Sign in to follow this  
stpaulchick

Fav....Comedian

raula   

^^^that dude for sheezy is helluva nutty icon_razz.gif

But that list by MS WORD is 'sic' gal :D especially Richard Pryor-back in SNL days.

STOIC-loveee...BRUCE BRUCE (esp. in the episode where he explain the sign language btwn a lady who boarded the wrong bus), CEDRIC 'THE ENTERTAINER'(nigga is 'sic w/it')-especially when he brings on the dance moves from the 80's :D Mama mia.

Although I dont watch it nowdays-The BET comic view hosts: RICKEY SMILEYS(that alabama native is witty when it comes to Black COLLEGE's STEP SHOWS :D whoowee), ARNEZ J(super comical, and mothersucker is too damn flexible :rolleyes: ), and the two I have mentioned above.

I'm Rick James!! Gotta love chappelle!

Bill Maher (real time) absolutely funny , The daily show(my favorite news), Ali G(anything), CONAN O'BRIEN( very goofy and I luv his obsession with his hair do)

Emperor   

Comedy??????? and Me??? Never really get on well.

I find it strange, no person can make me laugh, What? Open me mouth and say GAHA Gaha ... No way, may be not easy, I am actually a tough audience I sometime laugh on serious people when they act too serious but never on a comedian's joke. Well, may be if you try some of Oday Cabdille's ones, I must say not all of them, but definetly not the one you lot enjoy. I don't really find funy any of those guyz, may be is just me that I dont posses that sense of feeling, or may be we dont have same taste nor do we share the concept of humor.

Not suprised actually this comedy thing it rather appeals to the female part of the world as one can observe from SOL.

Mental not me

STOIC   

Qorshel, are you the type of guy that laughs at a fat woman slipping on a banana peel? in Africa that is a comedy.

Pacifist   

I can't stand Bill Maher I hate him. He is a Islam Hater!!! redface.gif

Heres my list

Dave Chapelle

Eddie Griffin

Cedric Entertainer

Bernie

Mo'Nique

NOW FAV SHOW IS

MAD TV(DON'T EVER MISS IT)

Mrs Swan---Alex Borstein with her chinese accent :D

P.S Stoic your name do you mean it by the stoic philosophy or the actual meaning that being Indiffirent or unaffect by joy or pain ... Just curious

Gosh I don't know many of these American comedians you guys are fawning over. But I'd say the Brits are the best when it comes to comedy. I'm still new to the scene, but honestly, I don't have enough time to list all the people I like.

- Bill Bailey. His jokes tend to go on for a while, and just when you start to think he's telling an ordinary anecdote, he'll come up with an insane and bizarre line.

- Dawn French / Jennifer Saunders. Sure they do mostly sketches (which btw, are hilarious), but French is generally great and Saunders is awesome in Ab Fab.

- Dylan Moran. I don't know him apart from Black Books and some interviews I've read, but he does self-deprecating humour better than the English can. And the Black Books show is absolutely hilarious, too bad it's finished. Take this quote from the first episode:

Customer: Those books, how much?

Bernard: Hmm?

Customer: Those books. Leather-bound ones.

Bernard: Yes, Dickens. The collective works of Charles Dickens.

Customer: They real leather?

Bernard: They're real Dickens.

Customer: I have to know if they're real leather because they have to go with a sofa. Everything else in my house is real. I'll give you two hundred for them.

Bernard: Two hundred what?

Customer: Two hundred pounds...

Bernard: Are they leather-bound pounds?

Customer: No...

Bernard: Sorry, I need leather-bound pounds to go with my wallet. Next!

- The girls from 3 Non Blondes. - Oh gosh, they do this sketch/hidden camera show which is so much funnier than that Trigger Happy TV thing.

- Lenny Henry. Nobody does outrageous silliness better than he does. I like his randy Jamaican character or his version of Beyonce. smile.gif

STOIC   

Pacifist,no my name has nothing to do with the philosophy of stoicism.I slept through the philosophy class when the profesor was lecturing about their contribution to moral philosophy and their theories of the mind as the classical world.Whenever something bad happens to me i usually let it not occupy my heart or mind that is why i choosed the name.

Hey you know Bill Meher is funny though especially his satirical comments about politics and society.I don't agree with his religious comment but heck it is commedy!.

Pacifist   

Originally posted by STOIC:

Pacifist,no my name has nothing to do with the philosophy of stoicism.I slept through the philosophy class when the profesor was lecturing about their contribution to moral philosophy and their theories of the mind as the classical world.Whenever something bad happens to me i usually let it not occupy my heart or mind that is why i choosed the name.

Hey you know Bill Meher is funny though especially his satirical comments about politics and society.I don't agree with his religious comment but heck it is commedy!.

Stoic thanks for clarifying your name. Its very good thing that you don't let bad things occupy you... ;)

Pacifist: Bill Maher does not pick on a certain religion I think he believes that all of them are out to get him :D

Ms. Swan: I tel you,! I tell you! He.........looked like a man!!! loooooool

Also, do not make me forget Margaret Cho (Notorious Cho). I never thought Asian people could be that funny!!!

posted by picifict

I can't stand Bill Maher I hate him. He is a Islam Hater!!!

Walaahi you are so right, he is the Most offensive anti-Islamic characters i seen on Tv. Seriously i sometimes have dreams of assassinating bill maher. that jew deserves nothing less then painful death.

Back on the topic.

Heey we all forgot oe person

WILL FERREL from SNL :D:D

asxantu

Somali Politicians !

Dave Chepelle is hilarious! but i like ma old timers egyptian legends like Ismail El Yassin, Adil Emaam and that british dude Lee Evans ..

ofcourse i can't forget about Ali G and his interviews!

Nephissa   

I have to say David Chappele.

Brown: I liked that episode too ( The KKK dude>>WHITE POWER), especially when he divorces his wife, not bc she made him believe he's white, but she married a Nigga loooooooool.

I forgot to add, The FRUITCAKE LADY on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. That old woman cracks me up. Can't get the link but type 'ask the fruitcake lady' on google. :D

J.Lee   

Raula, it is so sick it makes me hurl lol but Mooney is the funniest of the lot, he even wrote materials for Pryor, he is just a comic genius. I plan on taking alot of tapes of him when I go to Garbahaaray and Tuulo Barwaaqo :D come Fall insha'allah.

Checkmate, Farrel was funny as H!ll in Elf but he isn't funny when doing stand-up.

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

I have to say David Chappele.

Brown: I liked that episode too ( The KKK dude>>WHITE POWER), especially when he divorces his wife, not bc she made him believe he's white, but she married a Nigga loooooooool.

I forgot to add, The FRUITCAKE LADY on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. That old woman cracks me up. Can't get the link but type 'ask the fruitcake lady' on google.
:D

Bisharo: The fruit lady is just plain crazy. and ppl asking her ****** Qs. :D

Am guessing you also like the 'the tonight show Pres. bush'.loool..*hehehehehe*(with the shoulders)

La-y-La   

"It wasn't a good year for fat black singers. Barry White died, Luther Vandross had a stroke, now I don't know where Ruben is but I hope he's eatin' a salad right now. The brother is named after a sandwich.

He don't stand a chance! "

I love mad TV, i could never miss that show.

I think Bernie Mack is funny, but David Chappelle ma gaaro.

The episode when the guy divorces his wife because he married a nig.a was really funny.

peace.