Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

This I believe

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Horeey! Seeker has good points there. However, I have a hunch that editors would object this kind of call. Your segment can be classified as grievances involving moderators (volunteers by the way) and to streych it a bit taking sides on nonexistent dispute.

:D:D:D Don't worry my silly rhetorics will dissipate soon from the likes of the forum.

I do think though I got my point across albeit by means frowned upon. With that, GODSPEED my good man. I hope the audio blogging works for y'all.

PS:- I just want to clarify because I normally do not care but, please refrain from labeling me as a male (the few who did). I am the opposite of that.(Don't change the way you challenge me though, I kinda like this uberfemale persona)

Khayr   

Salamz,

I don't agree with having your personal 'ONLINE RADIO' mouthpiece or 'Blogs' for that matter because they promote every kind of individual fantasy and promotes INDIVIDUALISM and the Right to be Heard .

All other subject matters become second and any 'talks or claims' of 'truth' is cheapened

to being known as 'THIS I BELIEVE' or 'THIS JAMMA BELIEVES' OR 'THIS STEVE JOB BELIEVES'.

So infact, what is being promoted is nothing but 'HUBRIS' aka HAWA aka EGOS!

This doesn't aid in the purpose of Bani Adam (according to the Quran) which is to be Abd-Allah (Slave of God). Instead, it supports the opposite-Man is his own GOD!

Meaning it helps to supports the NAFS by INLFATING IT.

Why else would people be 'enthuasitic' about it?

This is just an extension of living in a time where first Radio was thought to be a necessity for society...then the Medium of Television (Visuals that made people 'STARS')...then the advent of the Internet (wherein annonymity helped created 'WORLDWIDE' scholars,actors, etc. via self gloating websites and blogs....

I know that the Usual Suspects will try to draw up 'Straw Man' agruments but so be it!

Fi Amanillah

STOIC   

Let the ball roll and men/women of distinction share with us what actuates their ambitions in life.I beleive people will declare their beleives emphatically.Was it not Disraeli who said "with words we govern men"?.I will confess that am not one of the best eloquent and skilled public speaker but it wouldn't hurt to listen to the voice of the heart.

N.O.R.F   

LST

How will this new venture be certified? Ie what is the general process of moderation?

I sujest all audio files be available to yourself or the MOD's for scrutiny before they are aired. Also, a waiting list of recodings on a first come first served basis should be organisaed. Like 1 or 2 recordings a day/week etc but with other recodings waiting in line to be aired.

This shall reduce a)any silly stuff being recorded and b) the upkeep of the sight-will the recordings affect the availability of the site in anyway, will my computer take a larger memeory eveytime i log on? do i need download a software?

Its a good idea but there needs to be careful consideration to the above issues.

Faheema.   

This, I Believe is not going to work…simply because this was probably designed for Civilized people….the idea has not even been put into practice yet already you’re at each others throat…. Some things never change. :rolleyes:

I think this is The Idea of the Year!!!

Khayr:

Are you saying we shouldn't discuss, voice our believes, improve our selves, encourage, advise and help each other because we are created for Ibaadah???

Can you re read your post and just think about it lil further? Dude... I think it is time you revisit your concept of Ibaadah and the purpose of Life!

Back to the Topic:

Questions that need to be addressed:

would we have the same moderators as the forums? would we categorise the "believes" as we do on thewritten forums?

Cheers

Khayr   

Salamz,

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

I think this is The Idea of the Year!!!

Khayr:

Are you saying we shouldn't discuss, voice our believes, improve our selves, encourage, advise and help each other because we are created for Ibaadah???

Can you re read your post and just think about it lil further? Dude... I think it is time you revisit your concept of Ibaadah and the purpose of Life!

If there was the concept of 'radio' or 'print journalism' or even the 'internet' a few centuries ago, then could you imagine say ...Imam Ghazzali going on 'Ghazzali I belief' or Abu Hanifah on 'Hanifah I belief' or even for that matter our great grandparents.

I certainly can't and it is because they would view these forums ('THIS I BELIEVE' etc.) to be nothing more then 'SELF PROMOTION'. Nothing more then feeding the 'XAWA', the Hubris...and that is exactly what it is for if what otherwise,

then how come the great souls of this world did not discover these 'mediums i.e. radio, online radio, internet etc.

Why in the world would such mediums come to be at this time in our life cycle when 'Sentimentalization (e.g. If I feel it is right, then it must be right) is the Paradigm for Truth.

Just look at this thread, b/c most of the nomads that responded 'think', 'feel' that it is a good idea, happens to make the whole 'THIS I BELIEVE' medium to be GOOD and RIGHT.

I see more danger, more damage then good and rather then it (THIS I BELIEVE medium) drawing 'MOST PEOPLE'(Question-Well what if it helps me to draw closer to Allah?...Well, Revelation, Divine Laws were sent for 'MOST PEOPLE' including the 'exceptionial ones too', so you can't propose an 'IDEA', a 'CONCEPT' without relating to its affect to the 'MAJORITY OF PEOPLE) to becoming 'ABD-ALLAH', it will likely draw them to becoming 'Abd-Al-Insan' aka Self-Praise.

Fi Amanillah

Baashi   

Alright Khayr. I hear ya. U don't think this is a good idea. I heard that. U think this is a self-promotion of sort even though I don't see how nevertheless that thought of urs is noted. U aired ur take on this suggestion and u obviously don't think it's a good idea. Fine.

Now "we" as u can read on this thread think this is a good idea. Some of us want to make it happen. Ur objection is noted but ignored. Leave it there buddy.

Tuujiye   

^^ maya sxb... baashe lee iskaga sanifay baryahaan nooh.. rabsho lee waaye ....

Kheyr siduu SOL u yimaday ilaa iyo hada asoo wax sax ku hadlaayo maba arkin.. mar shiikh mar wasaq waaye marna single motherska uu lacag ka deemsadaa.. So kheyr qashqashaadaas uu ku fiican yahay...

Wareer Badanaa!!!!