Sign in to follow this  
Luggooyo

Why would a Brazilian call himself Somalia?

IL CAPO   

Originally posted by Luggooyo:

I was watching a game between two Brazilian teams, when all of a sudden my eyes caught this tall dark dude wearing a number 9 jersey, guess what? his name is Somalia!!! i.e. Wanderson Somalia.

Brother Luggooyo,

I saw this particular player playing in the Champions League for Feyenoord FC few years back and I was surprised to say the least, I knew he wasn't Somali but I was curious more than anything else to know why his name was Somalia.

After talking to some relatives in Holland who are football mad, they told me that it was a simple coincidence and that was that.

by the way did you see the two goals that Robinho scored against Figueirense on Sunday?

I told you that Boy was sheer magic ;) .

Luggooyo   

Il Capo, :eek: this nick reminds me of a bully in our neighborhood whom I hated to encounter :D

Robinho is phenominal, yes I was watching and I have never seen a 17 year old who terrifies defense that much. Once he controls the ball, there are two choices for defenders, either to kick the skinny brat and force him to relent or, avoid contact, save face and just wiggle backwards until he shoots or passes the ball. I enjoy watching him.

N.O.R.F   

I saw this particular player playing in the Champions League for Feyenoord FC few years back and I was surprised to say the least, I knew he wasn't Somali but I was curious more than anything else to know why his name was Somalia.

i rest my case! :D , after some initial difficulties :cool:

Never doubt this football brain!

Paragon   

^^^ SUN, We Love it! Thats their motto ;) . But who is Jordan? Did I say I know her? Damn secrets are out!

...poetic insparation from reading page 3 on the {[EDIT] Hammersmith and City Line[EDIT]}.. every morning

:D All the way from - Hayes, Southall, Hanwell, West Ealing, Ealing, Acton, Paddington, *Edgeware, Bakerstreet, Great-Portland Street, Euston, Kings Cross, Farringdon, Barbican, Moorgate, Liverpool Street and Algate East -- Its SUN-ytime ... Thats my route! :D ...

Blessed   

^^^^loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool^^^ :D

Back to the topic or rather the responses.

My oh My. We have an unfriendly crowd here, don't we?

For me anyone who acknowledges the Somali name / flag has honoured it. In fact, I think it's pretty marvellous considering we are an unrecognised nation.

There are Somalis who call themselves, Urub (Europe) Baarlin (Berlin) etc. And I don’t see the Europeans moaning and getting embarrassingly possessive over it.

I have a few questions to those oppose these individuals; Why can't others use 'Somali' as a nick, name?

Who gave you the right to it over others?

My God this place is boring. are ppl still on their hols?