Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

What Is Your Income?

^War Tartiib haa nagu khafiifin. :D

As for people asking me how much I make,I don't care.$17.65/hr plus a clothing allowance(for uniforms,i guess)of 4.75/week,and 60 cents/hr company paid RRSP contributions.Works out to almost $40000/year.Plus lots and lots of overtime!!Not bad for unskilled labour.

Libaanow; thats gross income maaha?

With 22%(Federal tax rate?) and 9%(Bridhish columbia?)provincial rate, your take home pay(Assuming that you dont pay anything else)

$40000/52Weeks=

$769.26

-69.00=$531.08

War ileen you are a rich Xamaali? :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Remember, it is not how much you make. It is how much you save.
:D

Libaax, it is unconscionable the amount of wisdom you're hoarding around here. That is so true. The sad thing is, the more money people make, the less they save. False confidence, I guess. Most Americans are one or two paychecks away from being homeless. And this includes people who are in the six figure bracket. Now tell that to someone who makes $100 the whole month!

QANCIYE   

Although not many ppls I know do ask over what my salary is, I use this line, which works all the time..well unless he/she's a nackohead.

Just say ahhh well it's enough to pay the bills.

works all the time.

LST, that's so true bro i've seen bro who always brag how many figures and what not but barely make through the month due to all those un-necessary everyday expenditure.

N.O.R.F   

LST hit the nail on the head, making money is easy, saving is the hard part!

A no access savings account (1 month notice) is the best option, but watch out for the interest, drop it in the unwanted interest box at the mosque.

Jacpher   

Somalis are known for asking too personal questions. Walaahi the question above is nothing compared to what they ask. Just shows how nomadic we are.

I developed a way of dealing these things. I keep it real. Just say it as it is, straight from the heart. People will dislike you at first then, they will respect your honesty later and they'll avoid you the rest.

Nazra   

I can’t believe that some of you think I am bragging about my income. :rolleyes:

How could you not see my distress? If I was bragging then I would have told everyone how much I make without anyone asking.

That was so funny, I was laughing my head of when you said that sheherazade.

"Just say: In igu filan, alhamdullilah.

If they persist say: Yaahuu."

Loooooooolz, @ Yaahuu. I was laughing my head of with tears, it reminded me of my grandmother who always says "yaahuu" with her kool accent.

I like that "in igu filan" I will give that a go.

"I hope you make even more in the future to get all the Gucci and (real) Chanel you need. Inshallah." Oh thanks castro, but how do you know that’s exactly what I want to do. Lolz

I always thought how much you earn reflects on your car, clothes and home not how much is in the saving account. That explains why I am not good at saving. :(

Guyz, once again you have underestimated me. It wasn’t just a summer job. It was a high paid job. Everyone knows I work in a supermarket and that I am just a check out chick. Well I moved on… and used my degree(i'm currently studying) to get me that summer job :D . The reason I was concerned about this was,....

what happens when I graduate and get a job that pays even more????

I wonder how many times I will get asked that. Already everyone is saying that I will make a lot $$$$.

"New twist on an old theme, the "gold digger" used to be thought of as the young girl who chased the older richer guy. Nimankii Aqli bay nagu yeesheen, ma tiri? Xitaa they purposely foget their wallet on dates." Loooooooooooooolz

That is so funny. Say what???

You having me on???

I was really mad when this guys asked me to top up his petrol, he goes: "babe, hook me up with petrol money". Not only once, but twice :mad: . I thought that was bad. Forgetting their wallet, that tops it all. I’m still laughing.

Nazra, you are indeed a nice somali girl with good manners. It seems to me that you come from a nice family where respect comes before everything. I like how you handled the question when you politely refrained from hurting the questioner of her impolite question about your income.

I think, there is no problem asking one how much they make, of course with good intentions, but when the question navigates to detect the financial inferiority of the other, that is realy flirting with something else. The only time I use my Income brackets is when I am engaging with Gabar Madax-adag, who didn't heed my other manly tactics of Shukaansi; and believe me, speaking about my income brackets to magicaly impress a lady never made me a champion in shukaansi.

Lacag wax ma tartee, ilaahoow Janno hana seejin.

Qac Qaac   

Freaking american mentality.. if u have money, u gotta have nice cars huh.. that's why i see poor guy with ugly house in a bad condition driving latest cars.. whaz up with that.. don't this ppl know priorities what comes first, like a shelter is a need, and car is a want.. meaning u not gonna die with out a car.. but u might die with out house.. becouse of the cold or whatever other reason..

and about the date.. i won't even comment on it.. coz i think, most of the ppl know how i feel about it..

Nephissa   

I don't get asked how much I make. But what gets to me though is the "why aren't you married yet" syndrome. Geez, how do you respond to that!

Baluug   

Originally posted by Brown:

War ileen you are a rich Xamaali?
:D

On paper,I am.But after my wife(who doesn't work) and 4 kids(not to mention myself) get at it, I'm more miskiin than most of you guys :D

Nazra,can you gimme some gas money,please? :cool:

Nazra   

oh, thanks! Thats so sweet Alle ubaahne. smile.gif

Liibaan, if you put ur dignity on the line for asking that, then petrol money is on me... once again. redface.gif

Naku, oh! These ppl are so annoying. When ppl ask me that i simply tell them the truth: When i finish my studies, and they tell me how i'm such smart gurl for doing that :D .

But when i finish my studies and i don't get married and they ask me that, then i'll say: only Allah knows. smile.gif