Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

Mo Farah breaks 3000m indoor record

Originally posted by Cara:

I think a single earring is pretty masculine. Certainly you don't see women wearing only one earring (unless they lost the other one and haven't noticed yet!)

It's like how guys used to put cilaan on just their pinky fingernail, as a preteen it somehow
accentuated their manliness
to me
:D

:D @ Cara

LOL @ 'accentuated' .... that word should not even be used to describe manliness ... your manliness detection meter needs re-calibration.

I've seen some guys like that , along with a long fingernail covered with cilaan & wearing indho kuul

just throw an earing into the mix .. and you have a somali drag-queen

Ibtisam- Sorry my dear but I prefer my Somali role models to be what I classify as "Proper" Somali's that means no ear rings or g@y choker necklaces in sight.

LOL Cara- For your information I sometimes wear one earring granted its one made of a variety of colourful feathers- still I manage to strut around acting as if I were Pocahontas. Hell I can even make it rain when I want to...Sometimes and I am ashamed of this but I wear one earring just to see what it feels like to be Elton John. :(

Ibtisam   

The_Siren, he is a role model as a long distance runner, not a reflection of Somaliness or Muslim. I think waa good sportsman. Wiixi kaal is not really my business, it would not make a difference. But I guess when you are in the Public eye, people will always pick on something, from the flag/ team that trains you, to your hair cut, shoes, ears, weight and so on. Much like the rest of us, he is paid for a job, which he does well. We can find something negative to say about everything if we try.

Aaliyyah   

whats so g** abt one earring? many guys lately wear it out of adopting to the western culture. Also, what so masculine about one earring Cara? I find it distasteful, but everyone can do whatever..

Anyways, congrats to the brother..

salaam

Ibti you are correct he is a great athlete and he has done well that I cannot deny him but wouldn't you (for once)like to see a Somali brother/sister and thus a somali role model within the public eye that can compete on an international level in whatever their field of interest without compromising their roots and heritage?

I personally think seeing a Somali brother wearing earrings is just a major cop-out. Real Somali role models for real Somali people not these generic cadaanatized folk who have lost sense with their sense of identity. Its not the earrings I have a problem with perse its what they represent and what they say about the person and how far removed they've become from their roots, their heritage and thus their people.

Ibtisam   

^^^I think it is good enough that he is doing well as a person, he does not take drugs, has not robbed an old lady and has not shot anyone, nor is he wasting his life in street corners and gangs like the rest of the somalis that make it into the news here in the UK. So I think for once we do have a somali in an international level who is normal.

Ibti - why didn't you tell me about this earing business? - hope he is not wearing on the day?

if he is - i'll tell them it makes him run faster and the katiinad is his gear changer icon_razz.gif

as long as it not gold thought - btw - congratulations to the brother - wishing him the best.

Ibtisam   

^^^Look you told me to get the guy for you, not to check him out. I did not notice an earing and even if I did, I would never cross my mind that it would make a difference to you wanting him.

it doesn't to me - but knowing my people - they will have lot pick on him about

from changing Mohamed to Mo, to the Katiinad, on earings - bald head and why doesn't he speak somali to you know what :D

whilst at the same time given him lots of love.

you figure! icon_razz.gif

Dhubad.   

My boy MO Farah is officially the fastest man in Europe. Well done mate !

"Britain has never won this gold before. We've had years without an entry in the event. This is absolutely a big achievement"