Ifiye

Forget about building roads now Qatar wants to build new ports and renovate existing ones.

Ifiye   

Wasiirka dekadaha iyo gadiidka Badda ee xukumadda Federalka Soomaaliya Marwo Maryan Aweys Jaamac oo warbaahinta qaranka kula hadashay xafiska Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya ayaa u mahadcelisay wafdiga ka socda Qadar, waxaana ay sheegtay in labada waddan uu ka dhaxeeyo xiriir aad u wanaagsan.

Wafdigaan ka socda Dowladda Qatar ayaa waxa ay maalgashi ku sameyn doonaan dekado ay ka mid yihiin Baraawe ee Gobolka Shabeellaha Hoose iyo Hobyo ee Gobolka Mudug.

The qataris just showd up because the Emirates  gave the Ethiopians 3 billion dollars. Farmaajo choose qatar. Instead of Saudi Arabia and abudhabi. The  golf geopolitical conflict will be fought in the  horn of Africa. Farmaajo is he ready to play hard ball 

Samafal   

Gulf countries are very stingy when it comes to Somalia and very generous for others. Qatar gives billions to Hamas controllled Gaza. Saudi Arabia gave hundreds of billions to Egypt after Mursi was overhrown. UAE is giving billions to Ethopia as we speak. What have they done for Somalis? Nothing. They promise small projects that are never fulfilled. Even the Berbera/Bosaso port investments are well overdue and nothing significant is happening on the ground. I think it time we realise supporting one or other of these mean gulf countries is pointless.

Tallaabo   
55 minutes ago, Samafal said:

Gulf countries are very stingy when it comes to Somalia and very generous for others. Qatar gives billions to Hamas controllled Gaza. Saudi Arabia gave hundreds of billions to Egypt after Mursi was overhrown. UAE is giving billions to Ethopia as we speak. What have they done for Somalis? Nothing. They promise small projects that are never fulfilled. Even the Berbera/Bosaso port investments are well overdue and nothing significant is happening on the ground. I think it time we realise supporting one or other of these mean gulf countries is pointless.

Beggars don't choose their benefactors. We should just thank them for whatever they give us. 

Samafal   

Tallaabo, my point is not that, mate. My point is they don't do much but expect a lot from Somalis. Case in point how the UAE went bananas when Somalia did not support them against Qatar. Why would they expect for a such a blanket check? What have they done to earn that? I believe neither Qatar nor UAE deserve our internal falling out.

Dowladda Soomaaliya should milk kii noo yimaado, laba taano ama laba bilyan ha keeno, we will gladly accept without any preconditions. If they come with strings attached or some kind of quid pro quo expectations, ka kac aan leenahay. They are just mad Turkiga did so much for us in such a short period of time than they had ever done.

Soomaaliya inay iska curyaan ahaato ayee iska rabeen, periodically giving hand bags full of cash to whoever claimed to be a Soomaali president that visited. This government showed them waxaas ma soconeyso, that we are natural resource-wise could even be wealthier than their desert lands.

I also remember hearing those rumours back in '90s when UNOSOM was in Soomaaliya that those fat Khaliiji soldiers from Sacuudiga and Imaaraadka spent much of their time in their bases near dekedda with gabdho Soomaaliyeed ay fara xumeeyeen where as ciidamadii Bakistaamiinta iyo Turkiga were leading, trying hard to help their Soomaali Muslim brothers. Now I know those rumours had been true. They never changed.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:15 AM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Dowladda Soomaaliya should milk kii noo yimaado, laba taano ama laba bilyan ha keeno, we will gladly accept without any preconditions. If they come with strings attached or some kind of quid pro quo expectations, ka kac aan leenahay. They are just mad Turkiga did so much for us in such a short period of time than they had ever done.

Soomaaliya inay iska curyaan ahaato ayee iska rabeen, periodically giving hand bags full of cash to whoever claimed to be a Soomaali president that visited. This government showed them waxaas ma soconeyso, that we are natural resource-wise could even be wealthier than their desert lands.

I also remember hearing those rumours back in '90s when UNOSOM was in Soomaaliya that those fat Khaliiji soldiers from Sacuudiga and Imaaraadka spent much of their time in their bases near dekedda with gabdho Soomaaliyeed ay fara xumeeyeen where as ciidamadii Bakistaamiinta iyo Turkiga were leading, trying hard to help their Soomaali Muslim brothers. Now I know those rumours had been true. They never changed.

The bad thing is Turkey is not impressed. By now Somalia should have moved into rebuilding roads, schools, start some mining companies, started industrial agriculture to feed Arabs and particularly Qatar who is now relying from Turkey, Iran..

Nothing has materialized. Almost same conditions.

Qatar and Turkey invest in Somalia Mogadishu in particular.  Qatar is isolated it's very difficult how they can win against the sacuudis and Emirates.