Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Repeat, repeat, repeat

At 3pm I discovered I may have lost everything I worked on this morning. It’s not so bad I reason, it should be quicker the second time round.

At 3:30pm I discovered I was worrying for no reason. Most of my work was retrieved. Phew.

At 5pm, I’m told something I did on Friday is incorrect. Moodily, I sit down and start to re-do Friday afternoon’s workload in an hour. I didn’t want to be here at 6.

At 5:15 I notice what I worked on this morning was also incorrect. I set about re-doing this morning’s work and last Friday’s work side by side. I worry a little about confusing the two but I focus.

At 5:45 I re-check this mornings work(just re-done) out of paranoia. I find that I’ve confused this morning’s(by now this evening’s work) with last Fridays’ work(by now also this evening’s work). So much for focus.

At 6pm, I make a cup of tea(something to hold me) and spill it on my desk.

It’s 6:55pm now and I feel I should go home before I become irrevocably senile

I have a morning meeting during which my progress will be appraised.

Now you know why hell has a repetitive nature.

Sayyid   

Don't worry it's only life! What can they do to you from except firing you?

If they do so, there are numerous other employers.

N.O.R.F   

Sheh, not sure uf your still at work but if you are i suggest you make wudu (even if you already have it) then re-work your work until it is done, i dont think you should go home b4 its finished,,,,and stay away from SOL :D

Khayr   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Sheh, not sure uf your still at work but if you are i suggest you make wudu (even if you already have it) then re-work your work until it is done, i dont think you should go home b4 its finished,,,,and stay away from SOL
:D

:D:D:D

She needs Stress management 101 and 102.

Sheh, not sure uf your still at work but if you are i suggest you make wudu (even if you already have it) then re-work your work until it is done, i dont think you should go home b4 its finished,,,,and stay away from SOL

Sounds fine advice. Better than fine, but great piece of advice. It is a good habit to turn to Allah whenever one is under duress whatever the nature, after all, who takes troubles away other than Allah? None.

DraGon   

Seems like somebody is describing my life.

They introduced a new audit software that requires saving everytime as suppose to the old one which was real time saver. And for the love of god I keep forgeting to save almost everytime I get out of the database in the last week, losing at times a whole days work. Oh computers!!!!

8:10 am and I'm at my desk already.

Spilled my first cup of tea already.

It ain't looking good folks.

BTW, for the first time in yonks I'm NOT stressed. I have put on weight and have been told I'm looking well as opposed to the 'anareksick' I was called 2 months ago.

I'm not worried about the meeting, lol. It's just when I say I've completed the work(over and over and over) I want to it to be true and correct.

Thanks for the Allah reminder. I have taken my eye off the spiritual ball. I went to bed knowing that but dreamed I went to Hajj with my mother. Inshallah a productive day ahead.

Have a good one y'all.

Nephissa   

Sheh: Once you learn patience then these matters will become trivial. You won't be tested nearly as much. My life has been a continual lesson in patience. It doesn't make me more patient, laakini it does give me the skills to deal with my impatience patiently, make sense?

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

Sheh: Once you learn patience then these matters will become trivial. You won't be tested nearly as much. My life has been a continual lesson in patience. It doesn't make me more patient, laakini it does give me the skills to deal with my impatience patiently, make sense?

Lol I reckon u've mistaken all of this for impatience. It was one of those days, that's all. This one's going well so far. Meeting later. smile.gif