Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

Mo Farah breaks 3000m indoor record

Ismahaan   

What an awesoome run from a hugely talented guy like Mo Farah.He was very disappointed at the Beijing Olympics by not qualifying for the 5000m final. I'm glad he won.

Ibtisam   

This was last weekend, I remember watching it, when he started sprinting from 4laps to go, I though oh shid. :D

The british record is slow compared to the world record. Gebreselasie (sp?)still holds his record from 1997 7mins 20sec. He is going to still struggle when he meets the Africans again. That is always his problem, he does well in Europe.

If he keeps improving, in few years he'll be right up there. I'm so excited for him.

We'll see how he does in the European Indoor Championships in March inshallah. It'll also be cool to see if chambers can beat that little white kid.

Ibtisam   

Everyone is getting faster it is crazy. :eek:

Mo farah takes on the big guys [well three average Kenyans] in an hour. :D A new British record maybe

Ibtisam   

HE broke his own British record. Congrats to him at 7.34, he look good. Now he just have to beat the Eithios in the summer.

Dhubad.   

Yes, the brother is having a good year this time, unlike last year where he messed it up and sett off in the wrong direction.

Apparently he went to Somalia & Ethiop and trained so hard for this, I am happy for him.

460x260_Mo%20Farah_200902030323.jpg

u sure he is't on some time type of performance enhancing drug. jk. so many athletes take that to do better and perform better. i use to know one (Somali) who could do few lapses with no sweat without the help of anything and all natural. wish I could do it.

Dhubad.   

^ I don't think he is on anything, this guy is a very talented and he is devoted to his career, he lives outside London and trains with the Kenyans and Ethiopians who are know to be good runners.

Ibtisam   

He adds the European indoor Champs to his collection. I like how he dragged the team around for the celebration. Miskeen. :D

Chambers set a new record too, 3rd fasters after Green!!! Who knows by 2012, the we won't be ashamed of the GB team :D

P.s. Aw-Dhubad, I was trying to fidn a clip of when he run off the in the wrong direction again! but could not. lol

I once saw him wearing earrings and since then I decided that he was a g@ylord.

Still, its nice for us Somalis to be proud of being adept at something other than piracy...and thats not me having a dig at those pirates, to me? They're national heroes. LOL

^ doesn't it seem effeminate for a faarax to be wearing an earing ... I would probably jump to the same conclusion as Siren.

Cara.   

I think a single earring is pretty masculine. Certainly you don't see women wearing only one earring (unless they lost the other one and haven't noticed yet!)

It's like how guys used to put cilaan on just their pinky fingernail, as a preteen it somehow accentuated their manliness to me :D