Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Advice needed for Radio Show.

Hey fellow SOL’ers, i probably will be involved in a local radio station here in London very soon. Aimed at the Somali community in Britain and the wider diaspora.

The show i will be working on will be based primarily on Politics in the UK and local issues affecting the Somali community in general. Issues like crime, under achievement in schools and the breakdown of the nuclear family will be covered.

Will do interviews with local MP’s and councillors and senior police officers with regards to the Somali Community.

These are ideas I have at the moment. I was wondering what else I could include to the show to make it an intellectually stimulating 2hrs.

Any ideas and help most welcome.

Well the three issues you've mentioned are big ones. Make sure you approach it objectively. Dont turn the issue into a lecture where you preach people literally. I hate those. Invite guests from the community for a discussion. Open communication lines so that audiences can participate. Also, I would add health, something thats always left out of the discussion unles it is flue season. Good luck!

cheers C&H, we have a doctor that does the health matters show, so thats out of my remit. I'll keep in mind your suggestions.

come on people; anymore suggestions, sureley there are topics out there that you would like discussed and debated.

NGONGE   

^^ Do the Universal TV trick of bringing on a wadaad that people phone and ask to pray for them.

But if this is serious, then it has to be an information thing. Also, like that Arab radio in London, why not do the "EBAY Radio" bit where people phone you to tell you that they have a Nokia N95 for sale or that they are ready to swap it for an Iphone, etc.

N.O.R.F   

Arch,

Kids need to feel as though they're part of something. An easy and often successful way of doing that is through sport schemes.

Then again, what are the Tories cutting?

You mentioned that local issues affecting the Somali community in general so I hope Jaad or khaad issue is featuring in your talk as this is one of the biggest problems somali families in UK are facing today. When more than 24hrs of khat-chewing session takes its toll on this poor skinny Faarax and then the hung-over next morning. End of the road! this is when it leads violence against the wife. Midoo an daris nahay subax dhow sidii loo galay lee Tyson ma ring ku helay aa is dhaheysa, waan ka naxay maskinta. Haddana wuu iska sab-sabtayo waaba la joogtay mana aysan soo dacwayn. This is not isolated incident waa sheeko taxane :(

Polanyi   

Akhi, you could interview me about the virtues of increasing polygamous marriages. The other debates about khat and somali youths aree just too boring and ever does anything about it. lol

ps. nomad radio?

You mentioned that local issues affecting the Somali community in general so I hope Jaad or khaad issue is featuring in your talk as this is one of the biggest problems somali families in UK are facing today. When more than 24hrs of khat-chewing session takes its toll on this poor skinny Faarax and then the hung-over next morning. End of the road! this is when it leads violence against the wife. Midoo an daris nahay subax dhow sidii loo galay lee Tyson ma ring ku helay aa is dhaheysa, waan ka naxay maskinta. Haddana wuu iska sab-sabtayo waaba la joogtay mana aysan soo dacwayn. This is not isolated incident waa sheeko taxane

:mad: Naag oo Europe or America ku nool oo nin tumay la sii joogta waa habaaran tahay. Uff fooqul uff.

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

:mad: Naag oo Europe or America ku nool oo nin tumay la sii joogta waa habaaran tahay. Uff fooqul uff. [/QB]

Waxan maqlay naago in la tumo ku raaxeysta ayaa jira oo markii meel kasta la jabsho hawsha gurigeeda iyo qancinta odeygeeda si fiican uga soo baxaysa oo sidaa ku maqsuuda jira :D

Blessed   

I'm more interested in hearing about happy, fun things. I would love to listen to an interview with the young talented Warsan Shire, CabdiSalan Ibrahim of Man City that old man with the coud East London warwareega, Nadifa Mohamoud, Cabdillahi Cawad Cige.. People who are doing amazing things for themselves and the community. Somali take on current events--like how the budeget efefcts them, their businesses.. etc. If your going to address the youth issue - give them a platform to say their bit too, young people don't respond well to being preached at.

Why Blessed can't spell tonight..

Good luck..

nuune   

Waxan maqlay naago in la tumo ku raaxeysta ayaa jira oo markii meel kasta la jabsho hawsha gurigeeda iyo qancinta odeygeeda si fiican uga soo baxaysa oo sidaa ku maqsuuda jira

waxaan aqaanaa kuwa badan oo saad sheegtay ah, waa sheekooyin dhaadheer, waliba mid ka mida xaamilo ayey aheyd sidii loo feerayay ayey cunug ku dhashey ilmaa ka soo boodey dhoto', islaan dariskeena ayey aheyd tan, habeenkaan la dilin xanaaq bey la seexan jirtey.

Somalina   

Woow, wax laga sheekeyo aduunkan ma dhamaade? Islaamo badan oo ku raxeysta domestic violence malagu faanayaa maanta, How many in total do you know?

Qof ku raaxeysta physical abuse wuu yar yahey. Teeda kale as a neighbour did you try to help them? or qeylideeda ayaa music nii noqde? unbelievable runtii...