Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Whats the Worst job you ever had?

Once upon a time in a call centre during Ramadan. What a hell hole that was. They said we could read when not on a call but we were almost always on a call. I nearly lost my voice and my sanity. One 10/15 minute break in a 5 hour shift.

I snuck away to the first aid room one day to pray Asr. Half way through, the crazy supervisor barges in- she must have followed me- and starts shouting at me. The longer I kept quiet, the louder she ranted, when I went into rukuuc she bent down and barked, when I went into sujuud, yup there she was in my ear and face. Two raqacas of Sergeant Major shouting and I finally finish. Calmy I tell her I was praying and it had taken just as long as a toilet break had, could she stop shouting please. She marched after me like a terrier at my heels and for the rest of the shift pointed fingers at me and whispered to the other witches. Wretched people, wretched place. How I wished damnation upon her. After breaking my fast. :D

J.Lee   

^Who let the Dogs out, ma is tidhi?

Viking wrote:

I had to at times take care of a corpse, clean it and get it ready for the morgue.

I think that is so friggin' cool dude. Ever since I read Stiff -By Mary Roach, I recommend it highly: great read especially if you like understated humor-I become morbidly fascinated with human cadavers and those that tend to it. I'm trying to get into that line of work for the summer actually: just to see if it agrees with me before I decide to pursue it.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

^umhm, u said it, the smaller the dog the worse the attitude.

Would u like to volunteer and help dig out and bury the dead of the Indonesian earthquake? Your morbid fascination might disappear if u place yourself outside the situational neutrality of a morgue but u'll be doing something reward-worthy.

Iffah   

Originally posted by Viking:

Eerie feeling to be looking around hoping the angel of death has left the building!

Agh,I know the feeling. I don't mind the cleaning of the body so much now, but what always gives me the creeps is being in the room while the patient is taking his/her last breath. To think you were in the same room with the angel of death...subxanallah

:eek:

Khayr   

Originally posted by Viking:

Worst job? For me it's more like worst part of a job...I had to at times take care of a corpse, clean it and get it ready for the morgue. One time a work-mate turned a corpse around and some of the residual air in the lungs hissed out, my heart almost stopped!

Eerie feeling to be looking around hoping the angel of death has left the building!

It definitely sounds scary. I don't know how those people at Morges and Forensic labs do it.

J.Lee   

I wouldn't want to work in a morgue; I'd rather examine the bodies.

If you have information about volunteering (the necessary shots, papers, and protocol: as long as it's not with the red cross), send it my way ina adeer.

ElPunto   

^You sound (almost) giddy about the prospect. A suitably circumspect and somber attitude is needed for that kind of job :D:D

Khayr   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^You sound (almost) giddy about the prospect. A suitably circumspect and somber attitude is needed for that kind of job
:D:D

^^^^

Where's HornAfrique/Kashanre when you need him? :rolleyes:

Saxib, say it ain't so,J.Lee is one eclectic sister.

J.Lee   

^War maandhow, leerka iga jeedhi.

I will dig and bury them with clinical detachment: there is no giddiness associated with death ina adeer.

I will contribute my time to a worthwhile cause and I'll be rewarded for it soo ma'aha?

J.Lee   

LOL.

Osmosis prone? You couldn't do better? Find more fitting a term? Disappointing walee: sida thongs baa half a!sed u tahay ina adeer.

Nephissa   

Worst jobs? Hmmm have to say I've been pretty lucky, nothing major as far as worst went.

Did telemarketer once when I lived just outside Montreal many years ago. I worked one day and never went back.

Worked at KFC too. Burned myself daily. Stunk after work, like oil, and the breading. I actually loved working there, walked home with a bucket of chicken every Wednesday, and Friday. :D

Bess.   

LOL… JLee I didn't know that u wanted some morgue action. If that is what u want...holler at me...u know i got the hospital connection. 4 ur info...there is nothing morbid about cadavers, unless u r NECROPHILIAC ...they are just there 4 us to learn from and treat them with the respect and gratitude due them ...its cause of them that i have learned many a procedure...next time i am learning how to suture...i am sure one of u will volunteer... :rolleyes: ...i didn't think so!

THE WORST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD....

teaching somali people a citizenship class....by the 2nd day i was ready to drown myself in lake washington...God...if i hear the word...CONSTITUTION...one more time... :mad:

i would rather work at the morgue...atleast the cadavers were not as Infuriating!