Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why is somali wedding like a club?

La-y-La   

Modesty, I dont know if u are talking about university, but anyway, I was there the same night and the place was soo crowded. The bride was escourted out b4 the groom came, just cause some gangsta wannabes brought guns baa layiri.

Wiilasha yar yar oo somalida ah, they need to stop imitating gangstas, sheekadaas tu soconeyso ma aha.

I mean why call for a Wedding, just a small gathering for the Meherka does the job..

It all comes down to female's problems, they are the one's who want it and they are the very one's that are uncontrollable and ruin everything...

Will you ever listen and follow, Stop Weddings ain't making you look any better or rather loved any greater.

Once and for all, all of you say after me, and say it louder, louder..

PLEASE NO TO WEDDINGS, I DON'T WANT ONE

That's it good now you can go and sleep.

ScarFace   

Originally posted by Tukaale:

PLEASE NO TO WEDDINGS, I DON'T WANT ONE

well that solves the problem doesnt it...but would a halimo ever say that word?? :confused: Tukaale dont blame the halimo's...shed some blame on the farahs they the ones that are paying for the wedding......These brothers need to get a grib, PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN and be a MAN?!

Som@li   

SOmalis use the weddings as excuse to have disco type party, i wonder why those who club are not welcomed in our culture, when weddings is like a club.

^^ you‘ve just given me a great idea

When i have my wedding (2056) I’ll be charging some admission fee for my disco wedding, do u think that will work.. time shall tell, huh?

Seriously, wedding should be a happy/private/ clean sprit/ clam/ relaxing / reflecting moment between the 2 people but for some reason, we Somalia’s can’t seem to realize that… :mad:

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

^ Some of us mastered the art of leaning against the wall too,
:D
arms crossed looking uninterested, but if he's cute it's different story. I am one to leer at those I find exceedingly attractive.
;)

You have yet to comprehend what it means to lower your gaze. icon_razz.gif

It basically easier to seprate sexes, let the girls have their own party the night, and boys have a well-to-do qado after meherka, then after that the newly weds can go for honeymoon, giving no space for the gangsta-wannabes, club/disco-seekrs and gatecrashers, still they can save some money for their future child, or for their rent I guess.

Tukaale dont blame the halimo's...shed some blame on the farahs they the ones that are paying for the wedding

Yep bro you are right, Its true that most Faraxs do pay for these kind of weddings and have some blame but the desire and the decision to do such thins comes from the girl. What can you do, sometime its not manly enough to stop anything you find not so beneficial and break the union but rather swallow it at all costs and be prepared to please the lady, this could equally be another somewhat useful manly character, Its we who decide to be a Gentleman and take actions out of our desire, and thats one of the patience tests you go through in your major moments of your life time, doing the right staff sometimes takes you troublesome directions, will you be man enough to take it? Entirely up to you

For me Sxb, No I wouldn't call for any big wedding, a small gathering will do because I rather spend the money on a special beautiful romantic honeymoon holliday in sunny Arabia or Spain anywhere or even betterly spent and go the Hajka to witness the extraodinary of the event and perform this important pillar of our Diin instead of Partying all night with complete strangers with no manners at all and be treated like a prisoner in his/her own big day, sometimes what you see happen these days its a complete humiliation... It's a route I rather opt not to take, its everyone's choice and right to make them most of what serves their interest.

Cheers

Lol @ Modesty...

The derbi istaag crew seem to be disappearing in numbers though.More and more are either donning suits and have grown up or are back home on the 'dhaqaan celis' card I guess.

Either way back in the days(Yes I am old) things were mental to the point were poor mini cabs were hijacked and all guns ablazing.Life was awkward as a teen man.....

As someone said earlier something about invitations and bouncers help.I dont get how you can try and slide into a aroos when a big butch man has refused U entry.I would die with shame but then again I wouldn't go to a aroos where the bride and bridegroom or their family never acknowledged me enough to give me a invite. smile.gif