Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

One Small Problem

Chimera   

I have subconciously diverted my once in a year sickness to the month 'December', rest of the year i won't tolerate it

trust me,it's all in your mind. Take control

*cough cough*

damn it!! :D

I am assuming this is a guy whom you are involved with romantically therefore here is my suggestion…My advice is to let him know you wanted to talk to him about something and set up a date and time and in private place discuss the issue…Let him know you have had hard time adjusting to this habit of his, and you never got a chance to ask him why he does? Give him a chance to explain to you if there are medical reasons or what not, and maybe you would even find out he doesn’t like doing it, I am sure it’s inconvenient and annoying to have to do that in professional or personal setting.

You let him know that you are still adjusting to it and it may take you time before you are used to it and don’t think it’s annoying as much…Don’t hesitate or feel afraid, communicate your difficulty with him, and be open

Nephissa   

no no no, SS it's not. If it was someone I was involved with I'd put my bag [which is the size of a city] over his nose until his arms stop twitchin, ;) problem solved. THAT is how you handle an annoying situation.

^ Tell him honking with such intensity and frequency lowers the sperm count in men. You were reading it somewhere the other day and miskin he came to mind and u JUST had to say something.

Dib danbe ha laga maqlo HOOOONNNNNKKKK! He'll be wiping his nose like a dainty Victorian woman. :D

This reminds me of Kenyans...The sound made from blowing their noses,sounds eerily close to a braying Donkey.

One such incident, at high noon in Lokondonkwe,(that is in Maralal btw,close to Samburu national reserve ),this dude after eating Ugali,was taking a nap next to a Donkey. So,I guess the basbas made him want to blow his nose,He blew it so hard ,the donkey thought he was being attacked by the rival donkey family. So it started braying & it went into a full frontal war with the fella. He whooped the Donkey's arsse(hahaha,i crack myself,i said arsse,yea heard?) smile.gif

OK so i made that story up,but i swear,they sound so loud you would think its a dameer qeylinaya smile.gif

Nephissa   

ahhah@FB. Oh my lord. L0L L0L L0L. Man, that made me laugh my butt off. Laakin you ARE THE WORLD'S GREATEST LAAYA' smile.gif . Now that I know this about you, I'll try not to fall for anymore of your posts. :D .

Cabdow   

^ :D Or maybe he is allergic to the uunsi/catar she is wearing icon_razz.gif

Probably igaarka sanboor aa hayo ee ga'kasiiso nooh. Besides, if it doesn't bother him why should it bother you?

Originally posted by Nephthys:

no no no,
SS
it's not. If it was someone I was involved with I'd put my bag [which is the size of a city] over his nose until his arms stop twitchin,
;)
problem solved. THAT is how you handle an annoying situation.

Okay he is not a friend or romantic partner, but it is someone you come into contact fairly regular, so maybe a co-worker...If that is the case, the approach should be via sympathy...Bringing the "sound" into the conversation, because the person might not be aware they do it on a regular basis, and make sublime inquiry...Maybe if you understand the reason then you allow it not to annoy you as much

Faynuus   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

He has this thing he does with his nose. It's honking. About once every hour, he gets out a Kleenex and just starts making these god-awful noises and his eyes kind of pop out of his head. It sounds like a semi truck, I damn near ran off into a ditch last Saturday when he started honking in the car.

I know it is a minor problem, but it kind of bothers me for some reason. Is there someway I can tactfully approach this subject with him? Is this a medical condition, I am not familiar with and one that perhaps I should be more sensitive to?

Waxaan ku weydiiyey hadii uu xaajigaagaba ahayn maxaa ku ag dhigay EVER HOUR waan yaabaye xataa saturdayska? amuuba naa orod iga ag tag aan kaa qaraabtee ku leeyahay ood adi lee too dhag weyn eh ku noqotay? gabar wiilka ga' ka siiso noo hadii kale waa ku sheegaa. hayeey.

Nephissa   

FYI, he's someone who doesn't break my wudu. Thanks for over-analyzing the situation. ;) .

And thanks to all who read & commented upon it. smile.gif .