Sign in to follow this  
lander_girl04

What is your GOAL this month of Ramadan?!talk back

Golden girl ,I miss the slow paced tarawiih. The mosque i attend (15min bus trip)a ll 20 rakats with the witr is performed in about 1 hour. There is no hushu. And the truth is the majority of the mosques in my city of residence tend to have the same record.The aim is to pray tarawiih and not with the intention of khatimal Quraan. The only option i have is praying at home and is something I wouldnt want to. :(

Salaam!

M.Quen, u r right sis, if u aren`t used to taraaweeh then u will have a lot of Broblems at the begining then u will get used to it inshallah, just keep up praying abaayo. it is fun as u said...

Og-Girl, AAmeen sis, taqaballah minaa waminki saali7al a3maal!

Sis Sade: abaayo, people are so different some want Slow based Taraaweeh, others like it the other way around..

if u know Quran and understand it`s meaning i can understand the reason why u want taraaweeh to be slow, the Only time u kan khusuu3 is when the imam is reading Quran slow & in a good Voice maashallah, u won`t even feel Tired..

The taraaweeh of some imams i know last for at least 2 hours and they cry while reading Quran=> That is the taraaweeh i like ..

Sis sade May Allah Help U find the best suitable solution for You..

I don't think we'll get through the Quran at the mosque I go to either. I do wish it were a little longer. I musn't complain though, the young Imam has a lovely voice and has me transfixed. The atmosphere is perfect, it isn't crowded and there is silence. I leave floating.

As an aside, on the way back from the Mosque I sometimes pass by a man who has told me that he has considered converting to Islam but feels he should do it when he is completely ready- no half measures. His weakness is fun, he says. I try and stop to say a few words and he always asks about Islam and my daily routine during Ramadan. He finds the cleanliness required and the sense of unity very appealing; for instance, going into any mosque anywhere and praying alongside the locals. I don't think he has any contact with Muslims at the moment but I have suggested he visits the Mosque, perhaps catch the tail-end of the Tarawih and listen to the Imam give a short sermon. If he's lucky he might catch sight of me floating by on a cloud. It's truly beautiful, our faith.