Sign in to follow this  
Quite -Storm

Football Tournament in Toronto Turned Into Somaliland V Somalia Battle....

Kool_Kat   

Meeshaan ooyinta orgiga ka weyn aa socoto ee bal aan iska aamuso...

Whether UN is impressed or not, I really don't care...But what I care about, is ppl hating on us, Somalis...Specially, when you are a Somali...N'way N_Star always degrade themselves, and say things like ohh all other Somalis are against us because we are SomaliLanders...They are a bunch of cry babies...They always think they have to prove something, rather than playing the game with passion and for fun...It is just a game, get over it...If your flag got booed, so what...Let it go, baby...It simply means, Somalis like to stand together when they see someone who's trying to separate them, that's all...Ain't nothing more to it...

Somali, Somaliland, Somali this, Somali that...Who cares...In the eyes of All Mighty Allah, we are all the same...

Be Proud of who you are...As for me, I am one PROUD SOMALI SISTAH...

One by one we fell, but together we achieve...I hope this makes sense to you...I don't see what you have to be proud of, if your next door brother or sister (SOMali), who has the same color, religion, culture as you, is suffering...War dad nimadii inteey ka aaday dadkaan...uff...

LANDER   

I hear the Northern Stars are good in the UK league too. Funny thang about this finals is that apparently their wasn't much hate until the North Stars scored the first goal. What ever happened to sportsmanship? Either way, 2-0 North Stars. Need I say more?

Quiet Storm,

I'm glad to see your nationalistic side has surfaced, its unfortunate it took a bunch of sore-loosers to bring it out. A word of advice sahiib, as some wisemen by the name of "youngbloodz" once said, "Shake 'em off" shake them haters off. :D If you gonna rep Somaliland, you gonna have to get used to it.

Baaniyal   

loool@Lander,you said a mouthfull soldier. It was the same story two years ago,haters just kept on hating. Even when they were presented with their championship medals,boos surrounded the stadium. I wonder how much boos would have been filtered if the same individual ran across with the Djiboutian flag,they are still somali,right?

But i must say,this drama reminds of the heated occasion when USA plays Iran in any sport. Very enjoyable. In the end as long as we all arrive home safely,then it's all gravy.

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

Walaal Quit Storm

Subhanalaah this is very sad & heartbreaking to see our people behaving this way even the educated ones, over what a useless soccer game. What a childish act, for god sake get your acts together. Stop tribalism & support Islamism, for one’s obey Islam rather than qabiil. Sooner or later we will leave this earth our tribe is not going to save us, but our deeds will.

but what made me post this topic is the way some southern people diss Somalilanders and pretend that nothing happened back in the civil war, thousands of people have been killed and many have been buried alive or shot to death by our Muslim brothers from south, now put yourself in my shoes what would you have done?

Truly our heart is infected & making us practice tribalism, to over come this problem don’t judge people because of their tribe judge them because of their individual behavior. What one man did do not represent a whole nation, if u r angry about what is done a decade ago be angry at him not to all nation, and learn how to forgive, cuz Allah subhana wata’ala forgives ppl. No need to come here & take ur anger to all of us, learn how to direct your anger to the individual causer. Besides not only a Somaliland’s were effected by the war, it effected all of us we all lost our close relative members or immediate families. (siyad bare) didn’t give dam about anyone he was dictator who was after one thing leadership. Don’t make it seem the whole Somalis were against Somaliland, not at all.

we have been tortured and I am not talking about Qabil here we are talking about the people of Somalia back then (North Somalia) just put yourself in my shoes for 1 min and answer me …..would you go back to the old regime and pretend like nothing happened …or would you rather have your own government and be proud of it……what I am trying to say is that what happened back then is what lead to separation and civil war

I am 50% somalilander myself I truly love them & want what is best for them, but digging the buried pain isn’t going to solve anything, my family were effected during this war too. Honestly I don’t see distancing others would heal the wound, the only way to over come this corruption is if all Somalis unite and together learn how to treat their wound. Separation won’t solve anything it will only increase hate & anger. Looking at my family is really hard for most of them to forgive but we getting their, and I hope u do the same. Ilahay qeyrka hana waafajiyo (Amin).

Blessed   

^^^^ well said walaalo.

First, they politicised bussineses now its football :eek: :rolleyes: This needs to stop man, its getting on my last ****

Somalis (landers included) in the qurbo seem to be walking backwords.... 'cago boodhleys' 9those who booed and those who got mad about etc) always have the tendency of sensationalising things. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Half of them don't even speak Somali ... i suggest they go back home and learn how to live with ppl other then your tribes. Hell, come to North London and we'll teach ya (in English too)

So Quiet Storm,

Why are you repeating what you saw at the game here? You are pretty much cussing out the whole southern part of the country and waving your flag here just like they did at the game! How are your actions here better than theirs?

Personally, I'm politically neutral. Being a southerner, I was deeply offended that you just categorized most of us with Afwayne and his wrong doings!! He targeted our people too..along with other major tribes .. HE EVEN KILLED PEOPLE FROM HIS OWN DAMN TRIBE (what does that say about him) So why cuss out everyone else in Somalia because of this tyrant?

Sounds rather ignorent to me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PS: Uhmmm..Somaliland isn't a country yet! I'm aware that they are seeking recognition...but it's not official! (Didn't say that to offend you..just dropping known facts)

Disclaimer: If I'm wrong ...then I must've missed the memo and for that I apologize!!!! smile.gifsmile.gif

Rahima   

Amazing walaahi, Somalis continue to amaze me by the day!

Even at a measly soccer match they manage to create a qabiil problem (because that is what it is Quiet Storm). :mad:

As a non-Somali Lander I too was extremely offended that you put me in a group with Siad Barre. What’s even worse is how people never seem to get over the past. What’s done is done, it’s over!

Yes what happened was terrible.

And yes it was inhumane.

However, it’s in the past, it’s time we looked to the future and learnt from the past. I’m sick and tired of people crying about what Siad Barre did walaahi, he is dead, gone, and he is now facing Allah.

People continue to complain about him, but the sad thing is they allow for him to continue haunting them.

And please, don’t even try and say my family and I were not affected. My adeer was killed thanks to the regime, my abti was forced to leave the country and flee for his life thanks to the regime (even before the late 80’s massacres), my mother was persecuted on numerous occasions and jailed for a short period of time (Islamic reasons) by the regime and worst of all my own father was smuggled out of the country for he was wanted by the regime (therefore loosing many years of my childhood with him). Aside from this, if we speak of tribes targeted by him, then mine was persecuted in Mudug in the 70s.

But even after all this, I still see Siad Barre as an individual. I make a distinction between him and those that might share a tribe (or a region) with him. In fact if he has a brother who is a decent person (my knowledge of Somali politics is limited), then I would see him as different to his brother. Blood maybe thicker than water, but creed is thicker than blood. ;)

I have nothing against Somaliland (in fact I support it- although going to see my father’s side of the family in Boorama would mean going to another country :( ). The way I see it is, why force a people to stay when they don’t want to? I say each to their own and may Allah be with you.

However, enough with the Siad Barre, “we we’re persecuted” argument. Many were persecuted. Just say you wish to have your own country (no biggie, you have a right). smile.gif

If I have offended anyone, my apologies, it was not my intention.

smile.gif

These kind of topics always have the tendecy to turn into a free-fall qabiil bash. Its why I dont post anything that has Somali/Somaliland on it.

When I posted this topic my first thoughts was that I was gone be swore at and booed at, but back of my head there was a feeling pounding with question like how the people gone react to this matter and how they write their views and I must say that I am really happy to see that some of you are positively thinking and answering my replies, everyone thinks its right in their on way, what’s right for someone might be wrong and vice versa, we all need guideness sometimes and if someone is wrong then its your duty to correct them as a Muslim and not to criticize him for what he believes, we all have different opinion and views about particular matter and we can’t always agree and disagree, its in our nature as a human beings.

I said this before and I am strongly condemning bringing of Qabil in here, I do not tolerate it nor do I support the use of Qabil period, but what I am trying to say and I have said this before many times in my reply that my posting is not about All of southern people, its about how I feel about some minority that disrespect Somaliland and make fun of it, all I am saying is that please respect my people and stop talking about Somaliland and its values.

That’s all I ask you guys, just a little respect for my people, it’s not my fault if the majority of Somaliland felt the need to separate from Somalia, walahi there is nothing better then being united and be as one, but the fact of the matter is that Somalilnders don’t won’t to make crucial mistakes and regret it later.

And the other reason why Somaliland wont to break away from Somalia is that there is no effective government there, there is fighting going on till this day and warlords are controlling the major cities, who in their right mind would join a non stable government, I wouldn’t.

Originally posted by Princess_Sexy

Do you want a standing ovation for being proud of your country...well your not getting one from me

Walal I am always polite and courteous, I am not a politician and I did not come here to show off or hate anyone, hating is a disease and it can lead to destruction and loss of values, Allah forgive me if I am wrong and ask Allah to punish me if my intention is to cause choes and mayhem here all I wanted to say here that what I saw there in the stadium was wrong and I just point it out, is that a crime if I expressed my feelings in a natural way, you don’t know how I feel and what I think, only Allah knows what’s best and please don’t be judgmental and be positive and please correct me If I am wrong but don’t critisize .

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Hoo canbuuladaana ku darso. Don't tell me Soomaalilanders don't eat canbuulo either.

LooooL man you made me laugh brothaaa

It was a joke man, besides the Rare Bidaye of Somaliland eat Meet and drink milk….and for the canbuulo, we don’t call it that , we call it Deger……..

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

And you guys have won--what would have happened if you had lost??? Calanka baluuga waala jeex jeexi lahaa ma'ahoo?

LoooooL man we don’t destroy flags, that flag represent Somalia and it’s a nice flag(This bit have been edited)..what I meant to say was ...this flag is so nice and destrying it will be bad ………naaa it’s not our thing we believe in democracy and we respect others values.

LANDER

Saxib I have always been nationalistic about My birth place, although I have not seen it ever since I left when I was 5 yrs old but I always knew that I was proud to be from there……and believe me I don’t have to shake any one for my message to get through.

Rahima

Originally posted by Rahima:

[QB] Amazing walaahi, Somalis continue to amaze me by the day!

Even at a measly soccer match they manage to create a qabiil problem (because that is what it is Quiet Storm)

Walal don’t put words into my mouth, I did not mention any Qabil, why you associating Qabil with Somaliland.

Please don’t twist my arm….say what you want to say but don’t mention the word Qabil in here cause this will make the matter more hostile then its.

Originally posted by Rahima:

However, it’s in the past, it’s time we looked to the future and learnt from the past. I’m sick and tired of people crying about what Siad Barre did walaahi, he is dead, gone, and he is now facing Allah.

We are looking in to the future and that’s why we have a country and a future and only Allah can judge us.

Originally posted by Opinionated

Why are you repeating what you saw at the game here? You are pretty much cussing out the whole southern part of the country and waving your flag here just like they did at the game! How are your actions here better than theirs?

Waaaw man stop this nonsense, I’m not cussing all southerns, read my post man, I said some of the southerns

Originally posted by Opinionated

PS: Uhmmm..Somaliland isn't a country yet! I'm aware that they are seeking recognition...but it's not official! (Didn't say that to offend you..just dropping known

facts)

No you did not offended me, you just showed me your ignorance…..please do this exercise ….open Microsoft word and …Type Somaliland………..then do a spell check, what do you get………answer back please.

See what i mean? Topics like these, almost always evolve into some QABIIL, REGIONAL contest. Wether its Somaliland, Puntland, or proper Somalia. Quit Storm, and everyone else you all have grievances (and so 90% of the world) its not really worth telling it, and retelling it evry opportunity. Everyone has their own grievances, so lets all be reasonable, and drop this blaming, or telling others they were responsible for things.

Quiet Storm,

First, I said Somaliland is not a country YET! do not sit there and tell me it is without proper sources!!!! and please do NOT call me ignorent cus I can tell the difference between reality and fiction!!!

Second, read my disclaimer!!

Third, yes you have offended me when you made general comments about the South!!

Fourth, If Somaliland wants to break off for reasons, walahi I don't care about it! In fact, I believe in doing whats best for a region and if thats breaking off, well That's something politicians have to deal with. However, I have seen my somaliland people come on the net, bragging about their land as if its better than the rest of Somalia and belittling others, me included. And that's not cool at all!!

Get your facts straight Quiet Storm, cuz you sure are pissing alot of people off!

Senora   

I wanted to say here that what I saw there in the stadium was wrong and I just point it out, is that a crime if I expressed my feelings in a natural way

But you did'nt....just try this, put your feelings aside, and re-read your post again...do you see how arrogant it sounds...

I did not come here to show off or hate anyone

Those may not have been your intentions, but you did sound like you were showing off.....you emphasized on all the parts about how the North Star waved around their somali flag...stooping down to the ATl guys level....Look, i know those guys your talking about, and they can be some jerks sometimes, i dont know what happened the day of the game, but i had my cousins calling me telling me the details, and from what it sounds like, both of the teams are at fault here

and please don’t be judgmental and be positive and please correct me If I am wrong but don’t critisize .

I am not in any way judging you...cause quite frankly i cant form an opinion of you just based on this thread...but i will tell you that you were very offensive to those from the South...and as for me, being from Somaliland...your behavior right now( and which i might add is not uncommon based on my family members who act the same way you do), is both sickening and embarrassing

Raxmah   

I wish we could all be one ummah, and forget about qabil, its destroying our country yet we still are fighting over it's useless and in inhumane.

This by all means nothing will it change...everyone will be nationlist of their sub-clan and detest whats isnt to their liking. We can either prolong this foolishness or come to terms and respect one another. We done said it over and over again how this nonesense will not be benefitical and yet although we recognize that fact we still stumble ovah the same thing....

After so long walaahi you wonder,,,whats the point..somalis will always be hatred of one another and sadly even though i did like to detest against that...i see it no other way..that changes will not happen until we come to terms of anotha in the sense of islamiania...union under the name of allah and all shall hatred n disbelieve will disappear....

SO PLEASE I ASK OF YOU TO BE RESPECTFUL OF YOUR PEOPLE..BAD MOUTHIN AND ALL WILL NO JUSTICE TO NO ONE..

WITH THAT SAID ...THIS IS MY ULTIMATE LAST POSTING UNDER ANY WHAT SO EVER POLITICAL VIEWS THRED

I DID RATHER NOT READ WHATS TO COME N HAVE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT THAT MY SOMALI PEOPLE WILL FORLONG THIS AND HOPEFULLY HAVE SOME CHANGES COME TO ABOUT THEN READING THE NONESENSE WHICH I HAVE READ PAST COUPLE OF DAYS AND FEEL ASHAMED..SADDEN N QUIT PISTED ...THE EQUAL LANDER IS NO OTHER THEN ALLAH...LET HE BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EQUATION...N BOTH SIDES WILL BALANCE.

WUN