Sign in to follow this  
Nomen nescio

Are you planning to buy a house?

Many of those who dismissed the idea of buying a house here in the west have been living abroad at least 8 years and evidently been paying rent for a good portion of that period "unless they live in government housing"... so Had you bought a house 8 years ago you would have accumulated enough equity to buy you 9 houses in Somalia should you decide to pick up and leave today!!!..

I just dont understand what is so unpatriotic about investing your money in a big comfortable house rather than living in a tiny azz apartment and pay the same!!!

Baashi.. I will PM you saxib.. and i appreciate your help.

its not unpatriotic in anyway. raise yr family where ever you think is safest and beneficial for them. to each their own. some of us who are talking about a utopic somalia are setting them/ourselves for disapointment anyways. were living in strange times.

Sky   

when you fellas go to somalia for vacation. be prepared to get arrested by the somali authorities. i'm the one who will be suing your a.ss for treason. :mad:

^^^ my point exactly. :rolleyes:

what are you on about, bro? its really nt that serious. sme folks arent ready to move back and if you think about it, can anyone blame em'? and those who do, masha allah, bt i hope you dnt expect to jst go there and things will fall into place. its you/us who will be shaping the country and thats alot of work.

Khayr   

salaamz,

It is narrated on the authority of Amirul Mu'minin, Abu Hafs 'Umar bin al-Khattab, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

"Actions are (judged) by motives (niyyah), so each man will have what he intended. Thus, he whose migration (hijrah) was to Allah and His Messenger, his migration is to Allah and His Messenger; but he whose migration was for some worldly thing he might gain, or for a wife he might marry, his migration is to that for which he migrated

In this hadith, the Rasul salallahu caliyhe waslim) uses an interesting Example to illustrate the Subject matter (Niyah/Intention). He salallahu caliyhe waslim) uses the example of

HIJRAH/Migration/Moving to illustrate how that relates with Purity of Intention.

The RASUL salallahu caliyhe waslim) could have useD the example of salat, zakat, hajj, fasting (all part of the 5 pillars), but chose not to do so.

This truly shows how the Rasul (salallahu caliyhe waslim) spoke to his sahaba, his awareness of

their Physchology and Disposition etc.

Making a Hijrah is not one of the 5 pillars of Islam, yet SubhanAllah it is mentioned.

Sura Imran, v. 14 Attractive to mankind is the love of the joys (that come) from women and offspring; and stored-up heaps of gold and silver, and horses branded (with their mark), and
cattle and land
. That is comfort of the life of the world. Allah! With Him is a more excellent abode.

It is possibly mentioned (and only Allah and his Rasul (salallahu caliyhe waslim) know best) because it is what Bani Adam craves and cherishs near and dear-A SHELTER/A HOME/LAND TO CALL YOUR OWN and often when something is near and dear to us, we often put our personal interests infront of All else, our personal interests above Allah and his rasul (salallahu caliyhe waslim), we all do it and the more and higher the stakes are, the more and more we put Allah and his Rasul (salallahu caliyhe waslim) in the back, back, backkkk, were our conscious is far asleep and our nafs is whispering to us 'Go Ahead, the road is Clear!'

The point that I am trying to make here inshallah is don't turn your homes into Banks, don't purchase a home and live in it with the mixed intention of raising a family, buying it for your family etc. and profit making. For you can just rent a home and take care of your family just as well!

What is happening nowadays is this new trend that a home is not a place to invest in Spirituality and building and a raising a family, rather it is seen as a CASH GRAP/MONEY MAKING SCHEME and when a HOME is built on the WRONG FOUNDATIONS,

it often CRUMPLESSSS!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

So inshallah unless the NIYAH is Clear and Pure

and inshallah for ALLAH and his Rasul (salallahu caliyhe waslim), then don't purchase a home, just Rent it and I think that their is some Hikmah in some of the Ulama saying that its Haram to hold a mortgage.

Fi Amanillah

With all due respect to your point of view saxib i must remind you that most of us have "migrated" already and been living here for at least over 5 years.. my point is why not make our migration worthwhile by investing and saving our money!!?

Do you know Abdurahman Ibin Cawf? he was one of the poorest saxaabah RAA when he migrated to Madina. it was reported he didnt have a penny, few years later he became one of the most pious and richest business men of Madina .

Our religion teach's us to work for our future and better our living as hard as we work for our akhirah.

dawoco   

^^ well said, though i have to stop agreeing with u all the time icon_razz.gif

Khayr though it is hard to disagree with your point, as you use quite many quotes to back it up, i think that rationally thinking there are other things than a house which pose a threat to our imaan and our concience.

Renting is alright but with landlords having the upper hand they can evict you at will or ask for more money and generally make a tenant's life difficult if they so wish. Don't look at it from investment's point of view, but from that of a family. Hving some security is crusial in family life and living in a house you own, or will own eventually gives a little bit of assurance in a cruel world. If it serves as an investment, well that is just a bonus.

And besides, considering the fact that the brother is worrying about the best xalaal way to go about it instead of the mortgage route, i would say that his concience isnt pushed back by dollar signs.

Allah comes before everything, and no material gain is enough to replace religion but you can't say that because of the personal interest one has to stop any kind of ambition to better life in this world. Allah provides but we have to work hard for his provision on earth and for the here after....That's just my point of view.

As for the patriots wanting villas back home, it is easy to talk abt ur intention of investing back home when you are safe and sound in some part of the world away from somalia. If you are serious go and set an example, but the reality remains that it is dangerous for many ppl to consider going back home.

So think about the substance of your words and not at the image it projects, cos without the action backing it up it is futile.

BN   

AJ,

Yes, I am hoping to purchase a house this year if all goes well. I must say however that I was planning on going through the normal channels(broker or bank) as I had not considered this other form of financing. Although it still seems a tad confusing...I'll have to read more on it.

Baashi,

So the title would be in the Islamic bank's name then until it was paid off? And what if you wanted to take equity out, would that be possible? How would that affect your repayment schedule? And do you have any similar Islamic financing organizations north of the border?

I would rather own a property in London (a two-bedroom flat in SW6 to be specific :D ) than anywhere else in the world- inc Somalia, but its just a dream for the time being as there's no way I'm going to be able to afford it for the next 10 years or so. Unless I win the Lotto.

Baashi   

Originally posted by Bari_Nomad:

Baashi,

So the title would be in the Islamic bank's name then until it was paid off? And what if you wanted to take equity out, would that be possible? How would that affect your repayment schedule? And do you have any similar Islamic financing organizations north of the border?

Ur name appears on the title along with the LARIBA's name. You are a co-owner. Your portion of ownership is equal with the amount of down payment you made at the inception of the contract. For instance if you paid 20% down then you own 20% of the property. I don't think you can take an equity on it. This is not a mortgage per se. As to whether they operate north of the border I don't know but will find that out for u buddy.

NinBrown   

SA

Guys i agree it is better to buy a house then rent it because you save money and have more security. Now the problem is how you gonna buy it...if you read the fatwa i posted above you will understand the issues involved in the so called islamic morgates...the sheykh critically analyses the way the work and conlcludes from many different components of this halal morgate to be haraam....so i urge you brothers and sisters to read this document..if anything you might begin to understand how these companies make thier money.....good luck all those trying to buy a house.