Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Ramadan without saambuus, be carefull

Aaliyyah   

^Ramadan Mubarak Che...

yeah my wedding was sooo goood and pucca was ofcourse invited...duh...ask her we had a fab time. LOL

just came back to say hello and no I aint married..srry to burst ur bubble.. icon_razz.gif

^You didn't marry eh, that makes a lot people feel better,excluding me of course :D

Well looking forward to your Islamic lectures specially this blessed month!

Nothing about Islamic good marriage or married couples ;);)

Blessed   

Salaams Aaliyah.. xageed ku maqneed?

You sure make a lot of food, you must be part of a big family?

Authentic suqaar doesn't consist of much vegs. Just add carrots and peas to make it healthy. Kamsaro and Green / Red / Yellow pepper just before you switch off the stove for colour, texture and taste.

Aaliyyah   

Alhamdulilah I came from a large family blessed sis.

Thank you sis.inshallah I'll try to follow your recipe...although my suqaar always consists whatever vagetable I have in my fridge(i dnt really follow any specific recipe its more like add whatever lol)

korean aa? ninka aduunka ugu danbeeya haduu korean aha ma guursadeen. hahahah no offense intended toward Pucca...

salaam

Blessed* Kamsaro aka Kabsar caleen?

How does alter the taste?

My suqaar is just basal, barbarooni, and suqaar( meat).

Aaliyah...Good to know smile.gif Well dear, enjoy this blessed month!

Blessed   

Che..

Your suqaar is how they made it back home but bBesbaaskaa laga buuxin jiray as I recall.

Yeah, kabsar caleen. It just kicks up the smell and taste. Try it. I can't cook Somali food without kabsaro and khamun (cumin).

Aaliyah,

Masha Allah. I'm from a large family too - though we got split up ages ago. I kind of miss fighting over sabusa. LOL

I love suqaar though- make it every other day.. quick, tastey and goes with everything.

Blessed* Will try it next time. There's so many twists to suqaar now, but all are usually tasty. Do you know how to make kackac, which I thought was pretty basic thing to make, but there are many variations.?

Does anybody heard of dry malawax?

Blessed   

Mulawax without oil? I make mine without Oil cos it makes me ill. You have to get one of those flat pancake pans - or it will stick and use fry light oil sprays. It's nice with strawberries.. Ymmm. Think that will be Suhuur.

Kackac.. ma quraac aa?

Fabregas   

funny thing is that I didn't get real hungry on the first day of ramadan like on normally does on the first few days. Didn't wake up for suhur too. strange. as for sambus, god bless the somali women. ;)

ps. nuune, How comes ur endz fasted on friday :confused:

edit; it's illegal for men to make sambus.