Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

hmmmmmm

chubacka   

Hay Somalians how u all doing?

Imagine you could unread a book, so on some nice day you strut right into your local library (obviously turning some heads as you breeze on by) anyway which book would you walk out with (and probably get fined for not returning on time?) Gosh I have confused myself!

:confused:

What is your fav book? That is all Iam trying to say really

me first me first :D

chubacka   

So if a could unread a book and read it for the first time again it would be... 100 years of solitude by Gabriel Garcie Mar... Gosh i don't know how to spell his name but he is such a beautiful writer. Has anyone read it?

wot did you think?

Anyway your turn nomads ;)

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo is my favourite book of all time. I would love to read that again for the first time and fall in love with humanity all over again.

It's usually books that have a great twist, but who otherwise don't merit a second reading, that I wish I could unread. If only to experience the thrill and shock of an unexpected ending, like The Partner or Runaway Jury by John Grisham.

FatB   

the "tomorrow" series by john marsden.

wooow what a writer. i also enjoyed last hope by alex dramon

nuune   

Sarfi.....Laamiyatul Afcaal

Naxwa.....Cimriidhi

Naxwa.....Alfiyyah

Qawaacidul Xadiith......Musdhalixul Xadiith

Xadiith......Sunan ibnu Al Maajah

Sincere   

By Way of deception - Victor Ostrovsky

Not rich in literary content, but for the espionage reader it's a must read. The #1 bestseller the mossad tried to ban. Chronicles the making of a mossad officer, and is "supposedly" a true story

Salma   

100 years of solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez is amazing writer, try to read for him also "Love in the Time of Cholera" Iam sure you gonna like it.

Btw, there are good Latin Authors, you may like to read for them too, like Paulo Coelho &Isabel Allende.

I don't have favourite book really. I read many books and it's too difficult to choose the "Best of the Best" smile.gif

That doesn't mean I don't like some books written by the Masters of the French Literature like Victor Hugo, Alber Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre, Gustav Flubert,Balzac, Alexandre Dumas, M.Proust or Andre Gide and....

Or by the Masters of the Russian Literature like: Fiyodore Dostoevsky, Leo Tolstoy or Gogol

Or by the English Literature Masters: Jane Austin, Emily Bronte, Charlez D_ickenz, Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway....etc

Or by the Arabic Literature Masters like: Mustapha Lotfi Al Manfaloodi, Najib Mahfouz, Taha Hussain, Al Caqqad, Najib Al Kilani, Yousef Al Sebaci, Mustapha Amin,Mikhael Neceema, Jibran Khalil Jibran, Hanna Meena, Georgy Zidan, Baha Taher, Sanallah Ibrahim, AlQosaibai, Turky Al Hamad, Cabdo Khal,....

Bottomline, I don't have ONE favourite book smile.gif

But the only book (Islamic literature) that made me cry from the bottom of my heart and i liked it alot is "A Journey to Allah" for the Master of the Islamic Literature "Dr.Najib Al kilani" (Allah yrxmo)

NGONGE   

My favourite book has always been Joseph Heller’s Catch 22. A book that shows the misery and confusion of war without having to resort to any great scenes of fighting and killing! The madness, paranoia, calculation, cowardice and greed that are surreally depicted in that book are breathtaking. Of all the books and stories describing the nature of war I think this is the one that did it best. If you have not read it yet I recommend you do.