Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

No such thing as a Swiss Muslim: A Muslim's perspective on banning the Minaret

^Now you are just retreating.

P.S. Islam is the supreme law and the Kingdom professes itself to obey that law hence there should be no objection to building churches/temples the land of the Suad.

Haatu   

^^ Retreating no!! :D

PS: We all know that it isn't the most "liberal" country in the world and it never claimed to be "liberal" so there's no need to allow such things.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

P.S. Islam is the supreme law and the Kingdom professes itself to obey that law hence there should be no objection to building churches/temples the land of the Suad.

According to who's interpretation? It's not a black and white issue.

^What's your interpetation?

I think Islam only objects to pagan religion as such Hindiusm and Budhuism, but the people of the book are allowed to worship freely in their sancturies.

Haatu...Cultures are not static, maybe the Swiss are becoming conservative.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

North and the Point: You are both being short sighted although you both think that waad naga ihdo dheertihin!!

The point is not that society is becoming more hostile to anything resembling Islam, it is that we have increased in numbers and more visible as a community within these societies in the last 10-20 years, but we have failed to educate our host communities about who or what we are or make an impact on the decision making arena. So others have done it for us, and the so called hostility is just fear of the unknown. We cannot say people are hostile to anything Islam- because we failed in our duty to tell them or give them an alternative option. When they ban our ritualize or symbolism in their country, we often react in anger by burning flags and ranting on TV like lunatics or moaning about how unfair it is. This in turn enhances this fear and alien Muslims, but we never build the institutions to defend us logically and in the individuals to occupy the relevant places in society and speak for us. What is the use of having a prayer hall or mosques if you do not have the pillars and insititutions to defend what role it places or stands for in our community.

I'm afraid your theory is not supported by facts. Muslims haven't increased significantly as a percentage of the population in Switzerland in the last 10 years. Why would they be more visible unless their numbers have exploded? There are reported to be 4 mosques already with minarets in Switzerland. Were people more educated about Muslims when they allowed them to build those minarets but now they've suddenly become uneducated in the wake of this vote? I don't think so. The simple fact is there is more hostility and phobia about Muslims and Islam in the wake of 9/11. No amount of education or establishing of community organizations is going to really change that in the short-term.

The other thing is that some societies are more closed off and xenophobic than other socities. In Denmark, Switzerland and Austria - right-wing neo-nazi type parties have been able to get upwards of 20% of the vote but the BNP in Britain barely registers at the polls. Is it because of education? Not really. It is because there is a national ethos that welcomes immigrants and accords them full respect. And doesn't scape goat them for national problems. The Anglo-saxon countries are miles ahead of continental Europe.

I can't imagine anything like this EVER being put up in Canada or the States:

swiss-white-sheep-throwing-out-black-she

ElPunto   

Layzie - I haven't got a clue what it is you're talking about.

Just concisely state why you support this latest move by the Swiss.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^What's your interpetation?

My interpretation is the same as yours however I'm not a scholar. The Saudi interpretation is what is important here and it hasn't changed for nearly 100 years.

Jibreel   

^^

1.People of the book are allowed to worship in their sanctuaries but the people of today are not the people of the book and they do not worship Allah. Instead ,they worship other deities.

2.The book in reference is longer the book they follow.Their Monks have subjected it to tremendous changes.

3.Switzerland or any other country banning or insulting or discriminating all things Islam or anything associated to Islam is not a new thing nor does it carry any weight. We know that they will never accept this religion or its followers unless the followers of this religion (Islam) abandon their religion and be what they ,the oppossed rejecters are.

4.Its not also new that the liberal oriented so called Muslims of today are the front runners of this coalition of anti-Islam.

5.No debate on earth can make this hate towards Muslims and their noble religion disappear. Its not ignorance that drives but rather a deep rooted hate.

6.To sum it all up,the only solution to this problem is none but Lakum Diinikum waliya diin.

Wabillahi Tawfiiq,

Jibreel.

Here is a picture of a mosque minaret

123321-004-9C758C97.jpg

Clearly very different to the one the Swiss used in their campaign:

swiss-poster-minarets.jpg

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Jibreel:

^^

1.People of the book are allowed to worship in their sanctuaries
but
the people of today are not the people of the book and they do not worship Allah. Instead ,they worship other deities.

2.The book in
reference
is longer the book they follow.Their
Monks
have subjected it to tremendous changes.

This is nonsense. Their label of people of the book(and consequent rights)is not conditioned on what we think of their texts. After all the texts have been pretty much the same since the Prophet's time. Trinity etc.

Tuujiye   

lool I didn't want to write anything in here but guys Switzerland is just small Canada lool.. I was in Geneva and Zurich this summer and I didn't see all this that you guys are talking about.. I witnessed a huge number of Muslims and they practiced their faith meelkaste...

I prayed inside a mall in Geneva beside a young morocan lool I felt like being in Canada lol

every country is fighting Islam in such ways but allah told us that this faith belongs to him and it will rise so they could fight much as they like but Allah will win at the end.. all we have to do is better our selves in the deen and worship better so that allah brings blessing on us.... Switzerland is much better then many islamic countries if you ask me....

Wareer Badanaa!!!