Sign in to follow this  
GAAROODI

2 week holiday in march....were would you go?

raula   

salaam all, its been a while.

WOL, Ofcourse ZNZ is the IT! Speaking of that-i recently acquired a collector's item-CD of Mila na Utamaduni (spices of Zanzibar)-the original zanzibar ochestra collection and some other songs shipped straight from France..Ah! warm melodies to comfort one struggling in winter blight!

Coincidentaly, i met a guy here in USA, who DJ's for the zanzibar music festival and travels there every summer! what a small world.

***note to the original poster-not to boast, but maybe you could check out my poem (in the poem section) about zanzibar , and you will understand why some of us are infatuated by the place.

To hang out in Nairobi, you gotta know who & where to HANG!

RedSea   

JB "sexy gals offcourse with HIV" kulahaa. This guy must be the biggest joka ever. If theseg gals are HIV pos. Then what the hell is sexy about them.

N.O.R.F   

WOL and Raula (hello smile.gif ), you both make the place sound like paradise on earth and I'm really tempted to go there for a spring break (if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg). Thanks.

Hodman I wish I could get away too. I sometimes close my eyes and bring back memories of my last trip. Looking at the Sun setting over the ocean, listening to the tide hitting the beach, sound of the coconut trees rustling...few kids laughter or cries..

Raula Nice to have you back, Im your accomplice in crime ;) ...with th disappearing acts :D

I was just wondering are you talking about Ikhwan Safa group? As they were the original taarab company and they still perform.

Norfsky

Spring break is the best time to go as it is low season and most of the services are discounted.

To the Original Poster: Out of those two options I'd say Rio.

Year 2025. Coffee break.

Co-worker: "So what's your plans for the weekend?"

Five: "I'm going to space on Saturday, for a little relaxation. Need to get out of the planet for a few hours, you know".

Co-worker: "Yeah, yeah. I totally get it. I'm just waiting for those commercial flights to the Moon."

Five: "Man, that's, that's going to be great. That'd be great for spring holidays, I tell you."

Co-worker:"Yeah, I know. A couple of weeks in the space, out of this pollution, these people. Just... Just you, and, like, nature."

Five: "Totally. Outer nature. That's the real nature right there."

Co-worker: "You become one with all that vast... emptiness.."

Five: "That's deep, that's deep."

raula   

WOL-the story has it that Ikhwaan Safaa was the originals of the taarab during the remnants of the sultan days of znz. Some of the originals of the social club (Ikhwaan Safaa) can be heard on the internet (like zanzibarwebsite.net). Anyways! beutiful melodies, always! Enjoy.

To the Original poster, why RIO and Ethiopia alone?

from the two i can gather from your thought process that the holiday may not just be for relaxation, :D I've been to Addis and my dad visited RIO in the late 80's. Both are known for their sex tourism, and beautiful women.

So what was ur reason for such a short short list?

i don't expect a reply.

PS! Just be careful that's all ;)what may look and talk and even behave like a women may not be a women.

Check this out: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7374317.stm

if it can happen to Ronny well it can happen to anyone. smile.gif

ha ha, he went on business, something about sourcing parts for mills, who knows eh, that's something he would never admit to me anyway.

If i was brave enough i would hire a boat for a week and travel the south coast of somalia, check out Bajuni islands and maybe forage inland and check out this national park I've never heard of(see link). that would be ultimate holiday, i don't think its been done that many times before. Theres so much to discover in somalia why go anywhere else for those of us who have never been to somalia, not somaliland puntaland or whatever else but Somalia.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=somalia&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.0 38806,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Somalia&t=h&ll=-0.86514,42.261658&spn=1.342895,2.469177&z=9

raula   

WOL-i forgot to add that Ikhwaan safaa from what i have read were the original members of the MILA NA UTAMADUNI/CULTURE CLUB band-after ZNZ became independent and was taarab at that time became under the winger of ministry of culture-hence the name.