Sign in to follow this  
Lake Da agony

So this is out of curiosity..where is the biggest somali population outside of.......

nuune   

when we say, the biggest Somali population out of Somalia, ammmmmm, that would be in Ethiopia, then Kenya, then USA, UK,, we are talking about somalis outside of Somalia and we are not talking about somalis being colonised by Ethiopia(the somali-region) or kenya(NFD).

so that is my cent, maybe someone would disagree with me, waiting lool

nuune   

SXB TUUJIYE, I don't think that Uk has more somali population than USA, ammmm where r the UK fellas and amerikaanoos, come'on.

BN   
The answer, if one were speaking of the west, I believe it would be Canada; in Toronto and Ottawa alone there are 100,000 and 20,000 Somalis, respectively.

raula   

Its not rocket science; even though I live in NOMAD/MALI MAYHEM :D I say KENYA has the most population of somalis outside their original quarters :D

Xoogsade   

I don't know why but I associate the word "Canada" with "Hunger" and "Baagamuundo". Wax calaacalaayo lee ka imaado.

As for the topic, I think Ethiopia then Kenya, UK, Canada, USA.

PS: Dadka waa sii qaxaan markey America yimaaddaan, so i think in Uk la isugu shubtey LOL.

UK has allot of Somali's. I belive its around 250,000.

There are Somali's in London, nearly every Borough has a sizable community, even though they chose to live in the worst ones. Hey thats another story.

Burmingham, Shefield, Manchester, Bristol, Lesceter. Wales and now there are even some in Scorland and Northern Ireland.

Another important point here is that most of this population are under the age of 15. So in a decade or so it could more than double.

Emperor   

I must second raula on her thought, Simply Kenya has the highest somali population outside Somalia, only Nairobi and Mombasa live an incredible unacountable (Because of their illegal movement) number of skinnies let alone the many refugee camps that Somalis dwell in Kenya , which some(or many of you) spent sometime during the 90's.

Qac Qaac   

I don't know why but I associate the word "Canada" with "Hunger" and "Baagamuundo". Wax calaacalaayo lee ka imaado.

ilaahoow flight 13, in Minnisota yuu na ceen..

I think USA.. has the most..

Minnisota

Ohio

verginia

san diago

Maine

and various places like chigaco new york, dallas. and etc

Xoogsade   

lool Qacda, flight thirteen waa maqlaa lee, goormee imaadeen iyaga?

besides, bro, dadka nala joogo nuskood dhinacaasey ka imaadeen iyagoo shaqo raadis eh. Waa fiican tahay sidaas because shaqaa loo soo safrey ama wax barasho in any case. I welcome them too. Iyagaana meesha sawir mugdi ah iga siiyey. Consequently, Canada wexey ila noqotey meelaan shaqo laga helin ama wax progress ah laga gaari karin. Ceyr, Riwaayad iyo Tumasho lee. Ciyaal biidoo dhanna waa joogaan. Macalimiintii xamar lol. Tuujiye horta Canada maku nooloo asagana? Kaas camalaa meesha ku badan. lol. He could be driving a VAN to pickup girls and take them to weddings. The best job ever for him lol.

And I thought you lived in London?? Whatever happened? ama anaa qalad u qaatey?

Laba-X   

We cannot be sure but depending on a rough estimation and being a London resident myself, i would say the United Kingdom. The states may have more Somalis, but they seem to be scattered here and there so an appropriate estimation wouldn't be possible.

Coloow   

Kenya?????????

With all respect to Raula(!), the somalis in the NFD and Western somalia don't live in Kenya or Ethiopia. They live in their own "country". It is insulting to say somalis in Mandera or Harar live in kenya or ethiopia. If anything, these two countries colonize somali territories.

The largest somalis outside somalia live in the two colonized territories of NFD and Western somalia. Djibouti, an independent somali state also is home to approximately 400 000 somalis.

The figures for somalis in the diaspora vary and are disputable:

The United states airlifted approximately 120 000 as part of their resettlement project.

Canada has nearly 200 000 somalis.

Saudi Arabia has also a substantial number of somalis.

The UK has the largest number of somalis in Europe (I saw a figure of 20 000 somalis in london).

Sweden is home to nearly 30 000 somalis (24 thousand from somalia, and 6 000 from western somalia).

When it comes to which cities has the largest number of somalis, it has to be either Toronto or London, with MN and Jeddah coming second best.