Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Opinionated men......

Paragon, you know I’d applaud you had your come back not reeked of desperation, I mean fish and chips girl? Come on now that was low even for you- I mean since when did you become a presumptuous git? Think you that I am unable to read Somali (which is basically English) and then dare to insult my intelligence by providing one of the crappiest translations I’ve ever heard/read? LOL So typical of a white girl (I presume) to flower up the nonsensical meaningless ramblings of an egotistical boaster. And you? Shame on you for trying to pass an old Somali song as something ethereal and otherworldly. On a scale of 1-10 how pretentious did you think you came across I wonder? Oh how the mighty hath fallen…

Ps As soon as I read the first line I knew your ruse was up! LOL Seriously where have I heard that song from though? Like a distant memory that first line in particular lingers in my mind but I just can’t place it. Ahh well…senility does come in doses. Either way-next time try to take your head out of you buttocks before you speak, the muffling sounds you’re making really are quite disconcerting. (Grins and unabashedly smacks him over the head) Now down to business….

Shakina –LOL- Hey old people have their moments plus I wouldn’t speak too soon about Paragons youthly virtues if I were you, he reminds me of this 78 year old man who sits by the station where I live, we call him Mr Bus-Stop Bond because every morning he puts on the same old –piss stained tuxedo as if he were 007 himself and proceeds to serenade ladies passing by while managing to also continuously bang his head against the wall of the Bus shelter. He’s quite the ladies man you know-much like our Paragon I’m sure. Ps so you like a bit of fire in your men eh? Hmm…duly noted, infact it doesn’t sound too bad once I phrase it like that. LOL

Chocolate-honey-LOL Fair enough I suppose- but are you truly saying you’d rather have sparkling conversation instead of sexy obedience? I'm shocked by you.... lol

Cynical lady- I was referring to men who are opinionated in general whether they have intelligent things to say or silly things. Just men who don’t generally cower in your presence or at least pretend not to. So what’s your answer now? Still open to having to them speak?

Lieutenant Mr Adeyg- I like your honesty if not your cave-man style- but I’m afraid that such Neolithic tactics will only resort with you receiving a rock between the legs causing you to forever piss through a hole in your stomach. Tread carefully my fellow cave brethren -us mildness, controlling, almost animalistic buffoons are a dying breed, if only you’d sit back and let me be he-man to your skeletor we’d make quite a team. But alas there’s only room enough for one cave man on top and that’s me. (Bangs her hairy chest and tries not to giggle at all the filthy double-meanings that’s unintentionally found their way to my head)

Matalooyin tallantaaliyaan maandhow leeyahay

NIN MAJIIRA KELIYUUN QABSADAY HAY MALAYNINA E'

Marbaan ahay muddeec camal sanoon maagista aqoone

Marna macangag laayaan ahoo miiggan baan ahaye

Marbaan ahay muftiga saahidnimo mawlaca u gala e

Marna makhaawi waashoo qamriga miista baan ahaye

Xaasha Lilaah, my kind of guy except ehem.. the alcohol part ;)

I love old Somali poets but dont know where I can find them. Can you help.

Score: P=+10, Siren= 10.

Xaasidad! Only 10 for me? Your Betrayal shall be well documented for future notice.

Ps What? You not a fan of "Qamriga?" lol I thought it was pronouced Khamriga? (You need that Arabi Kha- khaa (nearly chokes on her own flem and stops)

lol! No, no dear one. Dont want to be on your "bad" side but have you read the poem? The man is manic, he upped the game a tad bit. You called him ehemm.. mellow and he unleashed his duality in a serial killer type of characteristics. So you see I had to give him the +.

Chocolata- LOL I did read it (the Somali I found easier to follow-the translation to me didn't add up-too wordy), But for me? It bore too much masculine indulgence- like the ramblings of a mirqaan Taxi-cab driver whose gotten too big for his boots paradoxical my @ss LOL.

Plus I don't know what kinda poem your speaking of but I could have sworn that this so-called poem was in fact once a song. The first line or two I even found myself singing along too like one does when they hear an old song they haven't heard for a while. I just can't really place it thats all. Still I like my poems to have substance and to have moral little tales like somali nomadic ones tend to. Not that I'm by any means poetically inclined or anything.

Ibtisam   

C&H easy to impress baad taahey dear. The Siren wants him to jump a few high hoops. She can't let him in that lightly. Bit more is expected! :D

Paragon   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

quote:

Matalooyin tallantaaliyaan maandhow leeyahay

NIN MAJIIRA KELIYUUN QABSADAY HAY MALAYNINA E'

Marbaan ahay muddeec camal sanoon maagista aqoone

Marna macangag laayaan ahoo miiggan baan ahaye

Marbaan ahay muftiga saahidnimo mawlaca u gala e

Marna makhaawi waashoo qamriga miista baan ahaye

Xaasha Lilaah, my kind of guy except ehem.. the alcohol part
;)

I love old Somali poets but dont know where I can find them. Can you help.

Score: P=+10, Siren= 10.
C&H, thanks. Oh it would be pleasure to be of some help. This particular poem of Qaasim, you might find it (and thousands of others) in www.doollo.com and are available in audio and sometimes text.

Other websites include www.aftahan.com , www.golkhatumo.com , www.hoygasuugaanta.c om , and if you want to purchase books on suugaanta hiddaha iyo dhaqanka www.redsea-online.co m would be the place to visit.

PS: The poem I quoted is actually one of the best known and mostly translated Somali poem. I think you can get it. There are three versions of English translation available: one by the above translater, the other (the best so far) by her husband aka Dr. Guush, and one by Martin Owen of SOAS. There is a wider discussion paper by Owen that explains a great deal of the poem. Apparently Qaasim ayaa niman si xujo ah u weeydiiyeen, 'Waar Qaasimoow, ku qaran weeynaye, bal maxaad ahayd'. And thus he recited this poem. The al-chohol part is used figuratively .

As for Siren, it's a poem borrowed by C. Dhuule then by Mooge and others. The poem is a favourite of literature and music lovers. It extends the boundaries, beyond the pale. smile.gif