Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

What's Your Top Speed?

N.O.R.F   

^^Take it easy man. It no competition. The M1 goes from London to Leeds (up norf). Its probably the easiest drive out of all the motorways and has less Police presence :cool:

The most enjoyable drives are on the B roads through the countryside with hills, turns etc

UK uses Miles and not Kilometers.

Malika   

Miles@Cadan

I drive like a granny,if I get to 80mph it freaks me out..Lol, just my love for living that all!

Baluug   

OK, so just for clarification, a mile= 1.6 kilometres. So my top speed of 195 km/h equals out to 122 mph.

Don't worry North, I said I'm older and more easily scared, so I mean maybe I can get myself up to 140 kph. I ain't about to drive no 240 km/h like Umu Zakaria, that's insane!! Althought I do occasionally have thoughts of driving at the speed of light if I make to jannah insha Allah tacala.....

N.O.R.F   

^^Insha Allah

Highways are boring and dont really test the driver. You need visit the snake pass when you go to UK IA. Now thats a drive!

Snake Pass

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

For the novel by Bram Stoker, see The Snake's Pass.

The Snake Pass is the name of the A57 road where it crosses the Peak District between Manchester and Sheffield in the north of England, or more specifically to the section between the town of Glossop and the Ladybower reservoir, where the road passes over the high ground between the moorland plateau of Kinder Scout and Bleaklow. The highest point is 512 metres (1679 feet) above sea level. The road is exceptionally scenic - the view at the start of the descent into Glossop is quite remarkable, on a clear day offering beautiful views over the city of Manchester (over 10 miles away) and beyond. The road was first built as a toll road in 1820 as the most direct route between the two cities. In the 20th century, the more northerly route of the Woodhead Pass, which is less steep and at a lower altitude, became the primary road link between Manchester and Sheffield.

The Snake Pass passes through the National Trust's High Peak Estate, and lies within the High Peak borough of Derbyshire. Much it falls within the Hope Woodlands parish.

The name of the road matches its winding route, but originally derives from the emblem of the Snake Inn which is one of the few buildings on the high stretch of road. The pub's sign is derived from the serpent on the Cavendish arms of the Duke of Devonshire. The Snake Inn has been renamed the "Snake Pass Inn", so the pub is now named after the pass which was originally named after the pub !

The road has a poor accident record.[1] In winter, the road is often the first of the available routes between Sheffield and Manchester to be closed when bad weather affects the area.

Wiki

Baluug   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^Miyaad waalatay?

Hahaha hey I know what that means!!! That means "Are you crazy?" My Somali is getting better. This Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway sounds like a nice speedy highway, maybe I'll check it out someday....

It was back in new year's eve in 1999 driving BMW 323i from Århus city to a 1 hrs drive town called Viborg, Denmark. It was 11.10 PM in very bad winter night when me and a friend of mine decided to go to a party down there in Viborg (small town in Midwest Denmark) and wanted to get there in time, b4 (kalaguurka) 00:00 hrs. The road was full of snow and my car was equipped with -what I thought the best in terms of winter car safaty- good fat winter tyres with chains. All I remember was driving on 130-135km/pr (around 80 mile/hr) ill-covered snowy road when I lost control, the car skidded off the road started rolling and rolling (overturned) we ended up 100 m away from the main road in thick snowy field. Thanks to paramedics and py-passers who stopped and gave all they could to cut us free. Thanks God we were unhurt, apart from shocks & bruises here and there and the rest of night we spent in the hospital b4 they let us finally go home in the next morning. The car ended up in a car graveyard.

This 130 km/h was my top speed in a winter snowy road, however, my all time top speed was 200 km/hr from Humburg, Germany to Flensburg, Germany, a 170 km stretch in 40 min. with Alfa 156, a rental car. There was nothing left to push in gas pedal, yet I cant get it to reach 220km/hr, the max.

Alhamdulilah, Thanks God. me grown up man today and I learned my lessons as you know life is a learning process. My top speed today is max 120 km/hr to 140 km/hr. During winter times around 60 - 100km/hr depends on weather circumstances. Ciyaalnimo Illaah aa naga korshay.

Nephissa   

People in this thread talking about doing 200km/h, what if someone you knew was killed by a speeder..? :rolleyes: I fail to understand what is so appealing about driving like an id!ot.

Nephy it is one of the idiotic hyper things u do when ur dhoocil. Completely insane, but boy if feels so good.

In UAE and most of the khaleej, the young comonly die or suffer severe injuries due to reckless driving. I remember seeing almost every hour a young arab man with his left foot on top of steering and talking on the phone driving on 140-160 may be 200km/h