Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

Wedding Ring

Ms DD   

^^ Wax cusub halala yimaado. I am all for innovation in the matters of weddings but lets not be sheeps. Jaranjaro hadey iska tuuraan, is that what we will do? White wedding dresses are tacky anyway.

Zafir: Let us ask ourselves..For a young lady, is there a joy involved in the honeymoon period? Dhaqan ahaan? :D

JUSTICE   

^^^ Cambaro, what is wrong with the honeymoon. I would rather give away everything but not the honeymoon, common woman its once in life time thing.

Pucca   

now the story has changed to wedding rings? goodness god! who cares? you give your lady a chest full of dahab and be on your marry way...heck does it matter what ring you put it on?

we're taking this western culture too far now...

Blessed   

Rooble

I'm in the happy ever after stage of life. ;) I don't wear a ring though it's considered imitation [islamically] and jewelry generally suffocates me.

Dhucdhuc....has made a good most western wedding practices stem mainly from paganism and Christianity to a lesser degree.

However, like JusticeI think a honeymoon is a good way to get away from all the stress of the wedding, the move and family. It’s a nice way end one chapter of your life and starts a new one. I doubt you’ll ever get to spend quality time with your wife/husband. The rest is really for the family.

roobleh   

Kimia,

Come on dear, almost everything you and I have ever done was based on imitation. That is the way humans learn from each other. You just need to figure out which one is worth to imitate. I am sorry to say this, but the whole muslim world is lagging behind the Western countries in science and technology because we do not want to imitate the West. What we lacking is the good old common sense.

ps. waxaan is lahaa kimia dhaxanta kasoo xaree. Hope u enjoy each other. Laakiin, you're older than me. ;)

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

No need to wear a ring. This is dhaqan we never had. Why must we follow alien culture? Wearing white dress, throwing the flower bouquet behind you, and wearing a ring and even going to honeymoon..I personally boycotted them all.

AAllahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

La ilaha illa Allahu

Wa Lillahil Hamd.

"I marry thee in the name of Allah subhana wa ta'ala" is suffice enuff.

ps: Gold ring is forbideen for men just in case didnt know namean. peace out.

Originally posted by Intuition:

They wear wedding rings to prevent things like these...

jlvn774l.jpg

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool ,,,,,,, tuug la qabtay iga dheh :D:D:D

Blessed   

Originally posted by roobleh:

Come on dear, almost everything you and I have ever done was based on imitation. That is the way humans learn from each other. You just need to figure out which one is worth to imitate. I am sorry to say this, but the whole muslim world is lagging behind the Western countries in science and technology because we do not want to imitate the West. What we lacking is the good old common sense.

By ‘west’ you mean America and the few rich European countries, right?

I'm sorry, but I find your defeatist mentality disappointing. Not that it surprises me as it seems to be common amongst Arab youth iyo kuwa la kora.

As for technological advancement, the Far East seems to be on a league of it's own. Maybe, you should search their religious scriptures for wedding pointers.

roobleh   

I am not either an Arab or kuwa la kora xenobiyaay. It is unfortunate when those of you who were raised in Western countries and enjoying freedom and good live start bad-mouthing West unfairly. They gave you shelter when you had none, and proper education too. Thank Allah for what you have and pray for those who improved your live too. You should see what kind of live Somalis have in their own country.

How can you aknowledge the technological advancement of the Far East while you're ignoring the advancement of the West who were responsible for you to communicate on SOL. :confused:

Blessed   

Bal amuurtan eega, how did my citing an Islamic ruling with regards to wedding rings kick start a tirade about western advancement, backward Muslim nation and a synopsis of my wonderful little life? Not to mention my (and my ethnic groups) supposed lack of gratitude.

Amusing!

How can you acknowledge the technological advancement of the Far East while you're ignoring the advancement of the West who were responsible for you to communicate on SOL. :confused:

:D Where did I badmouth the west or ignore their advancement? I merely pointed out that there were others beside them who are as or in some cases more advanced technologically. Ma been baa? No. I was providing you fodder for a wider scope of ideas to imitate. ;)

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

No need to wear a ring. This is dhaqan we never had. Why must we follow alien culture? Wearing white dress, throwing the flower bouquet behind you, and wearing a ring and even going to honeymoon..I personally boycotted them all.

Quite right, it's an alien culture - a five star hotel, cold food, white dress, throwing the bouquet, and dancing the night away are all nothing more than a blind leading blind stuff and commercial charade.

just to have a good Waliima/duco and a good honeymoon for somewhere to de-stress, saying your vows - You and me against the world, a nice way to start a family smile.gif