Sign in to follow this  
Chikita

Would you want to adopt a kid?

Chikita   

Thank you everyone for welcoming me and your responses were great. I do know that it is xaaram to give he/she your surname. The reason I decided to post this topic was because it's been one of my desire. I love kids,I would hate to see a child suffer through life when I can help them. I am so glad that a lot of you feel that, and I also understand those who wouldn't adopt a child. But Thank you all for thinking about this topic hard and long to post your opinions. This is a great welcome to SOL.

smile.gif "YOU MUST BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD"

Paragon   

Hey guys you know what!? I personally don't wonna adopt a kid who is not my own. I just cant. But I would be more than happy to support/provide for a child who lives with his parents or some adopting parents. The emotional burden of raising a kid who is not mine is too much for me, after all i am man ;) . Adoption is for women, provision? then thats my field. Emotions make you soft.

WingA   

Rahiima_as-Somaali..

thanx for the info!! much appreciated smile.gif

Tamina..

i'll be looking forward to your links.. smile.gif

personally i love to help out an orphan and if i could give him/her a place to live and bring em up like my own and to the best of mine/wife's ability..

Jamaal-11 after reading the Rewards of such task you still wouldnt provided for the kids or help out??

peez..

Chikita   

Hello since it was suggested to try to bring old topics back i thought i would start with mine. Hopefully the newcomers would add more information or opinions to this. Ta ta

Actually this is something I’ve always thought of...i don’t see myself giving birth(i know it's not good to say that)...the whole concept scares the living daylights out of me...this is my phobia...I recall once fainting back in school while watching an abortion video :eek: ..u think I can put up with BIRTH???..God bless all the courageous sistas out there..it takes balls!

ilahey ha idiin sahlooo ( amiin dhahaa)..back to the topic..and I would definitely consider adopting a child...

i would open up an orphanage and adopt all the neglected kids of the wrold,,,,,,

well all those under the age of 7, over 7 u cant really form a bond with, and they aint gonna listen, their lifes been ruined and u cant really change them much. Under 7, u can still influence them and form a bond with them, u cant prevent them going through hard times and u can make a difference

i would adopt them all......give me yours if u fed up!!!

Adna   

Salaama calaykum,,

I personally think kids are so adorable but some times they are very anoyed, i beleive your own kid is more loveble then adopted one. I don't wanna adopt kid i would love to raise my own kids.

Back in somali I always wished if i can find a baby laying on street cuz one time freind on mine found a girl she was so peautiful really beleive she took care of here then later she died, but i never had that chance. Peace and love untill we meet again.

kisha   

My mum gave me up, right before I was born.

I guess she had her reasons, although i'll never understand!

Anyways back to the topic: I think i would've giving a child same chance i had!

bee bye now!

MD   

I wouldn't mind adopting at all but what's even better is helping a child who lives with his parents financially, Children always need their real parents(biological parents) no matter how good you are to them.

If I'm financially stable, sure why not...one or two when I'm retired and my time is free..however, I don't think you can give them your last name. Besides, they will lose their identity if you do that!

one

Senora   

It's something i have thought about since my own aunt started adopting children.....there are so many unfortunate children in this world...and they are so couragoues to have gone through misfortunes and still keep their heads up high.....if in the future,(insha'allah) i am blessed enough to provide for one, i wouldnt think twice......

Adopting a kid is just as much responsiblity as though you had one of your own so just because one has skipped the pregency..the bloating..the headaches..shouldnt justify you of other tasks. Personally i would adopt a kid if i were not to have any of mine own...probably adopt a somali kid ..sponsor him/her at the age range of 4-7 because they'll have a slient idea that you're not their mother nor father...and for adopted parents to say to the kids that am your "motha or father" is haram..the child should be injusticed to their real parents..just like they cant have your last name. Nevertheless, i'll be benefiting for it as well as helping an lonely child..so there has to be some sort of ahjiir rite.