Sign in to follow this  
-Lily-

Instincts

Originally posted by J.11:

Men are mostly logical and rely less on it but women? Oh thats a whole lotta different ball game. There is no logic to them mostly and when their intuitive or instinctive feelings lands them in hot water, they ofcourse have another thing at their disposal: sobbing

Is that right? Resourceful creatures, aren't they?

Faheema.   

^ :D

Originally posted by
Legend of Zu:

^^^ So what are you saying here? should we or shouldn't we?

Well, I am saying those of you who feel strongly should at least consider. Personally, it would be irrational to judge someone/something based on instincts alone. For me instincts are there for reassurance and to say….you were right after I have gathered the evidence, but, I guess it depends on the individual.

^^ When you gather evidence you would need to interpret, wudn't you? you could possible reach two different conclusions with the same evidence? so at the end of the day you would rely on the accuracy of your interpretation, no?

Cheers

Faheema.   

^^ Yes, is a possibility, that is why one should combine evidence with logic and instinct, (remember, I didn't completely eliminate instinct from the equation ) so in the end you will eventually sway one way. The impression I got from the original post and some of the responses, was that one would trust instincts and gut feeling more than anything.

Nephissa   

Instincts serve a purpose, however do not blindly follow them, as these instincts are not always right. See, when I first met Lilly on SOL I thought she was another stuck up snotty UK girl, but she turned out to be one of the nicest people I have ever known on this site, so be aware but not paranoid is my advice.

Originally posted by Willamina:

[QB] ^ LoL nuune, jar haka tuurin wuu jajabiye.

Maya Shar-Ma-Arke, I am just asking for some evidence
smile.gif
waxaanu shaki ka galin yaa.

This is easy and without using Nuune's crime busting techniques and undercover detective skills he acquired in schola poliica in wardhiiglay, I can solve this mystery single handedly with my intution and Instincts, and clairvoyance

Cawo is the young lady who was trying to buy a car way back last year, came back as Williamina with a traffic offence and a driving licence less 3 points. so my conculusion is Cawo and Willimanina are the differnt sides of the same coin. call me wizard of SOL, The Maestro or the magican. :cool:

Jamster   

Lily; If your instinct is telling you he is not good for you then dear run away miles unless you think he fits the bill; as far as romantic relationships go, such a feeling will hold much weight even- though rationally he might "fit the bill".

-Lily-   

Men, thinking the sun shines out of their nether region, this is not about a man.

A feeling I got about a certain issue made me curious about this phenomenal of instincts and whether we should trust them & to what extend. Also why at times our personal desire/will is at odds with our instinct.

Nephy, you’re lovely too my dear :cool: .

Skipper   

Intresting topic for sure. But Farhiya with all due respect up front what made you think that introducing a quote from a rapper would intrest us by any means? What were you thinking when you copied and pasted that quote? The fella is a singer right? Not sure since i pay less attention to music nowadays. Just because he/she is your fan doesnt necesesarly means he /she is ours too or should i say mine since i can only speak for myself. But next time if you bring up quotes from Henry ford, bill cosby or even Eienstein then i will write it down and make use of it. Cheers all.

Do you think there is such a thing as an instinct or a 6th sense? That can vaguely be described as a strong feeling about something that has no explanation behind it but causes you to pause and think hmmmm?

Instinct is a strange beast.

Your instinct is seldom wrong, yet as it is a subconscious thought process - it doesnt 'get' the whole picture- the underlying issues it merely responds to and provokes emotion (anticipication, frustration, unease etc), nor does it always kick in at the right time.

That is why we often doubt our instincts, but i believe they are programmed to kick in response to a concrete (well, what seems concrete by your brain) threat. And if you attempt to think through the problem at hand, then you will probably find a reason as to why your instincts steer you in one direction as opposed to another. Of course the reasoning might be faulty, and that is why it is wise not to blindly follow your instincts.

Som@li   

6th sense! I was now trying to understand the 7th sense,lol

Anyway, other than 5 senses, it is hard to explain the 6th sense, but it is there, and it is not the same for everybody!

Paragon   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

quote:Originally posted by J.11:

Men are mostly logical and rely less on it but women? Oh thats a whole lotta different ball game. There is no logic to them mostly and when their intuitive or instinctive feelings lands them in hot water, they ofcourse have another thing at their disposal: sobbing

Is that right? Resourceful creatures, aren't they?
Lol. Sorry dear, forgive me for not spotting your comment sooner. And to answer you; yes that is right but that depends on which creatures one finds resources. If you mean to imply 'aren't women resourceful', then I must admit they are more resourceful creatures in comparison to men. Their resourcefulness is in their genetic make-up, and their natural disposition of being quite capable in tackling some issues is a miracle of biological mechanics. Their tendency to skip and hop from one approach - when it appears to be of limited use - to others is the work of a psyche engineered to deal with life in a sophisticated manner.

Although I might have implied that they make less use of logic, I make an additional statement which confesses that women are as much likely to use logic to some ends when they know they stand to gain smile.gif . Thus, their switchovers are not at all a weakness to be minimised. Rather their flexibility to employ all means (majorely emotions) is advantagous if viewed in light of the logical rigidity that makes short of choice. So ' yes, the creatures are 'instinctly' resourceful.

However, if your concern was with men, then I have to answer that there isn't much resourcefulness in their nature. Happy with that explanation? Or do you want me to mumble further? :D