Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Who lives in Maakhir?

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

^I don't know how to capture that in Somali but I'ma try it. You ain't got no Maakhir business up in here Negro.

LOOOOOOOL...Wax waalan...Too bad you can't do it in French...Afte all, that's his mother tongue dee...

Paragon   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

When did this Maakhir 'thing' come into existance?

Wah. War shadhab baan ku iri adna. Go do your Wiki-homework and read about it woman :D .

Mercus, lol. You don't get my Maakhirian, eh? Why do I get the feeling that there is little you get 'cept if its in video mode :D .

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Muqdisho
:D

I have no interest in some remote region where my ancestors used to live once upon a time, where even my parents never lived, unlike some ppl on this forum...

Cadi Camal waa kuu kasaya ee,you come from the shittiest remotest village in Somali. Perhaps,say,Dhuuso-shuban? L0L :D

Maakhir,

Adam, Let me honestly give you the feedback you want.

From Erigavo to Bosaaso is where the Somali Maakhirians principally live, but they are as well all over the world. :D

Pictures of Maakhir State

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/8843

Little info

The northern Somali oil-rich autonomous region of Maakhir declared its independence on 1 July 2007. Like neighbouring Puntland -- the stronghold of President Youssef -- it is an economically thriving region with standards of living much higher than the average for Somalia as a whole -- per capita income is $1,600 in Puntland, compared with $600 in the rest of Somalia. Remittances from overseas Somalis are also helping to rebuild the northern autonomous regions of Puntland and Maakhir. Brisk trade with Gulf Arab countries has contributed to rapid economic growth in the northern parts of the country.

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2007/859/re63.htm

Som@li   

it is an economically thriving region with standards of living much higher than the average for Somalia as a whole

One should try hard to get close to this "rich State" before it is too late, and to, Serenity , before asking questions abt Maakhir, it is time u should look for a Maakhiri prince :D

Hunguri   
smile.gif Jacaylbro, qosol-kaasi ma kii wanaaga ahaa baa. Thanks Koora. I will post the pics of Laasqoray port conference in Dubai on 20th of March 2008 thursday night smile.gif . The conference will be held in Land Mark Hotel Dubai. Wait for the pictures some where next week.

Originally posted by Isseh:

quote:Originally posted by -Serenity-:

When did this Maakhir 'thing' come into existance?

Wah. War shadhab baan ku iri adna. Go do your Wiki-homework and read about it woman
:D

So you think Wikipedia is a reliable source of information hada miyaa? LOL!

No wonder you blv in this Maakhir 'thing'.

And MMA, thanks for the advice. I like to rub shoulders with the rich folk (even if they belong to newly imagined states ;) )

Zafir   

<-flips a coin in the air, looks Serenity right in the eyes and says "Call it, Friendo" :mad: :mad:

Serenity, Maakhir is real just like Somalia is real. If you believe in Somalia, believe in Maakhr for it is not different from Somalia.

Wikipedia is great source of information. It was ranked ahead of Britannica Encyclopedia, if you don't know that.

Fabregas   

Somalis become confused after the civil war, so they created new names like: makhir, jubbaland, Buntland, darwishland".... Why don't they say North Somalia or North Eastern Somalia?

800px-Flag_of_Maakhir.svg.png[/

Supposedly this is the flag of Makhir: nuff said!

MZanzi   

Maakhir ma xaafadba misa Gobol somaliyed oo gooni goosad noqday

wacadale inaan wali maqal

mardhowna waxaanu sugeyna ..Dhuuso-mareebLand

2007 independence aaba la qaatay isii daangada