Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Advice needed

I bought a white Roots jacket that cost $200...2

weeks later I decide to wash it and so I put in the machine and when I got it out it was all stained with red and black some spots mixed with both colours. I didn't use bleach the jacker has some red and black on it so it mixed together

Today I took it to the dry cleaner and the lady read the washing directions and it said it shouldn't be cleaned by a dry cleaner and she asked me how it turned out so bad. I told her I put it in the machine in cold water and she said that's what your suppose to do. But after that I put it in the dryer for like 3 minutes.... It doesn't say you can't put it in the dry cleaner but that you should be catious.

The lady at the dry cleaner told me to take the jacket back and get a refund and complain. I thought the receipt was at home, but when I came home we looked around and we couldn't find it.

Do you guys know a way that I can bring back the jacket with/out the receipt? and get my money back or exchange it for another jacket.

Thanks for reading and caring to reply....... smile.gif

Diamante   

aaaaww....you sweet thing, seriously i feel for you. cheer up!

well there is a thing you could do...go back to the shop, see if you can refund it, if they say no...try the Winona Ryder style, result guaranteed ;)

thinks of what she could do with 200 bucks...

Bess.   

it depends on what u used to buy it with....if credit, debit or visa cards u should still have some records of it ...if u used cash and u recently bought the jacket...it should still be in stock and u should definitly go back and tell them about the terrible quality of this garment and return it, argue if necessary, talk to a manager.... :D ...hopefully u will get ur money back sis.....

shyhem   

I don't know where u live;but here in the old USA ,they happen to have invented madison avenue and in in that case consider your azz played minus 200 bucks.

Or else Read the fine print,i'm sure it says goods can be returned in original form,however they are not responsible for what happens btw u'r jacket and the dryer........Oooooops i forgot u lost u'r receipt....well i say give the damn jacket to the salvation army or the local muslim charities and claim it on u'r W-4 form.

so u wanna bring your dirty laundry heya! ouch! lolol.. well, try returning it whatchya gotta lose!! put on a good face... bring out the sista attitude (shake you head and fingers) and say i didnt pay $200 to be ripped off! aha aha no siree pop!!

either gimme my money back or exchange it!! suckas!!

or do as daimante said, do the Winona!! lolol..

I don't think you have much of a case, I used to work in a retail store that sold clothes. Generally big shops will allow you to exchange items without a receipt, because they want to keep the goodwill of the customers, and think it's worth the cost of people committing fraud.

However, you might a case when the product didn't specify how to go about using a dryer.

If it only said to be cautious, say you were being cautious, used to lowest temprature etc. Blame them for not specifying explicitly how to use a dryer.

If you don't have a receipt I don't think they'll help you at all. Only if you had returned the item in its original condition.

Stores do have a legal obligation (in the UK at least) to refund or exchange faulty items with a receipt.

So like someone already said, check your statements, see if something comes up.

If you do try to return that item, be prepared to get annoyed glances and patronising behaviour from the staff. As a former retail assistant myself, we tend to hate customers like that. smile.gif

If all else fails, try wearing the jacket and claim it's a fashion statement. If you pull it off and start a trend, the manufacturers will definitely put Dry-cleaning recommended on their labels. smile.gif

Good luck!

GD   

white Roots jacket that cost $200...2

ooooooooow miskiin, brov question? was the many urs? how was da jacke? sorry i forget da white roots jacket.brov if u got a gun i can tell u how to get ur many back but have u? let me know if u have 1.

dadna meelu u galu waayey dadna dabaday ku war waranayaan.

Thanks to all you guys/girls who gave me advice

Today I went back to the store Sears and I am glad to say I got half of my money back.

There was a nice somali girl at the front desk and she worked it all out for me alahmdulilah......I was glad to get back at least that much.

so the problem is solved........

GD   

hhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkk sorry were u a gal? even better.now u get $100 back but u -$100.kkkk. give it to da ppl in need.

dadna meelay u galan ayay waayen dadna dabaday ku warwaranayaan.