Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

I Hate....!

Aaliyyah   

Kool_Kat, weddings can be simple, I went to a friends wedding last year, she had 20, yes 20 guest only and the wedding finished at 9pm (before you ask she was somali and so was the guy) I loved, I think it is the best wedding I've ever been to!. so i guess it is possible

I don't think in most cases inviting 20 guests would be possible. Given that most somali families are quite large . However, I agree with making it as small as possible-invite your friends, classmates, and family members. But, as somalis the word goes around and before u know the whole freaking city is invited. I am not so sure if we can do anything abt it. But, it is good to try, like only give invitation cards to certain number of people.

I remember Lily was telling me the other day her sister was getting married. I wonder how it went...and which songs did u guys choose? just curious ;)

wa salaamu alaikum

Kool_Kat   

Ok people, I went to a wedding last night...I got there around 1am, same time as the bride...Mind you, when we got the invitations, we were told that the banquet hall closes at 2am, so we should arrive early...Yeah right...

N'way, I thing I am getting too old...The girls there were, literally, half naked...Most of them were wearing short halter top dresses 0-10854149-thumb.jpg ...And this was not a reception wedding, it was a DIRAC wedding...Although, the dresses were cute, they weren't appropriate for the occasion...

I remember in my younger dayz, my mom wouldn't let me leave the house dressed like that...If I wore something short, and she thinks it is too short, she'll say "naa heedhe meeyay surwaalkaagii, walee adoo qaawan inaadan meel u cocaine, orodoo dhar gasho"... ;)

Girls cover up a bit...

Ariadne   

What I dislike most about weddings is the wedding video. Which is produced by the next week.

And you are like I was there I don't need to watch.

I don't dislike weddings I just think they are very weird!

To me weddings are like the mating rituals of the human. And it feel like verbal mating, that we are all playing witness to.

Because of the intimate nature and a little part of me feel weirded out by this.

Modesty   

I hate how barbaric somali weddings are, and how some reer badiyo folks are unfriendly. Does it hurt to smile? I don't go to somali weddings anymore.

I hate when the girls put too much makeup that changes their faces, style and skin .... some look like dolls walahi

Last time there was this girl saying HI to me and coudn't recognize she is my classmate until she came closer, smiled and talked ,,,,,,

look the next morning ,,, they are another ppl :D

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Modesty:

I hate how barbaric somali weddings are, and how some reer badiyo folks are unfriendly. Does it hurt to smile? I don't go to somali weddings anymore.

LOOOOOL@ barbaric. miss high class saas ba laga raaba ;) weddings should be professional, simple, peaceful, and most importantly islamic not like a cheap high school dance. the pakistani wedding i went to recently was held at a mansion iilbaax high class ppl, no diib iyo qaaylo, and half naked females running around.

peace out.

Aaliyyah   

lol Khalaf even though I dislike pakis, they do preserve their culture which is something that couldnt be said abt somalis. This saying sort of applies to us ''In rome act like a Roman'', we like to blend in. However, pakis' weddings happen to be a lot more simplistic, where somalis just over do it.

I think it wouldnt hurt if we change our weddings a bit, like for instance the timing, I just hate weddings lasting for seven hours, not only is it waste of time it is just not right. And, the fact that the pride comes so dam late like one oclock in the night, when they tell you to arrive at ten. And, for some reason somalis just make their weddings seem more like a club than a wedding, and that could be due to the fact lota of uninvited guests arrive, and the place just gets over crowded.

Still somali weddings are fun, we could just change those aspects.

But noooo I never want a dull weddings like those pakis have :mad: