Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

I Hate....!

Ibtisam   

Right now, I hate Weddings, weddings, more weddings and the whole wedding season. (Does anyone feel like they have been repeatedly beaten over the head the morning after the wedding? :( ) I'm tired of Smiling, endless kisses and saying hello to people you have not seen for years and answering the same questions all night (how are you, the family, who is with you etc) I hate helping out, (hey can you help give the food/drinks out :mad: )

Oh and can you believe Dirca's go out of fashion? :confused: What is all that about. :cool:

How do people get to weddings? And why can they never go back home using the same means they used to get there in the first place? At 1pm people will be like daaka yaa guurayah? :confused:

Finally I hate Mon & Wed.

-Lily-   

Having had to attend several weddings since the start of this year, actually the most I have ever been to, what I find most shocking at weddings is the level of disrespect and lack of manners. I have two more to attend this year then I’m done with the whole scene.

As for diracs getting out of fashion, they do. My question is though who designs them anyway? My guess is perverts, at the moment the silk ones can’t get any more transparent

Ibtisam   

^^Have you noticed that, I was wondering same thing as i got ready on sat nyt, I was wearing a jacket all nyt! so damn hot (somali wedding venus never have air con)I could not believe people were walking around in them with out even a shalmad, talking about flashing a room full of people!

I have gone to three so far and I have four more to go this year, I think all my friends had a meeting and decided to have their weddings one after another!.

Jac: I doubt it, I will always hate weddings and the first day of the week. I feel lost in both.

Aaliyyah   

Ghanima sis diracs were always transparent, so just wear gabisaar. If u wanna show yr hair, u can at least put the gabisaar/shalmad on your shoulders.

As for somali weddings, I have nothing to complain about. I always have tons of fun, apart from the wedding going on till 5 in the morning, that is one thing I dont agree with.

How do people get to weddings? And why can they never go back home using the same means they used to get there in the first

I do hate picking up ppl as well. You are absolutly right they should use the same means as they did when they were arriving.

Anba wa ka daalay Habo boos ma haysiin, maya ma hayo aa ku qabanasa in aa dhahdid lol

So ibti just stay positive. Have fun while u at it as summer is almost over.

wa salaamu alaikum

Ibtisam   

What do you do that is tons of fun??

The only dance I enjoy watching is when the old ladies jump and hop around, and they always form a such tight circle, it is impossible to see anything (not to mention the consent screaming, amusa, diibi uu duuruka,sacabka gaaracaa) :rolleyes: and even the bride cannot see what they are doing. I don't eat wedding food. So in general I find weddings an unnecessary parade of beauty.

Speaking of Ibti, I tried to reclaim it the other day, only to be told that it has been reserved by another member. :mad: I mean how dare they? :D lol

Aaliyyah   

lol so you watch other ppl dance, and you dont touch the wedding food.

so why did you go to the wedding in the first place..... :D

What do you do that is tons of fun??

Well, you should dance I suppose, eat the food. catch up with yr girl friends... :rolleyes:

Speaking of Ibti, I tried to reclaim it the other day, only to be told that it has been reserved by another member. I mean how dare they? lol

lol so u cant reclaim your nick name eh, why did u change it to begin with icon_razz.gif

HORTA what is wrong with changing names in SOL ,,,, i wanted to modify mine too and it is saying the same thing .... emailed the admin and no answer.

Nehanda   

Ghani, if you despise wedding why go? Even friends can be excused.

Anyhow, what's the pupose of a wedding. Isn't more logical to use the money you set aside for your wedding towards something more constructive ie contribute towards the restoration of a mosque, build a malcamad in a village anywhere in Somalia, donate to charity. Definitely more rewarding than feeding a bunch of ungrateful people.

Ibtisam   

^^How will you tell your girlfriend/ boyfriend/ cuz that you are going to miss their big day because you are not comfortable, each one goes but mine will be different.. I need you there, how could you even think about not coming, you hate to!... before you know it, you are trying to find out the latest wedding gear.

AAliyah, yep, I stand with my back firmly against the wall. :D I go there to say, hey look i came, congrats, then the rest of the night I’m dying to go home. lol

Nehanda, I could not agree more, why waste all that money and stress over bunch of people who will just talk about you. Or even go on holiday or something.

-Lily-   

The below is from observation

Basic Human Behaviour to observe at Weddings (A foundation course to Good Manners to observe at Weddings)

1) Arrive on time, the time that it actually says on the invite. 7 o'clock cannot possibly be confused with 11 regardless of whichever region you are from. Strolling in at 12 am does not make you look ‘fashionable’, in fact not only do you look illiterate since you are unable to read a simple invitation card which at most has 50 words on it but quiet incapable of understanding the concept of time, it will make you look like a desperate attention seeker strolling in as others are reflecting on the evening and planning their departure. Fashionably late does not apply to weddings nor does it cover a 3 hours gap ordinarily.

Don’t assume no one will notice when you sneak in or ‘everyone will be arriving late’. Children get dropped off on time, you arrive to work on time, you keep your appointments, and the concept of time does still very much exist in the realm of weddings. This is one of the biggest disrespect that so many make casually.

2) Bringing a car of uninvited guests, a big no no. Who are you again? Who are they? You have every other day of the year to see your friends and as such they really don't need to hold your hand whilst you attend a wedding. A wedding is NOT an evening out, contrary to what you have been told, it's a private function strictly for family and close friends of the bride and groom.

3) If you have a driver’s license, which I highly doubt, you would have remembered from the theory exam that no honking is allowed in residential areas after 11 unless you are making another vehicle aware of your presence, even then you flash your lights. And you wonder why more and more halls are loosing their licence to host parties after 11! Blasting music at 1 am as you pull out will not make you more popular to the opposite sex, who frankly couldn’t care less of your existence nor your taste in music.

4) Trashing the venue really, more specifically toilets, says a lot about you. Those things referred to as tissues have a designated area to be disposed of, it’s called a bin! It’s usually quiet close next to the sink where you will chuck it and in turn block. Remember, smoking in public enclosed areas is now banned, this means, no cigarettes in toilets, where grown up women well into their late 20s and 30s still smoke in fear of being discovered by the parents or accumulating a ‘bad’ reputation for themselves. Standing on chairs is so unbecoming & ungraceful, no one likes to look at your hemline.

5) You might not like the certain Xalimo across the room that appeared to be giving you a dirty look earlier or the Farax that was looking at ‘your girl’, the clumsy one who pushed you whilst you were dancing, rest assured we are aware this is a party but inviting the police to join is really going beyond our guest list.

6) A license to bi*ch does not come with the invite, criticising the venue, the food, the bride’s clothes or the lack of dance skills on the grooms side is unacceptable, in particular, refrain from doing so within earshot of family members.

7) Standing huddled at the end of a hall, like wall warmer, will not make you more appealing. Get a life, this is not a way to ‘pick up’ Xalimos. Ask yourself, if this is all you are doing, should you really be there?

8) Finally, we are not interested in the type of bra you are wearing or weather they’re real or fake, do cover up!

If you can observe the above, Congratulations, your behaviour now corresponds with that of ordinary humans! You are ready to progress to the next stage, Good Manners to observe at Weddings.

Ibtisam   

^^^Lool. I Love it, is it copy right, I think few people need this e-mail, and posted to get the message! lool.

8) Finally, we are not interested in the type of bra you are wearing or weather they’re real or fake, do cover up!

loool.

-Lily-   

No, I wrote it 2 weeks ago, I was threatening to send it with the invites for my sisters wedding which took place this past wkend, thankfully the worst thing that happened was that uninvited people showed up, the rest must have got my telepathic message. You can’t have it all.

Feel free to distribute it.

Ariadne   

realy wednesdays are the best!

They are the most productive day of the week along with thursday. Monday has gone past and its only a couple of more days till the weekend. You don't feel exhausted yet as you are still in the middle of the week.

yeah wednesdays are good!