Sign in to follow this  
Tuitero

Somali male name

Tuitero   

Hi!

I met a Somali man, but cannot remember his name anymore. He said that it means "Friday". I looked from the dictionary and it said that Friday is jimce/jamce. I remeber that his name began with S and it was something like "Saidi". Could you help me out, please?

Baluug   

Are you sure he said it means "Friday"? Because if his name starts with S, then maybe he meant Saturday, which is Sabti, but I don't think that's a name, is it? His name might be "Sayidi", but that doesn't stand for any day of the week....

Abtigiis   

Unless his mother is from a different nation and has given him a vernacular of Jimce to him, there is no such thing as a name. Anyway, inuu kuu been-guurayey baa laga yaabaaye iska ilaali!Curious why would he show it from a card, when he can say it!

Tuitero   

Yeah, I'm sure he said it means Friday. He told me that his friends call him either with his real name or as Friday in English.

Maybe he showed his name from a card cos for me Somali names are not so familiar. But that Sayidi sounds something like it could be. Are there any other ways to write it?

money   

Maybe his name was Saakuun - See I am thinking that you posted this on Wednesdaty, the day u met this Somali stranger and he told you his name was Saakuun and you may have asked him what it means and because of the language barrier he just simply opted for the easy way out and said Friday...

Saakuun is the day after tomorrow! and there are some guys who have that as nickname!

Now I am confused is Saakuun the day before yesterday or the day after tomorrow?

Shalay is ysterday - Doraad is the day before yesterday ...

beri is tommorrow so Saakuun is the day after tomorrow ..I stand corrected by myself! see we don't use t that much...that is where the confusion comes sometimes!

Beri = Tomorrow

sahan danbe = the day after tomorrow

saakuun = the day after .. the day after tomorrow.

shalay = yesterday

doraad = the day before yesterday.

thats how i got it down anyway