Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Animal sacrifice, the ritual

Johnny B   

Simple Khayr,

You think the 'real' question is if the Animal = the Human, my answer is i don't know, becouse in Mathematical terms. '=' means equal in value, while you may have meant it equal as in beeings, like both beeing mamals.

And if we switch places for them in this ritual of sacrificing for the Gods, i don't think we could call it a ritual as for that we'd need to take an Animal perspective.

So to answer you more coherently,maybe we need to revisit your question.

What did you mean by '=', and why do you think it is the 'real' question that should be asked?

Cabdow   

FYI; Eid al-Adha, or the Feast of Sacrifice, commemorates the prophet Abraham's willingness to obey Allah by sacrificing his son Ishmael. According to the Qu'ran, just before Abraham sacrificed his son, Allah replaced Ishmael with a ram, thus sparing his life.

The festival is celebrated by sacrificing a lamb or other animal and distributing the meat to relatives, friends, and the poor. The sacrifice symbolizes obedience to Allah and its distribution to others is an expression of generosity, one of the five pillars of Islam.

P.s: **Off Topic** I don't mean to offend you in any way and you probably already know what i'm about to say, but just had to get it off my chest (for brotherly love nooh;) We will be approaching the blessed month of Ramadan in two days, why don't you take advantage and submit @johnny. May Allah give you/us hadayah, Amin!!

"Trully, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the straight path." (Ch.3 V.51)

Sophist   

^ what Lord he will ask you Canjeexoow.

Johny, dear lad you are still in the dark I see. I take it the following Aya suffice 'InaLaaha Laa yahahdiil qamudaalimiin' It is frivolous to engage such a fruitless discussions with Johny. Dear lad as someone who is disbeliever in Allah or for that matter Abrahamic creator should not debate the furuucu shareeca (though I know why you have posed the question) You should debate the bigger issue, asking such silly questions because your delusions points to you the irrationality of the act; don't try to pull Hitchens on us lad- this crowd is well versed in that art.

Sophist

PS: Ramadan Kareem yaa Ikhwaanii.

N.O.R.F   

^^Ramdan Kariim

'Lakum diinukum wal yadiin' dhe

Still, makes you wonder just what frame of mind JB was in when he made THAT decision. Going by his ill-informed threads I would say he was short changed by a bob or two.

Originally posted by Canjeex:

P.s: **Off Topic** I don't mean to offend you in any way and you probably already know what i'm about to say, but just had to get it off my chest (for brotherly love nooh;) We will be approaching the blessed month of Ramadan in two days, why don't you take advantage and submit @johnny. May Allah give you/us hadayah, Amin!!

quote:

"Trully, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the straight path." (Ch.3 V.51)

Canjeex, what could possibly be offensive about what you said ? ... even if Johnny does not believe there is a god or a hereafter your attempt could only be seen as brotherly concern towards him by pointing him towards the path of redemption.

ps: you obviously havent been to a tabliq boot camp :D

there are numerous threads of debate between brother Nur and JohnnyB and Northerner and Johnny marka intaas waxkuma dari karo ... ilaahay ha soo hadeeyo aan ka ahayn.

Cabdow   

^ Gj, i hear what you saying bro. Nonetheless, we still have to be considerate or better yet diplomatic on how we deliver them the message. In any case, no matter what we say to 'NAY SAYERS' or do, at the end of the day waxay kusoo biya shuban this Aayah in the holy Quran. Where Allah said while addressing the prophet (pbuh)...

"You cannot guide the ones you love. GOD is the only One who guides in accordance with His will, and in accordance with His knowledge of those who deserve the guidance." (28:56)

May Allah guide him/us to the straight path and give us more towfiiq IA'....Amin

:D @tabliq boot camp... It's been awhile since i've been on Khuruuj sxb, maybe it's due time to sharpen-up my dacwa skills smile.gif

Ramadan Kariim!!

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

... wouldent giving away the price of say the ram to the poor, both save the life of many animals and give the poor more choices than just eat this meat?.

How do you know the poor will not buy two rabbits and a turkey with the money? Maybe the poor should have vegetables instead? Hang on, do plants have life? What if the poor were given vouchers to health farms or holidays instead? Why not go all the way and scale down Hajj itself and let country build local "Hajj theme parks" to reduce carbon footprint? You can even kill two vegetables with one stone (no puns) if the poor can use their vouchers on their local Hajj theme park! smile.gif

On the serious note, Muslims celebrate two Eids (Fitra and Adxaa). The Eid you're talking about is four months away and is when Muslims are celebrating the end of annual pilgrimage to the holy land. This coming Eid - at the end of fasting holy month of Ramadan - is when Muslims pay Fitra (food or money) to the poorest in the community so they may celebrate as well. If someone does slaughter an animal to celebrate Eid Fitra, it's traditional to give a third to the neighbours and another third to the poorest among us. Muslims also do pay alms (Zakah) and other forms of charity to help the needy. It all fits in perfectly if you can see the big picture.