Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

What I see,,,,,,,,

Ariadne   

I see a strip club right in the middle of an other wise alright nighborhood. The late nights at work have been the partner of a lot of the prostitues that hang out in front of the place. The old creepy men with the comb overs and the fragrence of misery and desperation clinging to their clothing. And the s gong into the club with highways of track marks around their ankles and arms.

What do I see?

I see exploitation

I see a double standard where these men would not want their sister,daughter or mother or even wife to be doing that and that makes thm uncomfortable, but they won't even blink when it's another woman.

I see the selling of as if its a commodity

I see exploitation trying to disguise themself

as empowerment.

I see and smell misery and desperaton

N.O.R.F   

I see the layman leading the intellect

I see a people whose needs haven’t been met

Death and destruction is all they get

I see the harsh realities on this cold earth

I see the difficulty in judging reality’s girth

Realities impervious to a new birth

I see natural resources are to be gained on

I see the queue of potential buyers each with a gun

The resources of the poor will soon be gone

I see my five daily prayers are a little extreme

I see my ‘brothers’ think this is fair to redeem

They run quick to get in on the scheme

I still hold out hope however

Hope that will be present forever

Our fallen we shall always remember

N.O.R.F   

Is it all its cracked up to be?

Remember Rahima has been constantly dissing London for god knows how long so be diplomatic with your Aussie reviews ;)

BOB   

I see what i see which you can't see and couldn't make you see as it wasn't meant for you to see otherwise you would be here to see since you're at the other side of the monitor you can't see nothing but all you see which is DEFINITELY not what i see...see what you'd see and tell Northerner WHAT DO YOU SEE? smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

What I see...

Darling Harbour, Sydney, from my hotel window. Simply breathtaking! :cool:

You went to Sydney and stayed in a hotel? A HOTEL! Are you at all Somali, woman?

Ibtisam   

^^^where else is she suppose to stay?? on the streets? find a somali to crash with?? :rolleyes: It is a holiday!

Val Is the place that bad, you are on the net after travelling for 24hrs to get there, I was thinking of going there sometime so looking forward to your honest report!

NGONGE   

You say 'find a somali to crash with' as if that's something that's hard to do! Tsk. Modern girls and their modern holidays.

Ibtisam   

^^Was it not you, who wanted to stay at a HOTEL when you went on holiday and take up an offer that was made to you :D lool So much for old fashion :rolleyes:

It is a holiday, She should not even see somali people if she can help it! let alone stay with them :D

NGONGE   

Wishes and facts are two different things. I wished to have stayed in a hotel. But I never did. Can't abandon tradition you see.

Ibtisam   

^^^Right! I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that one! YOU speaking about NOT abandoning tradition, unless you had a change of heart, I never figure you was a fan!. Better turn those wishes into fact before life gives up on you smile.gif

So you are just jealous she got to do as she wished and you did not hmmm..