Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Two young Somalian ladies in Jamaican jail

ElPunto   

^Seriously? You're blaming parents for a grown azz person accepting 'free' tickets from her drug dealer 'friend'. If she cared what her parents thought she would've told them. Instead she hid the whole thing from them. Seriously! Come on now.

Kool_Kat   

I'm not blaming it on the parents 100%! But their upbringing has so much to do with the lives they led, that's all I'm saying...

ElPunto   

^Have you not seen in many families - one or more kids succeeding and one or more kids failing or in jail. Why is that if they have the same parents? After a certain age - an individual determines his or her own path in life.

Ms MoOns   

Originally posted by Polanyi:

loooooooool. yeah, my friend the drug dealer, gave me some fish packages to take to the airport, wa'eva next.

:D:D:D

underdog   

These parents had a BAD year. Kind of Naive to think they had no clue what was going on

March 16 2009

Abdinasir Dirie arrested in Jamestown Cres., Toronto with others when police find a stolen sawed-off-shotgun in yard.

January 22 2010

Abdinasir Dirie, Ahmed Hassan, Rage Hassan Islow, Mohamed Yusuf and a 17-year-old minor are charged with cocaine trafficking and possession of proceeds of crime after RCMP raid an apartment unit at Penhorwood Street, Fort McMurray, Alberta.

February 5010

Iman Ali – Abdinasir Dirie’s older sister – and Jamestown Cres. friend Hoda Mohamed depart from Montreal on an all-expenses paid trip to Montego Bay, Jamaica. They do not tell their families they have left the country.

February 13 2010

Iman Ali and Hoda Mohamed are arrested in Montego Bay, Jamaica after authorities find nearly 20 kilos of marijuana hidden in their suitcases before boarding a plane back to Canada. Both women are imprisoned in Montego Bay’s, Shreeport jail. The women are provided with counsel who informs them not to talk to police. They also do not contact their families for the next two months.

April 8 2010

Iman Ali’s father, Abdulkadir Ali, travels to Montego Bay to bail his daughter out of jail.

April 21 2010

Abdinasir Dirie is found murdered in an apartment complex on McDonald Ave. in Fort McMurray in the early morning hours.

Later that same evening, Abdinasir’s father Abdulkadir Ali returns to Toronto from Jamaica and learns that his son has been murdered.

October 22 2010

Iman Ali – the older sister of Abdinasir Dirie – and Jamestown Cres. friend Hoda Mohamed are convicted by a Jamaican judge of attempting to smuggle 20 kilos of marijuana on a flight to Canada. They are jailed in Montego Bay and will be sentenced in December.

Ismalura   

The biggest cause of this problems is diinti oo laga tagay....say what you want about everything else but none of these happens to a practising Muslims.I have always avoided judging gabdhaha Somalida who dress and live like that but truth is wax walbe meel buu ka bilowdaa and before you know it everything is out of hand.

Mida kale how naive are you to accept a free ticket from a man?At age 10 my mom taught me all about caution when dealing with men and strangers, more than a decade later I still don't accept a ride or a drink from a man I don't know.

Either the story is fabricated or they brought this upon themselves through their other mistakes but I hope that they get a lenient sentence and that inshaAlah God makes them better people.

Aaliyyah   

loooooooool. yeah, my friend the drug dealer, gave me some fish packages to take to the airport, wa'eva next.

ya waxaas akhrisanaya wa yaabe lol..walahi wa wax lugu qoslo laga ooyo hadana sababto ah dad inta leeg oo noloshooda ku ciyaaraya they are not kids...gabadhahan wa gabdho wawayn they are in their early 20s...caqli xumo..

salaam

they were convicted by the court and their sentences will be announced in December...I wish them the best of luck.

btw, they look and sound high to me, especially the one in the blue :/

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

i have not watched the clips yet - but if it is as Ibti describes - either they are lying or they are one fuse short of their light bulb.

Ninyaaban - have you been in both to make that call?

ibti - what does 'shidhouse' mean?

LoL haven't been in either one. But i can only imagine how bad Jamaican jails are. And being a female at that, No thanks sir.

poiuytre   

I would like to feel some sympathy or empathy for these ladies but I can't. I don't feel even a little sorry for them. Their upbringing and environment is not any different than the circumstances that many young Somalis in the West grew up with yet they were able to stay away from the 'street life' and make something of themselves. We have to stop making excuses for people like this and be honest with ourselves. We all know where the blame lies. I mean come on, what are the odds that two siblings would be involved in the drug trade and their parents have no idea of what they've been up to? It says a lot about the level of involvement these parents had in their childrens lives. Blaming the system, their neighborhood, government housing etc is unfair and dishonest. There is clearly something wrong with the parents of these children and we can not expect much of dysfunctional parents.