Sign in to follow this  
Zafir

300 Islamic Scholars to Attend Manama Meet on Prophet

Castro   

^ Quite easy (and condescending) to utter while sitting on a comfortable chair, in front of a nice (broadband-connected) laptop, in a house in the great Pacific Northwest.

Be reasonable saaxib, the people you're wishing death upon for not having a nice home like yours, no matter how faithful they were, would still choose life over death. Naftu way macaantahay atheer. And you couldn't possibly understand what it feels like to die a horrible death from drowning or starvation. You could talk the talk, however.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

I would rather be dead then a 2nd or lower class citizen anywhere in this world.

Rubbish! Putting the cart before the horse... life comes before 'dignity' and 'honor'. Without life what's there to protect or seek :confused:

Maf Kees   

Danyeer, with all due respect, isku dad maanu nihin, isku fikridna maanu nihin, isku dhaqan iyo dadna maanu nihin and you have just confirmed it.

By saying this so bluntly because of a disagreement, absolutely isku dhaqan ma nihi.

I would rather be deadthen lose my dignity and respect in an irretrievable situation. Why? Because by god I am not scared of death nor at the thought of dying, because it will happen and we are all going to die one way or another, one time or another. If keeping my dignity and respect was at the expense of my life, then so be it. God did not design me to be second to none, and I wont allow it. I am sure those same people feel the same way.

If you do so, you are risking a trip to hell. There I said it. You're talking about dying for your personal dignity and respect: that's pride right there. Pride as the cause of your death will send you straight to Naar. Allah didn't give you life to be proud of yourself, He gave you life to worship Him and in return He will give you eternal paradise.

Jacpher   

Pride with deen leads to hell? Chimp theory or what? Nothing is wrong feeling proud of your deen and values. Pride in jaahilnimo is what leads to accept life as dabomadow, & 5th class citizen in Tel Aviv of all the places in the world. Die with deen & dignity, not the other way around. Don’t get caught while assimilating and trying to get acceptance and recognition at the expense of your dignity. Sooner or later, you'll notice your efforts have not furthered you an inch.

I still don't get what this got to do with the topic. :confused:

Zafir   

Am I the only one who finds this statement ridicule? Horn my man, just becasue Danyer (Somali) differs in your thinking process, so he isn’t the same ppl as you? Perhaps you meant the same tribe/clan as you. Next you say “we don’t think the same†my dear brother if ppl thought the same way [waxarta ba warabaha cunu laheyd]..

Ok ignore what I wrote above, Horn why go to this extent? In my view that was clearly uncalled for sxb.

Posted By Horn:

Danyeer, with all due respect, isku dad maanu nihin, isku fikridna maanu nihin, isku dhaqan iyo dadna maanu nihin and you have just confirmed it.

Maf Kees   

Ducaqabe.

Nobody said anything about Deen here. Dying for your Deen is pretty obvious. We are talking about wether or not it's acceptable that you die, because you refused to be humiliated personally without considering Deen. I disagreed that being 2nd class citizen is worse than being six feet under. Dignity is important, but less important than retaining your precious life and trust on Allah.

Look at us Muslims in the world. We are mostly a poor, divided and opressed lot. We have no choice but to watch how Kafir nations continue to humiliate us: US, Israel, Russia etc. What is your message to the Cechnyans and Palestinians? That their life in the West Bank, The Gaza Strip and Grozny is worse than death?

Zafir.

Haddii uu qabiil ama wax ka sii xun uu ka wadey, asaaba dhib qaba. From my side waxeyga waa peachy waana walaalkey. Hadaladaas in qof rag isku sheega ka soo bixi karey maa aanu filaneynin, laakiin I consider it forgotten.

Khayr   

How did a post about contemporary muslim Ulema/Scholars gathering together turn into 'Africans first but last to arabs' post.

Walahi waa caajib how the shayateen work with fical and gullible minds! :rolleyes:

Naden,

whats with the fascination of making the world a Utopia - as you deem fit. :confused:

People's values vastly differ so why can't you accept that 'Humanism' is not at the top of the chain for some people.

Naden   

Not sure what you mean by 'humanism' but the discussion was about what arab muslims could do to help those in need. Any value system that aids the poor and needy is alright by me (I was one before a hand was given to me). I do accept other people's values and no talk of a 'utopia' was in the discussion. Are you sure you're not dragging some incomplete thought from a different thread into this?

Originally posted by Khayr:

Naden,

whats with the fascination of making the world a Utopia - as you deem fit. :confused:

People's values vastly differ so why can't you accept that 'Humanism' is not at the top of the chain for some people.

Gabbal   

Castro-

From the way you put it, my words do not look like they carry weight, but I still stand by statement. You can be poor or rich as possible, but life is to be lead in dignity. If you do not have dignity, life has no meaning. If keeping my dignity and self-respect as the expense of my life, then so be it. I have been in situations where I though I would never live (I swear to you), but I have never, ilaahay baa i jeedo, feared death because I always understood it is not in my hands nor was it ever in my hands. Fighting for that which I believe and keeping my dignity intact is in my hands, and I'll be damned if I would live and not stand up for it.

Zifir/Danyeer

I do not understand how you received tribe/qabil out my post nor do I see the need to comment on it.

Castro   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

From the way you put it, my words do not look like they carry weight, but I still stand by statement. You can be poor or rich as possible, but life is to be lead in dignity.
If you do not have dignity, life has no meaning. If keeping my dignity and self-respect as the expense of my life, then so be it.
I have been in situations where I though I would never live (I swear to you), but I have never, ilaahay baa i jeedo, feared death because I always understood it is not in my hands nor was it ever in my hands. Fighting for that which I believe and keeping my dignity intact
is
in my hands, and I'll be damned if I would live and not stand up for it.

Saaxib what's all this you're spewing on here? You seem to be living in a theoretical bubble and not in the real world. Even worse, you've taken the saying "hadaad dhimanaysana, dhareerka waa layska duwaa" a little too literally, I'm afraid. "Hunger is kufr" say the Arabs. And for Allah to have allowed even eating pig meat when starving makes your dying-in-dignity rant sound even more asinine.

You're confusing dignity with pride, atheer. The former is brought about by faith in the Lord despite difficulties faced. What you describe (at least in the highlighted portion) above is pride and, if you didn't know already, it actually leads to Jahannam.

Khalaf   

Look at us Muslims in the world. We are mostly a poor, divided and opressed lot. We have no choice but to watch how Kafir nations continue to humiliate us: US, Israel, Russia etc. What is your message to the Cechnyans and Palestinians? That their life in the West Bank, The Gaza Strip and Grozny is worse than death?

I would tell them, as Allah as said: O you who believe, seek help in steadfastness and prayer. Allah is with the steadfast. (Surat al-Baqara, 153)

Patience in the face of hardship and difficulty is what the Prophets and the companions upheld. I can see where the brother is coming from humiliation dehumanizes, and is the worst to person's dignity-but those who believe be steadfast and put your trust in Allah.

The Negro Muslims have the Christian countries and humanitarian organizations to protect them. Muslims Arabs have oil and cartoons to worry about.

^ yeah right buddy, bloody middle eastern countries sittng on a pot of Gold are less worried about the whole muslim people as a whole, but are good for nothing puppets who are screaming for the sake of muslim plight, while they sit around on thier fat ballies ....no wonder why the so called non believers in the western countries are offering us lost case refugees aslyums left and right when we needed the most, eventhough we dont believe in thier believes....I guess Humanity plays a big role>>>>> unlike those so called muslim countries that could more than afford without streching thier pocket.....damn who the hell on earth said life was fair

Maf Kees   

HornAfrique.

Dignity is not about how other people treat you, it's inside you: your character, your actions, your values and sofort. In other words dignity is all about you. Nobody else can take that away from you.

NGONGE   

The issue of Muslim refugees is not a new one. It was there long before the Somalis decided to have a tiff and burn the country down. It started with the Palestinians and the declaration of the state of Israel. At the time (and even now) the Israelis argued and fought for a state of their own. They pleaded with the world and told all those that would listen that they’re a prosecuted people and that they need a land of their own. They used and, at times, magnified the holocaust issue to highlight their sorry position and sad state. When the Arabs (not strictly the Muslims) fought them in 48, 67 and the last war, they (Israelis) won. However, the winning of those wars was a mere hollow victory. The real victory was in the media and the public consciousness of the world. The Israelis pointed to the fanatical anger of the Arabs and their ready ability to wage war to ask why are they not giving the Palestinians refuge in their own lands, and therefore end this problem once and for all. Jordan was the only country to allow thousands of Palestinians to reside in its own lands. However, it later, along with all Arab countries regretted that decision. This is not because of a dislike or hatred for their fellow Arabs but for the clear and obvious reason that if they allowed Palestinians refuge in other lands the whole issue of Palestine and the Israeli occupation will be rendered null and void. Therefore, and ever since, the idea of accepting refugees in Arab lands has been a great big NO NO!

Having said that, many Arab countries did briefly ease the restrictions during the first Gulf War and allowed thousands of Kuwaitis in their lands. This however, I suspect, was not a sudden change of policy or to show particular love for the Kuwaitis. It was simple political bum-kissing that they knew was temporary and also knew was not going to cripple their various economies (how many Kuwaitis are there in the world?). I doubt if they’ll extend the same generous help to the Iraqis now (though some countries did during the rule of Saddam). I can’t see any Arab country even contemplating opening its doors to the 20 million Iraqis that would jump at such an opportunity.

It’s a funny old game this politics lark and the Arabs are the worst players there are.