Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Confident You Can? An International Somali Demonstration for Peace?

Paragon   

Greetings fellow countrymen and women,

Here is the deal: the nation is scattered across the world and the country is up in ruins. This is because the country's people have not yet DECIDED to exert their collective will against the warmongers. Collective being the operative word, here is Paragon's WAGER for all:

ARE YOU CAPABLE OF ORGANIZING AN INTERNATIONAL DEMONSTRATION FOR SOMALIA PEACE, IN YOUR CITY AT THE SAME DAY AS OTHER CITIES, WITH THE SAME THEME AND THE SAME MESSAGE?

If you think You Can, then, post your name here in this topic for everyone to know.

If you pull it off then you will get an international recognization for being among THE GREATEST LIVING SOMALIS and your name will become historic.

It is your city against others and all.

Who dares organize?

I can definetaly do it in my city. This would obviously consume of great deal of everybody's time (Most of us work) and would require some organizational skills to organize disorganized maryooley, but it can be done!!!!!

JUSTICE   

am sorry to say this, but this war has been going for too long now. and what the demonstration are gonna do, what would we get out of it.....NOTHING

Soryy to say this

-Lily-   

^^^ I think he/she is refering to the current violence? Since the war there was anarchy and lawlessness, not outright heavy fighting like now. Besides, there is a first time for everything, might be worth capitalizing on the current publicity.

Paragon, it's a shame that people here are more concerned with Sland, re-unification or thrive on the feelings of helplessness or all of the above and not the avarge Somali.

I don't know enough Somalis to pull such a thing off, anyone who needs my help I don't mind chipping in.

Paragon   

Yo-Yo and Waterlily, you two are an encouragement. Thanks alot.

JUSTICE and Animal Farm, you say the war has been going on for a long time, but then what are you two going to do? Just, as Waterlily said, thrive on helplessness and use the excuse that the fact that the war has been on-going for a long time? I bet you would and have resigned into a hopeless fatalism. God help you, Amin.

Now, what will we get out of showing Somali solidarity through marching across the globe and within Somalia? Sorry to say this but we will get alot out of it! And we aren't going to sit around while AS WE SPEAK CIVILIANS ARE GUNNED DOWNED IN SOMALIA and do nothing...! God help the lost lot, bless us for we haven't yet lost all confidence and hope! By Allah, we will succeed.

PS: If you can't do anything through your own initiative, there is no purpose responding to this topic. The discussion is who can and not who can't. Get it?

JUSTICE   

do you all know what really hurts about his topic,is the fact that this war, curruption is caused by the somali people themselves, a brother is killing his brother.

So DEmonstrations are not going to solve anything...........who's attention do wanna catch with these demonstrations..........

Paragon   

A show of Somali solidarity against sponsoring the civil war and re-awakening of their conscience. Get it? Or you still don't!

PS: Sorry if you thought we were trying to catch a foreigner's attention. But you can do that.

JUSTICE   

ok you wanna show your solidarity then show it, and then what's next..... can you control the situation, NO. Where are you now, In the west, not in Somalia, What our solidarity is gonna do. IT's really good to show that you love your country and that you will do and do. I always known people who would talk and wouldn't carry any actions, Somalis come at number one .

Paragon   

You talk too much Justice. If you don't want to do anything and talk alot then please don't do it here -not in this topic please. It is for another purpose. Thank you.

Viking   

Paragon,

There's a demonstration tomorrow in London. People will be outside Embankment station at noon and will march to the American Embassy.