Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

RE: We are making changes

Mowgli   

At first I thought I had entered some sort of twilight zone, it wasn't until I saw caano geels avtar that I got a grip...hmmm I'm not sure how I feel about it, it looks overcrowded...I guess it just takes getting used to

Zafir, you shouldn’t try to score brownie points with Admin at my expense. I've no problems with the new features and think they are all a great addition. Your little analysis of my quote, im afraid, was off-mark. I understand this is a privately owned site and was actually upholding the owners’ right to do as they please without every1’s ineffectual suggestions. Of course, now that he is here and listening to all your suggestions...it might not be so 'useless'.

STOIC   
Every morning as a routine after my first class period, I log into my SOL account. After taking a horrible Physics exam this morning, I decided to cool off my head with SOL.I was filled with bewilderment to notice a new web page. Why am I on NPR web page? I looked closely as it was hard to believe someone with Caano geel picture on the front page of NPR. What have we done this time? Did the Somalis had to do something with the new Helicopter crash on the East Coast of Djibouti? This can’t be it! SOL deserves better. I congratulate the administration for making ideals and reality a true achievement. And yes thank you for doing as all a favor by making this site a user friendly in a highly calibrated fashion. I hope you guys will make the place a more user friendly environ (of course after paying the bills). I hope the new face will appeal to all the regulars and the newcomers.

Castro   

It doesn't work on Firefox (Mac OS 10.3.9) at all. The page goes into some sort of an infinite loop. Works fine on Safari though. I like the new look. It's no small potato developing something like this. I bet it took Admin about 45 minuts to do it though. :D

I am surprised, however, it's been done in clandestine fashion. Where's the bloody jamboree? :(

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

The new site looks more like a portal offering various services than a forum.

That is the point atheer. Not a bad idea. I mean no one really knows how much it costs to run this thing. If I owned this brand name, I'd be selling underwear for nomads on it. :D

I've had a closer look and the text appears blurry to me too. I'm using IE. Also, the page just covers slightly over half the space... unlike the forum... and that maybe why it seems 'congested'.

102187621_d3a6c362c9.jpg

102188165_a06680e8cc.jpg

Castro   

Covering half the space is for resolution purposes. Often, the lowest resolution is used as the common denominator. Probably 800x600 or something god-awful like that.

Admin is getting a boat-load of testers, ain't he? This thread is becoming a bug list of sorts. :D

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

^

WOman I told you before, NO WHIPS OUTSIDE THE COMPOUND damn it.

^^^^ LooL Dude, You should be doin the Whippin...Get your Karbaash :D

Cheers

I like it. I really like it. I think that the current black, white & grey background are the best colours to go by. Don't get all rainbow crazy puhlease.

And may I suggest this nomad in place of Caano Geel's mug (sowwie, that avatar pic is too cute and boyish...we need real nomads yeah? :D )

01a6.jpg

Blessed   

It's great, takes me back to the early days but ADMIN- something MAJOR is missing. The camel man, the camel. We can't be nomads without camels, waa habaar :(

Pucca   

call me silly but i thought i was in a whole new site *i exited twice before i gave up and actually started to read the page...* :( there was no warning...cant be blamed right?

anywho....after the initial :eek: i thought the place looks hot!

maybe next time there's a change...there could be a warning/heads-up kinda topic...for us 'slow' folks. redface.gif oops..just saw the 'we are making changes' topic... but still! the topic should come BEFORE the changes are made.

*i'll just walk out..now*

smile.gif good stuff!

Maf Kees   

I like it. But you got me fooled, I thought it was some kind of spam at first. Now I can see the news here instead of getting my news on Somalia through Google News.