Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Armed robbery in Dubai!

Som@li   

An eyewitness described the assailants as tall youths.

Armed robbers raid Wafi jewellery store

By Bassma Al Jandaly, Bassam Za'za', Alia Al Theeb and Sunita Menon, Staff Reporters

16_nt_wafi_5.jpg

16_nt_wafinew3_gn_5.jpg

Dubai: In a daring robbery, armed men burst into a jewellery store in Wafi City in two cars and made off with a huge amount of jewellery last night, police and witnesses said.

Both the cars used in the heist were stolen; one had a Dubai registration plate while the other was registered in Abu Dhabi, Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Dubai Police Chief, told Gulf News last night.

No arrests had been made at the time of going to press, but police found the cars, abandoned and burnt, Jamal Al Merri, Deputy Commandant of Dubai Police, told Gulf News.

He said the robbers crashed into the jewellery store Graff, on the ground floor of the mall at around 9.30pm. "This is the first time I've seen such a scene in Dubai," he said.

No estimate has been made on the losses, but Lt Gen Dahi said the robbers emptied the front display of the store. He also said the criminals were unlikely to be of Arab origin. Witnesses said the assailants were masked and armed.

Hussain and Kambiz, two Dubai residents visiting the mall last night, told Gulf News: "We were shocked to see two sedans crashing in at very high speed at around 9.30pm, shattering the glass doors."

"There were four masked men inside. One car smashed the window of the jewellery shop, the men burst out ... They were all carrying guns and hammers. People started panicking, there was chaos everywhere. They took some jewellery and within minutes drove out of the mall."

Investigators at the scene said: "They were professionals ... They drove towards Zabeel where they burnt the cars."

Sally Meech, Public Relations Manager of Wafi City, told Gulf News that one of the cars broke through the front gate of the mall.

No estimate has been made on the losses, but Lt Gen Dahi said the robbers emptied the front display of the store. He also said the criminals were
unlikely to be of Arab origin
. Witnesses said the assailants were masked and armed.

Carabta tuuga ma noqon karaan miyaa? Unlikely kulahaa.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

quote: No estimate has been made on the losses, but Lt Gen Dahi said the robbers emptied the front display of the store. He also said the criminals were
unlikely to be of Arab origin
. Witnesses said the assailants were masked and armed.

Carabta tuuga ma noqon karaan miyaa? Unlikely kulahaa.
Somalis are also Arabs :D

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

I hope they won't blame the somalis ,,,,,,,,, these Arabs are really crazy folks

Why panic that they will blame Somalis? Is there some kind of attraction in the Somali blood? I hope that whoever is responsible in this is found ASAP trying to disturb the peace that many enjoyed in the UAE. I just got back from a trip to the UAE on Sunday, security was something that I was amazed with in there. Therefore such incidents could cause worry.

Why exclude somalis, when we all know the biggest robery in eastafrica (Somalia, kenya, Jabuti, Tanzania and Zambiya) is on our name.

Saa waa raggii lahaa Indhoxamil, Akila & Mudeey etc ooba arkay alaabo iska dayacan, umalayn mayo inaay si sahala uga tagi lahayen!

Even if somalis were not behind this, they can easliy be framed by the police.

It is easy to blame somalis coz no one is gonna deffend them ,,,,, and ppl will easily accept the accusation since we are known as qaswadayaal and bilaa dowlad ,,,,, :D

me   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

It is easy to blame somalis coz no one is gonna deffend them ,,,,, and ppl will easily accept the accusation since we are known as qaswadayaal and bilaa dowlad ,,,,,
:D

^ :D and I thought that in aad Somaliland wadan la yidhaahdo ka timid oo dowlad leh....mise waxaad leedahay dowlad somaliland la yidhaahdo ma jirto.