Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Let's get materialistic (w. Pictures)

Ok we all know we can get a bit materialistic sometimes (including the purists here), so let's not kid ourselves and let's just give in to the great capitalist machine that is greed:

1. Post ONE picture (preferably small, think about those with slower connections) of the object that you most desire right now.

2. Explain what it is and why it's so great.

3. Give us any reason why you deserve to have it

4. Explain how you will use it to repay humanity if by some miracle you happened to get it the next day.

Here's me.

panasonic_dvx100a_enlarged.gif

2. It's a Panasonic DVX100a. It has the super-magical 24p mode....that's shooting 24 FRAMES PER SECOND guys, it's great, it will make you DV footage look like more like film. I'm sure it's also capable of negotiating world peace, it's just that fantastic.

3. I deserve it because I have done all my course-work last week and I couldn't find a seat on the bus today. I deserve a break!

4. If I get the DVX100a, I'll stop pretending to be punk just to annoy our Somali neighbours for three whole months! Also, I'll smile at old people. More so if they have no teeth.

Now you guys!

dmc-fz30k.jpg

2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30K 8 Megapixel Digital Camera. Its simply the most magnificent camera to capture all those cant miss moments. Powerful. Stable. Accurate. Professional. Beautiful.

3. I had a crappy old one and it broke three months ago. I miss taking pictures of myself, my friends, events and for my blog. :(

4. I'll publish the most amazing ones online for you all to enjoy.

J.Lee   

1. P0019406_750.jpg

2. A Mini Cooper S.. Good Value+comfortable + quick,+ and you can particularly park anywhere (for it quite small) + well equiped + 6 speed transmission + 160 HP ( Thanks to 4 Cylinder-engine)+ great Handling= a friggin' great car and a worthy investment.

3. I just do. I'm having a postively evil year.

4. If and when I do get this car, everybody who has wished for me to disappear from their life, will finally get their wish granted.

Viking   

1. Post ONE picture (preferably small, think about those with slower connections) of the object that you most desire right now.

homepageprojector1.jpg

- 1280*720 resolution

- 3000:1 contrast ratio

So that I can watch the news in big picture :D

4. Explain how you will use it to repay humanity if by some miracle you happened to get it the next day.

What humanity :cool:

Wordette,Good choice it's a smooth little runner too.Small but tough as steel.I learnt to drive in one.

tkt_ba.jpg

2)A all around the world ticket to see my family who all scattered around the globe.

3)I deserve to have it because family is the most precious thing and I believe while we are alive we should all try our best to see&cherish each other as much as we possibly can.

4)I would try to get some volunteer work done in some of the more poorer countries some of my family members reside/work at.Nigeria,Ghana ect....

SeeKer   

Cottesloe%20beach%20house%20with%20sunse

1.Sorry about the size I couldn't help it. :(

2. Its a beach house Duuuh! Private beach/moonlight swims/Sunsets/Sunrise, need I say more :D

3. I deserve it because I always think of others before me so its time for me to be selfish!

4. Repay Humanity? I soooooooooo believe humanity owes me this beach house. :cool:

Intel   

s58_photo4.jpg

this beauty

Principal Dimensions

Length of hull

(bow to aft end of bathing platform inc. gunnnel)

57ft 8in

17.57m

Length overall (inc. gunnel) 58ft 10in 17.92m

Beam (inc. gunnel) 16ft 4.85m

Draught 4ft 7in 1.39m No. of berths 6-10

Height above waterline (inc. arch & light mast) 19ft 10in 6.04m

Transport height: 15ft 10in 4.82m

Dry weight

22 tons

22,353kg

Fuel capacity

600 gals/ 721 US gals

2,727 lts

Water capacity (including calorifier)

222 gals/ 266 US gals

1,008 lts

Engine recommendations (twin) from

1350mhp to 1622mhp

Performance Estimates

2 x Caterpillar 3406E Diesel 811mhp each:

34 Knots

s58_photo8.jpg

i'm a nice bloke

4. Explain how you will use it to repay humanity if by some miracle you happened to get it the next day

take three of SOL's fines sisters for 12 months trip around the world 4_12_6.gif

Sky   

^^^ WARYAA ROKKO HOW MUCH DOES THAT BOAT COST MAN? DAMN THAT BOAT IS WORKING IT.

Fuel capacity

600 gals/ 721 US gals

2,727 lts

Water capacity (including calorifier)

222 gals/ 266 US gals

1,008 lts

GALS? TRUE THAT, THE GIRLS AND ESPECIALLY AMERICAN GIRLS WILL BE ALL ON YOU IF YOU HAVE THIS BOAT.

63825062_560255af98_m.jpg

This MP3 Sunglasses is called Thump. Its a cool Okiyaalo. One less gizmo in the fanny pack.

Because its time for ME-time! I must embrace my own grace. Thank you Dr.Phil.

If I get that Thump tomorrow? Shit, than no more hunger in Africa, believe that.

Baluug   

I was looking all over the internet for a picture of MC Hammer's house, but I couldn't find it, so I guess I shall not participate in this intellectual discussion.

1) p6314068.jpg

Burnthwaite Road, London SW6

£479,950 Freehold

2)

The Estate Agents Blurb reads:

This super two double bedroom period cottage, full of charm and beautifully presented, offers great potential for loft extension, subject to planning permission, an excellent contemporary kitchen and bathroom, and a wonderfully spacious double reception room with stripped wood floors and French doors leading to a pretty patio garden, situated minutes from the shops, restaurants and...

It's a gorgeous house, in an area I am dying to live in. It would only take me 35mins to travel to work from there. However, as you've already surmised, I will have to sell every organ in my body, prostitute all my sisters and become a well-used cocaine mule to even come close to affording the stated price. But those are just details.

3) Why do I deserve to have it? Because I have always wanted to live in Fulham. Because I have wanted my own place since I was 5. Because it would make me ecstatically happy. Because I would finally have something that's mine alone. With my own space (stop sniggering you damn Americans - space is a precious thing in this country), I could finally pretend to be an adult!

4)

I will be incessantly happy, won't I? No one will have to put up with my moody episodes anymore, which should improve their quality of life.

Intel   

Originally posted by Sky:

WARYAA ROKKO HOW MUCH DOES THAT BOAT COST MAN?

only 4.4 mil mate... cheap as chips wouldn't you say..

Look at me being simplistic!

This is what I want...need...

7886_2_lg.jpg

2. Beach House in Dubai. Warm. Reclusive enough yet close to civilization. Muslim country.

3. I deserve it because I'm a good person deep deep deep deep down inside. Also, because I'm spoiled and would be miserable anywhere else.

4. I will negotiate SOL peace from my serene terrace overloking the ocean.

Faheema.   

thefreedomofcash.jpg

2) Money = Power :D

3) I deserve it because I am always giving/lending people money, they think I am made of money :mad:

4) I would Feed the poor and hungry smile.gif