Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Real Impact Community

Salam Brothers and Sisters,

I thought i might share the wonderful news of the recent launch of our brand new website.

http://www.realimpact.org.uk/

I understand many of you work in the non-for-profit sector (NGOs). if so, we would like to hear from your experiences. we are a young but experienced organisation and any comments would be welcomed.

contact details: info@realimpact.org.uk

Kind Regards and Salam

Your Brother

Marx Mohamed

-----------------------

Real Impact Community is a voluntary organisation set up at end of 2005 to provide opportunities for disadvantaged young people, particularly those from the ethnic minorities living in the inner cities, to fulfil their educational potential and to provide the guidance that will help them to obtain meaningful and sustainable employment.

RIC aims to help address some of the problems faced by young people in our urban areas. Our objective is to work as an enabling body in partnership with others to identify gaps in provision and support high quality projects which help individuals to access education and develop employment skills. R.I.C continues to encourage young people from all backgrounds to fulfil their potential, and to be valued for their achievements in education and employment.

RIC services and projects are different to any other organisation in Haringey given that the young people deliver the projects themselves alongside experienced staff. It is intended the independence given to young people can give them the opportunity to identify the needs of their fellow young people. Additionally this has the potential benefit of giving them ownership in the delivery of the projects and belief in their own abilities.

RIC believe that everyone has the right to be offered the opportunity to learn, to grow in confidence as they study, and to develop the skills they need for the workplace. I welcome the contribution R.I.C is making to building more inclusive communities, where the opportunity for success can be shared by all.

Looks a very good project indeed. So i assume you work only in the UK for the moment ?

Keep up the good work sxb ..... and if you need any help, contribution or whatever i'm in.

Jac,

Sxb, so far RIC only works in the UK but we have a long term stragetic plan to become an NGO in Somaliland. We already have a NGO registered with the Somaliland authorities but we have yet to launch our projects. Are you based in Hargeisa at the moment? we need people to run our projects?

I can’t understand as to why one will invoke a cause under the banner of Somali (misleading if you ask me) whilst limiting the projects/the mind frame behind it to Somaliland? just state the obvious...

STOIC   

^^^Can't you twiddle with your thumbs and stop degrading his ideas too nakedly.Please just fake an indulgent laugh

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Jac,

Sxb, so far RIC only works in the UK but we have a long term stragetic plan to become an NGO in Somaliland. We already have a NGO registered with the Somaliland authorities but we have yet to launch our projects. Are you based in Hargeisa at the moment? we need people to run our projects?

Yes i'm based in Hargeisa sxb ..... I've tight schedule but i'll be available for any help.

I can’t understand as to why one will invoke a cause under the banner of Somali (misleading if you ask me) whilst limiting the projects/the mind frame behind it to Somaliland? just state the obvious...

CL, don't be mad at the guy. He is doing his best and starting one place to later expand is not such bad idea. He is not running the UN ,, remember ?? :D

CL,

Our projects are not limited to Somaliland but intend to help all somali people who need assistance. I am disappointed that you would accuse of only helping out Somaliland. We want to start of with Somaliland then ishallah go country wide. We choose to start off with Somaliland since its the only place with a functioning and strong civil society. When we raised $20,000 for the flood victims of central somalia, I had people from the North attack for being a sell-out. We need to stop thinking like this, all people should be helped irrespective of their tribal background. Your attitude is very primitive and somewhat backward.