galbeedi

Is the world gone mad? Canadian foreign minister greets a run away Saudi teenager.

Recommended Posts

The tit for in foreign policy is getting ugly. It is unthinkable for the chief diplomat of Canada  to go to the airport and welcome a teenage who is running away from her parents.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Canadians have helped others in unusual situations including the Syrian guy that stuck in Kuala-lumpur Airport. That said that Canucks are sticking to the Saudis.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Galbeedi, This was a genuine refugee, assessed by UNHCR, and gov officials from time to time, meet these refugees  at airports, and welcome them,it is not unusual.

Well done to UNHCR and Canada for speedy operation as she would have been another Kashoggi, there will be more asylum seekers from KSA.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Australia also gave her asylum but their processs was not quick enough, Character/health check, would have taken more time, Canada is diff and plans to bring 1 million immigrants in 3  years.

WWW.THEWEEK.CO.UK

Government plans to welcome at least 350,000 new permanent residents every year until 2021

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The little girl denounced Islam and started wearing shorts. Why wouldn't the West jump on her story. In the mean time, thousands of innocent Muslims are being slaughtered in Burma and the West turns the other way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daahir,

 

Afkaaga caano lagu qabay. Ma anigan garan geela doofaarku laayey.

I just googled another Saudi sisters who are resettled in Montreal. They said , "Their parents had forced them to pray and fast the month of Ramadaan. Didn't we all teach our children our faith and values.

While Canada is a great country that had welcomed refugees, asylees and others who were escaping wars, these preferential treatment of the Saudi teenager raises some questions.

Now, everyone that denounces Islam would be a good candidate for asylum. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand Saudi system of closed society creates a lot of hypocrisy and force feeding of people. Some twenty years ago, A Somali scholar who was teaching in Saudi Arabia explained to an audience the hypocrisy of the system. 

He said, the Muslim women in the west wear the Hijab by their choice and freedom unlike most Saudis. He said when the airplane took of from Jeddah airport a large number of the women made a line up to the bathroom. Suddenly many of the young women came out of the bathroom wearing jeans and without Hijaab. He realized that  he Saudi society has double faces because of the governments harsh enforcement of people's freedom.

He said more than 35% of the women are not married due to family restrictions. We might be surprised but the Saudi society is really rooten from the inside because of the feudal system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Australia also gave her asylum but their processs was not quick enough, Character/health check, would have taken more time, Canada is diff and plans to bring 1 million immigrants in 3  years.

WWW.THEWEEK.CO.UK

Government plans to welcome at least 350,000 new permanent residents every year until 2021

 

Where to apply though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canada is mostly irrelavant internationally so this is a bit of spotlight for them. Plus they are in a diplomatic tussle with the kingdom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, galbeedi said:

On the other hand Saudi system of closed society creates a lot of hypocrisy and force feeding of people.

When the Muslim people abandon the Quran and instead relay on Chinese whisper aka hadith for religious law and doctrine this is what you end up with. Everyone in KSA, Somalia, Pakistan, and many other "Islamic" countries know that if they renounce Islam openly they would be put to death thanks to the books of one Central Asian guy called Bukhaari and his fellow writers of that era. Instead if we followed Allah's law which decreed that there is no compulsion in religion then non of this enforced hypocrisy would exist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tallaabo said:

When the Muslim people abandon the Quran and instead relay on Chinese whisper aka hadith for religious law and doctrine this is what you end up with. Everyone in KSA, Somalia, Pakistan, and many other "Islamic" countries know that if they renounce Islam openly they would be put to death thanks to the books of one Central Asian guy called Bukhaari and his fellow writers of that era. Instead if we followed Allah's law which decreed that there is no compulsion in religion then non of this enforced hypocrisy would exist. 

Quraanka iyo xadiithka wey Isla socdaan you don't pick one and leave the other secondly bukhaari iyo saxiixul muslimka xadiith yada Ku qoran waa saxiix waa hadalkii rasuulkeena (slcwslm).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now