Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why is somali wedding like a club?

Modesty   

Yes, I was in a wedding last night, and every gangsta wannabe somali girl and guy came. The place was crowded with "uninviteds", there was a place to sit and eat. The music was super loud, and the dance floor was jammed "clubbers", even the family of the people getting married couldn't dance.Why can't somalis have normal formal weddings like everyone else?

Aaliyyah   

Asalaamu alaikum

Modesty you are right sister most Somali weddings are like clubs, since all Somalis that live in that city are basically invited . The pride’s family are gonna invite farah and xaliimo, and that farah and xaliimo are going to invite another xaliimo and farah and before you know it the whole city is coming to the wedding :mad: . To be honest it is the fact that most Somalis are some way related. How can we solve that dilemma?? Well I thought maybe you should make invitation card and just giving to yr close relatives, friends, and co-owerkers. To ensure everyone that comes in have invitation card u can have a body guard at the front of the hotel. I guess that’s all I can think of, however by the time I get married I am sure I will have the perfect plan, modesty u aint the only one whose so perplexed with the way Somalis organize their weddings :confused: insha-allah in the near future things will change as we come to realize that us somalis do not understand the meaning of wedding? like what is the different between a somali wedding and normal party? guess no'in :rolleyes:

Wa salam alaikum

Modesty   

AAliyah, wa alaykum wa salaam!

That's a smart idea having invitations, and security guards to enforce it. Plus, that will have enough food for everyone, some of the women were about to fight over food last night as if it was the UN hunger relief. I bet they weren't even "invited" and they want to attack the food servers. Pathetic. I don't think many people get the concept of a "marriage" ceremony, no it's not a club, no it's not just for you to get free food, and why don't they ever bring gifts to the bride and groom? After all they spent so much money on everything else.Yes, dirac is getting on my nerves. :D

hodman   

Originally posted by Modesty:

Yes, I was in a wedding last night, and every gangsta wannabe somali girl and guy came. The place was crowded with "uninviteds", there was a place to sit and eat. The music was super loud, and the dance floor was jammed "clubbers", even the family of the people getting married couldn't dance.Why can't somalis have normal formal weddings like everyone else?

Sounds like the classic MPLS wedding :D

bilan   

best plan is separation between sexes,it is easy, cheap and right way to start a family, but to be honest i do not think the idea of everyone has to have invitation will work cause your own family will not bring the invitation then what.

Pucca   

the best way to avoid uninvited guests is to have your wedding early...say begin at 7pm and finish at 10 or if you're really into the whole late thing..leave at 12am. Unwanted folks usually roll up around 12am-1am ...clear the scene before then and you'll have yourself a lovely close friends/family wedding.

that or get bouncers ...

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Well I thought maybe you should make invitation card and just giving to yr close relatives, friends, and co-owerkers. To ensure everyone that comes in have invitation card u can have a body guard at the front of the hotel.

Wa salam alaikum

that was exactly what it was for the last wedding i went to.. only invitations... that's was really good cuz i didn't had to see any of the gangesta ppl overe there... so i do i agree with ya with invitation thing...

salam.

Club isnt the word I would use. I recently attended a grand wedding myself. If anything I thought it was a pick-up joint. The sisters where so eager and constantly looking around. It must be all the lovie-dovie feeling in the air. smile.gif

While the brothers looked calm up against the walls. Just my observation.

Nephissa   

^ Some of us mastered the art of leaning against the wall too, :D arms crossed looking uninterested, but if he's cute it's different story. I am one to leer at those I find exceedingly attractive. ;)

Urban   

^ At least members are interested and posting, right? If everyone starts discouraging people from starting threads then i don't know whats gonna happen to this website...