Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Two young Somalian ladies in Jamaican jail

I think the mother is a very admirable Woman. She is refugee who worked her way from a cleaner to a nurse raising these kids by herself. The mistake she made is one many Somalis make, to safe a few bucks sometimes our people choose unsafe surroundings not realizing the influence such an environment might have on their children.

As for the Girls, they are kids, Kids do ****** stuff, the best that can be hoped for is that they learn from their mistakes. Lastly if this is true that these girls did not know what was goin on and this just not a defense, I would like to share you an american mahmah: There is no such thing as a free lunch...

Sophist   

Inaalilaahi wa Inaa ileyhi Raajicuun,

My thoughts are with the family- losing a kid to thug life and the daughter being in prison that part of the world! Aloow u gargaar reerkan.

S

Rabi ha u sahlo.

Anoo wiilkii la dilay ka naxsanaa ayaaba gabdhahaan cajalkaas kusii arkay on that program, aad ugu sii naxay.

Koley caqlixumo iyo ciyaalnimo u geysay waxee sameeyeen, oo waxee islahaayeen waa ka baxsaneysiin. Caqlidaro weyn ahaa. I believe, and every common sense person would believe likewise, inay ogaayeen waxee sameynaayeen laakiin in la qabanaayo ma filaneynin ama wax sahlan moodeen.

They didn't fly from Toronto to Jameyka. They flew from Montreal to Jameyka, intaas aan u maleeyo isqarisnimo oo reerkooda iska qarinaayeen.

Well, again, Eebba ha u sahlo.

BiLaaL   

Very sad. Pointing fingers after the fact doesn't help anyone but the role of the parents in this case is worth questioning. Too many Somali parents in the diaspora disengage from their kids in the early years and expect great things from them when they grow up. I can't think of anything more naive than that.

I also wouldn't agree with the notion that we shouldn't blame the parents for the conduct of their grown up offspring. Any parent who hasn't engaged with their kids at an early age remains blameworthy for their conduct when they grow up. You can't absolve yourself of responsibility without guiding these kids from an early age and giving them a chance to succeed as adults!

ps - I don't know the family concerned so i'm not suggesting that the parents of these girls failed in their parenting duties. They may well have tried their best. Ilaahay ha u sahlo.

Malika   

How old are these girls again?? 12? 20?

Somali parents ba iska ba ee,even their 20-30 year old choices are blamed on them. Most of us came to quruubo when we were young and some very young but knew of choices we made will either make us or break us - marka naga daya dee! their parents have nothing to do with these young womens choice of life style - by the age of 15 ayee dintuu kuu ledahay faraha kaa qaad if your child does not listen to you.

Well there is no remorse on my part,they were going to smuggle drugs that will ruin many other children/young people.

Aaliyyah   

lol Malika I agree with you when you pointed out their age and said they are adults and should be accountable for their actions. I can't believe people here are calling these girls kids? these girls are in their 20s. I guess it is all about relativity these guys who are posting must be really old icon_razz.gif ..

With that been said, the way they were raised did have an influence in the choice they made today. They seem the type of girls who had too much freedom in their hands growing up. Not ignoring the fact that for instance iman's mom studied nursing and worked hard to put food on the table for her kids...but that is not where parenting ends??....You gotta descipline your kids. Of course living in ghetto areas did not help the situation and it is very much possible that this particular lady did try to descipline them laakin the environment ba ka xoog badatay.

I also wonder if the fathers of these girls did play a role in their lives??..I mean I know one of them tried to bail them out. But on day to day basis were they there for their girls guiding them desciplining them preaching them??..I mean otherwise what are parents for right. Not that I am saing these parents did not care about their kids ofcourse every parents cares and iman did made her dad cry and obviously he loves her with all his heart? but crying muxu tari? it is just too late marka hore aya walidnimada la fahma macnaheeda oo ilmahaga sifiican lo korsadan...When your child is 20 you cant do much? ..carabi maahmaah baa jirta hadii geedka sifiican aad biya ugu shubi weydo marku yaryahay hadho haduu sifiican u kori waayo biya kasta aad ku shubto waxba ma tara..Even preaching someone who is 20 plus wont do much...that is too late itself...

Anyways, sadly these girls will serve their time and we can only hope they learn from this mistake. And, that this sheds some light on what many somalis girls/guys think it is the easy way to make money....wax easy ah ma jiro ..You gotta work hard. Or else you gonna end up in the same path these girls ended or worse like Iman's brother and many other somali boys who did not live to see their 20th birthday.

salaam

Ashkiro   

Hmmm I found it very interesting the girl in the video said she was very suprised her father came, and she wouldn't think her father would come and help her in a million years. That was very telling. True we don't know the family, but it seems to me like a girl who wanted and needed love and she wasn't finding that at home, otherwise she wouldn't be suprised her father cared enough to visit her in jail. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes.

If anyone ever asks you to carry a "package", say no thank you. This man that I know is in Jail now because he was carrying a suitcase that he thougt was (xalwo, biskut, na nac, iyo mac macaan) from Kenya to Ohio. Turns out it wad Qaad.

Ms MoOns   

Hearing this all, yaab waaye walahi. I'm just thinking:

I'm 20 as well, and let's just put the parental guidance, and the environment they were brought up and all aside.

Where is common sense in all this?? :confused:

Ya get me?