Salaamad,

I don't know if any nomads have experienced

a workplace organized 'POT LUNCH'.

Well, I have had that pleasssure :(

and it ain't pretty.

My co-workers organized a 'Pot Luck' at work

and they were very amped about it!

Well from what I experienced at my other job

and with some of my old roommates, I had mixed feelings about 'participating' but b/c of

'Office Politics', I had to show up!

So comes lunch time and I bring in my food and guess what I see-Some of the Strangest Foods and smells that I ever came up on. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyways, needless to say I put my food down and try to head for the 'Desert' room cause

I'm thinking that you can't go wrong on Deserts

Right! WRONGGGG

These people can't even bake a Plain Cake!

Before the lunch, I was hearing all kinds of stories about my co-workers messing up and burning the food. They were stressed out, losing

a nights sleep cause they had to actually

'COOK' something for a change.

White Professionals get

TAKE OUT or DINE OUT!!! ;)

After the lunch, I had people coming up to me talking about how good the food was and that my food was long finished!

I was polite and just nodded!

One thing I noticed though, is the Black folks

don't like to participate in these Pot Lunches

at work cause they know that

'WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T .......'

Has this happened to anyone else!

Fi Amanallah

Baashi   

Kheyr,

So what did u put on the table that made them say hmmmm so yummy!? Let me guess: canjeero, kabaab, sambuusi, sabaayad, malawax, goat meat,... conveniently ordered from the "maqaayada"..what do they know poor folks :D

Gediid   

^^^^ :D:D Baashi had same thoughts myself..

Kheyr is absolutely right tho white folks and Americans in general just dont know squat about cooking.They suck big time in that departtment.I had this guy once bragg about how his wife made an "exotic" dinner the night before and to my total surprise the exotic dinner was none other than baasto with home made sauce........Makes one wonder what else taas eey ku ficnaan laheyd.

Delilah   

i think we're being a bit stereotypical here. It wrong to say white people can't cook. I mean my mom is white and she knows how to cook and so do my friends....its just plain wrong guys..tsk tsk tsk icon_razz.gif

Gediid   

Originally posted by Athena:

^^ U seem to think Somali ladies cant cook either, WHO EXACTLY can cook in ur humble opinion Gediid? Pakistanis? U a curry boy?
:D

Just the thought of curry gets my taste buds rolling Athena.....I would pay a thousand camels for a Mali women who can mix that sh!t as good as any Paki... :D:D

pearl   

Originally posted by Gediid:

quote:Originally posted by Athena:

^^ U seem to think Somali ladies cant cook either, WHO EXACTLY can cook in ur humble opinion Gediid? Pakistanis? U a curry boy?
:D

Just the thought of curry gets my taste buds rolling Athena.....I would pay a thousand camels for a Mali women who can mix that sh!t as good as any Paki...
:D:D
would i be wrong to say that u smell like curry 2....yuck!..

those ppl just kill the food...everything smells like curry...tastes like curry...even the freaking milk instead of adding some sugar they add u some curry........damn :rolleyes:

Changed   

so stereotypical of you..if u aint joking that is ....

ever thought of the cooks in those "carry outs" and "resturants" redface.gif american ma ahan miyaa?

somali chick...........eheheheh funny!!!!!

Gediid   

Pearl

Nothing wrong with a lil potpouri of curry and Lacoste.......Heard thats an instant turn on.You gotta try it to experience.......... :D

Kool_Kat   

When we have a pot luck at work, I always to for the salad...And may be if there's a Mexican or Spanish person, whateva they bring...

Or another thing, I just make sure I bring something good, then have plenty of it...

WingA   

when a group of us went to germany in the summer of 2000 for a youth exchange program. we had to cook something coz everyone else was preparing something expect us somali's from london!! we had to come up with something real quick and guess what we came up with??lool..

Fish n Chips!! yes, fish and chips. we sorted out the fish and then the chips. we put it along side beligum groups food and walaahi, our food was gone in 5 mins and we didnt even touch it. everyone was like this is the best i had!! we are like this is only fish and chip!! to be honest we didnt eat anything there it didnt look too healthly so opted for salad.

make it simple and enjoyable.

Gediid   

Winger

I see you have made it across the Atlantic to Baltimore.How did you ever get past the INS strip searchs, fingerprinting and mad European disease tests they conduct nowadays....... :D:D

Ka waran Baltimore ,any thing different than where you from?

That's kinda racist don't ya think.

White people are just like everyone else---different. Some cook, others don't. So please do not overgeneralise a whole race because of your co-workers!

WingA   

gediid,

yeah, am here at last and it seems like this is the place for man. saw my first car crash lastnight and the "airport" lool.. it was funny and ****** , i laugh out loud every time i think about man. its one i have to tell when alot of ppl are around man..

but i like it here, thats the main thing.