Sign in to follow this  
QANCIYE

Do Somalis in UK be slacking OFF or what?

JUSTICE   

I would say that we should ignore the statistics and start doing something useful. so if your already working then mashaalah and good for you, but if you claimimg benefits then you must have a reason. we all know what are the reasons.

and what you lot said is true, and I think nothing is gonna change .

I don’t know whenever I see someone from the UK they spit sophistication, the accent entails intelligence somehow, they pay attention to details.. or maybe I’ve only seen the well socialized Somalis from the UK, but these people are often… less sloppy when compared with North Americans. And the Somalis I’ve met, are also well educated, and they’re all doing something.. great, pursuing education whereas in NA we’ve gotta lotta drop outs…. If you ask me the UK Somalis are doing well…. Apart from alcohol and khat abuse… .

Salaam,

I think you should ALL remember KAT downgraded the Somali People where ever they are, United nations experts estimated 20 million dollar goes to ethopia and kenya per year - just for qaat, imagine how easily that money can turnaround that country if used as needed to imporve people's life.

Worst than that in UK alone it destroyed so many young minds - who have got Psychological problems because of lack of moderation of qaat abuse, so qaat isn't only diminshing the proper prospect of clean living but it brings untold sideeffects.

It will cost us a civil war to stop in Uk, cos so many people can't live without it, but we need a damn campign alteast to try it to stop it.

SOL should take part of the campign to stop QAT.

The other thing which destroyed somali's(UK) reptution is they became first class scoungers, claiming social money just for sake of it,they sholuld realise it's there for everyone who needs it specially for old, sick and needy - it's a saftey net for the unemployed.people becoming greedy to apply and manipulate it, and that is why you find a 25 yrs of age young man who can work day and nite but still claiming - bad suckers, such things discourage so many people to work of the community.

Hello Folks

Yeah , the truth came out this week, only 12% of somalis work in UK. It's a shame but they forgot to mention that somalis were new immigrants, there are lots of problem: language barrier, un-educated parents, expensive city (London) and a Generous benefit system. They decided therefore what was best for them: stay at home and get paid doing nothing instead of doing low-paid jobs in a stressful city.

Most of somalis are benefit scrougers and virtually few somalis girls work.

But things are changing and somalis are catching up with zimbabweans or bengali.

I live in London and it took me 2 years and half to get out of the benefit system. I 've learned english and got at last a decent job to pay my rent and my bills.

It was hard to overcome the lack of qualifications however when you are out of the benefit system, you never got back......

Lake   

Its true the funny talking somali brits do slack off (from what I have seen)..I went there recently with my mom stayed in some place called bristol but we did go to london more than a couple of times during my stay..I was expecting something better from them honestly

but it was nice seeing all my peoples there

QANCIYE   

just FYI: for those of you using the "recently arrived, luck of lang this and that." as a scapegoat to prop up this type of indolence. plz acknowledge our ppl need to do bit more aight. Those who live in North America are the most recent off most fly13'sss and u won't deem the respect they get from da mainstream communities in their hardwork and commitment in working. Don't gime wrong there'll always be those all they do is"maxaa layidhi/maxay tidhi" and all tey do is chew qat/collect welfare etc.

TIP: ban the Qat..c’mon now

Lake   

Originally posted by QANCIYE:

just FYI: for those of you using the "recently arrived, luck of lang this and that." as a scapegoat to prop up this type of indolence. plz acknowledge our ppl need to do bit more aight. Those who live in North America are the most recent off most fly13'sss and u won't deem the respect they get from da mainstream communities in their hardwork and commitment in working. Don't gime wrong there'll always be those all they do is"maxaa layidhi/maxay tidhi" and all tey do is chew qat/collect welfare etc.

TIP
:
ban the Qat..c’mon now

but then again not all of us in North America are hard working folks lol..we still have the brits wanaabes

QANCIYE   

but then again not all of us in North America are hard working folks lol..we still have the brits wanaabes

Ohh my bad, large numbers of Canadians are exempt in this right? Ehh lol