Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Call someone in GAZA

Ibtisam   

One of the latest campaigns that is going on is call someone in Gaza. There is a network black out in GAZA with the local TV stations taken over and just showing threatening messages. The phones are still working, call them, offer them your condolences, express your distress and sympathy. When something bad happens to your Muslim brother least you can do is call them and make dua for them.

0097082 and i added 3 random numbers at the end..

[cheap dialing lol-09112190190 then type the number above]

An 40-50 yr old lady picked up..such a dead depressed voice..she could hardly speak..she said she could hear the planes over her as i spoke..and sounded like she had no hope in us..they have no electricity[even though the phone worked, so i assume no TV] so they cannot see our support..i swore to her that we are doing everything in our hand..she said theres one thing i ask u..its to pray for us.

One thing that really hit hard was her strength when she said "ni7na mish khayfeen..ni7na samdeen" basicly "we arent afraid..we are standing strong".

Please do the same..u might put a slight bit of happiness or hope in their heart..this lady sounded like she was waiting for death..she could hear death flying above her as i spoke..thats the thing they are all waiting for death..God help them :'(

Take Care, and circulate so we can keep calling and support them.

Please, for those of you cynical people, ignore the campaigns, no has the energy to argue with you or convince you, if you don't want to do it, don't. :cool:

P.s. There is a facebook group where you can read the responses other people got, those of you on list can already see it. otherwise search it; "call someone in Gaza"

Why dont you call burco? btw i saw a clip of you on desi dna! surprisingly despite all the times you mock me! you were adovacating democracy and political participation? IBZ supports MPACUK and is in the higher echelon of its membership!!

Any one wanna see the infamous clip?

i think you missed the bigger picture IBZ! read again! better yet i will rewrite the message!

''i saw a clip of you on desi dna! surprisingly despite all the times you mock me! you were adovacating democracy and political participation? IBZ supports MPACUK and is in the higher echelon of its membership!!

Any one wanna see the infamous clip?''

Ibtisam   

Marx there are various clips floating about the internet of me, I did four documentaries, as well as various media request. As you now know who I am, I am sure you will come across them now and again. Personally I have full recordings in my house, so no I don't want to see what clip you found.

Can you stop hijacking this thread please.

P.s. I don't expect you share my private identity with other people by posting things I do under my own identity. Ibtisam has nothing to do with my work.

NGONGE   

Did you know the Palestinians get calls from the IDF telling them they're going to get blown any minute now? Did you know they receive calls threatening them about harbouring 'terrorists' and asking them to leave their homes within a set time or else they'll get bombed? Did you know they get told that their phones are bugged and that they're all being monitored around the clock? Did you know of the mistrust and paranoia that all this creates? Did you know that neighbours don't trust their own neighbours in case they turn out to be informers?

The last thing these people need is some eager over privileged nincompoop phoning them to say the meagre and quite patronising words of I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

Leave them be and don't engage their phones. Half of their relatives from all over the world are probably trying to get in touch with them whilst some foolish kid is hogging the line to make himself/herself feel better. :mad:

Go make duca or something. At least it'll stop you from making mischief and impulsively acting on every silly idea that "sounded good at the time". :mad:

Ibtisam   

Then it would be a good change for them to hear a friendly voice rather than IDF telling them I am going to blow you up.

In any case, this is a campaign that is going on and has been going on since the bombing started, join or don't, agree or don't. ITs no use shouting at me, I'd only call the ones I know.

P.s. Don't say I feel your pain, because you don't :mad:

Ibtisam   

^^^MPAC thinks this is useless, so is make dua according to them, as is demostrating icon_razz.gif You should know by now, their motto is Political activism.

No this campaign was put together by some of your people, bunch of arab speakers,

NGONGE   

My apologies to MPAC then. I bet their version of protest is much more practical. ;)

I curse the day Facebook was created.

ps

Such fools are not 'my' people.

Ibtisam   

^^More practical yes, but it will take 30-50 years to make a difference, I fear there would be no one left by then. Not all of us have time on our side Ngonge.

I don't make fun of any effort Ngonge, it might work, it might help some people. So let it be, pick one of the many ways, pick one that suits your cynical self, just pick something.

P.s. Your people have this great idea of also completing the Quran for Gaza, I was e-mailed and txt to take part in everyone reading Quran for Gaza. I did'nt bother telling them that it does not work like that, I just said I'd pass this one redface.gif

Blessed   

I hate say this but I agree with NG. redface.gif It's not a great idea, not really helpful at all. I can just imagine them telling each other that they got a call from a random stranger and trying to workout their motives. They could do with out the stress.

There a desperate need for donations of food, cloths.. money etc. That will make a difference. And as she said, make Duaa.