Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Now that the Somali Passport is no more ...

Saabir   

It's very easy to blame the host nation's unjust acts,the Somalis working there or the warlords,but I believe the blame has to be directed to every Somali, because these warlords couldn't have stayed in power for that long without the blind support of the majority of Somalis.

the day we realize that tribalism will not take us anywhere is the day we will respect each other and every other nation will respect us.

Le_silencieux

Honesita   

My mom and dad went to this UAE wizara to get my brothers who had finished highschool and extension for their visa, the arab guy refused to renew it...my mom stood there and begged (allah yakhaleek), my dad yelled at her (naga kexeey carabkan xun)...!! It is very sad, but maxaa noogeeystay baryada...!! It brings a tear to my eye thinking that my mom actually had to beg someone and they said no to her....!!

I'm glad that the somali passport is finally invalidated.....it might be an incentive for those war lords to actually realize that business is not flowing any more...!! And time for those business pple to demand for peace and establishment of a government...!! No matter how educated we are, no matter how much business and money we can bring into a country, we basically lost the respect of other nations, and we cant gain it back until we come up with a solution for our selves...!!!

Did you guys also think of how many somalis will be denied xaj since the only way to get into Saudi is with a passport...!!

Salaamz

Salma   

Wallahi Honista, the brainless warlords wont ever think about their ppl whether they are sick, begging or whatever. Everyone is running his own things only.

Haj is a very important islamic ritual but the muslim can do it once in his/her whole life if its possible for them, and if they couldnt do it, then Allah is merciful. But what about the sick people in Somalia who needs Surgery,treatment or medication. We dont have good doctors in Somalia at all. How many somali came to UAE suffering from their eyes, kidneys or levers or anywhere else. Any1 can take surgery tools,call himself "a Doc", do surgeries for others and destroy their organs :confused:

OG Moti   

Once we were dignified people... people use to stand when a somali enters the place.. Arabs use to say "Somali majnuun-- khaliih calaa xaaluh" in a good way.. some because of fear the somali might kick ur asss.. some because they know a somali person is honest and no musuq maasiq...

Today we are the lowest human beings.. Who to Blame? I dont know ...

But I am sure Warlords shouldnt be blamed, cause they are utilizing our ignorance and lack of selfrespect we use to have... I blame everyone of us Why?

lets take example.. the SOL people.. we all condemn trabalism but when every single of us use it when it suits them... for example .. when we are among our tribe .. we all say that tribe is to blame they are xoooolo they did that and this.. North says "waa koofur waxa qaska wada" South says "Qaldaanka kibir ayaa kujira" and again we say no tribe it is not good but we use it everyday and blame everyone but one's tribe...

so it is us... we did it... I am trying to adopt the situation we put ourselves in.. my options are limited and i am utalizing it.. Cambodia is good for me so far.. i will focus on maintaining it that way.. everyone i expect to do the same.. to hell with the passport and to hell with the warlords.. but again the circle is becoming closer to my neck .. like one of the members said .. somalis always find a way out .. it is our distany to Survive equally whether u are educated or not.. our focus is what if i cant travel what if they stop giving visa.. in Cambodia visa is different levels ... one month, 3 months ..6 months ... 1 year... and so on.. we take the maximum looooooool cause u never know what happens... so as u can see at least it tought us to plan strategically... good luck to every Somali .. thou i feel sorry those who are in kenya and Russia ... peace

it is a sad story indeed.it seems we can't do nothing but insha allah let's not lose hope. may allah Subxanahu watalaa change us for the better. and now I am afraid for my very sick Awoowe who we were wanting to bring to dubia for medication.

OG bro things will be fine insha allah so don't lose hope may be allah has something better for us in store..

Allah says " there is a relieve in every hardship"

but by the way guys i heard somaliland has a new passport. would that work? or are we all a lost nation.

Honesita   

Emmy......well...i feel bad for those who need medical attention....but i feel worse for those can not afford to travel to dubai b/c they have no living relatives, b/c they have no jobs, and b/c simply there is no government to assist them...!! Those who are sick and go to dubai for attention dont really care for a government, those who have business running for them and giving them an income dont care for a government...simply because they know they're well off without a government...!! IF the doors are closed to them, they'll have to think of an alternative....we keep saying warlords need to stop the war...come on now....warlords r few compared to how many somalis want peace.......we need to be committed to our desire to form a government......but instead....we're selfish and think of our own well being...!!! Maybe cancelling the Somali passport is the first step to closing the doors on somalis...!!

Sareda...sorry about awoowe sis....!!

Salaamz

Salma   

One door closed another will be opened Inshallah , things will get better. I believe after Allah almighty, Hope & faith are the only things that makes ppl struggle and survive.