Sign in to follow this  
Resistance

SMILE : YOU ARE A SOMALI

Tired of the glooom stories u hear of the Somalia and of the Somali people, why are we as somalis always quick to point out the failures and the bad traits of our people.

well time to hit back.

Smile and then a write a sentence or two of why one is be proud to be Somali:

'Allah has made us a nation of one faith (Islam) and of the same language'

Khalaf   

Al-Islam first no doubt…and the hospitality… when traveling out of state… don’t stay in hotel…or pay for food…but welcomed and their not family….we are not a greedy ppl…after the war, refugeenimo…still hold up…set up businesses…communities…we are great ppl ….with pride in our heritage…who dont bow down to white man like many Africans. And I can’t forget our strong women…Allah has blessed our nation with strong and good women, brothers we should appreciate them more there is no other women like our women… stay the f away foreigners! :D

Afro   

HIZB-UK, tell me what to be proud of, just one point I can tell the world that I am somali and here is what we have done for humanity. The fact is We are from a nation who are bankrupted physically and mentally, a nation who don't understand right from wrong, a nation who are still on dark ages of canabalism and savagery, The lowest nation in africa and world, just have a look at the country, actually we became the first nation to became without authority for so long, a nation who knows how to dimolish but not how to build, and please don't blame the warlords because at the end of the day a nation's leaders is a direct product from them, and they reflect on them. If we were good people we wouldn't have the Aideed's, The Yeey's, The Qanyare's, The yalohow's, The Indhacade's and the countless evil's we have today.

So pls tell me what to be proud of??????

If I could change my ethnicity I would choose another nation, but Allah made me a Somali and unfotunetly I can't change that.

Maf Kees   

Afro reading your boolshidh, I swear waanba matagi rabey!

You don't want to be Somali? Ok iskaga siib your Somali rights. No more cute Halimos for you. No more free ride from another Farah. No more anything.

When you land in a Somali airport, you will pay 100 dollars extra entry fee just to humiliate your azz.

*smile*

Freedom: you can do whatever whenever, not too many pre-defined cultural boundaries

The Care Free Attitude: I don't care!

You get to yell and curse when you speak: Naayaaaaaaaaa! lagu sii qadye xage ka dhacdey waayahaan!

Hayat   

whatever flaw somalia has a nation, there is one thing that clears our account, our ability to never bow down to a white man , seriously i don't think we have yet to see any african nation, running after one black-hawk-down. now that ladies and gentlemen is UNITy. :D

Hayat   

this is not a double post. but one more REAlLy good thing, the stealer-hater social atmosphere. did you know that if someone yells Tooga- halaqabto everyone, and i mean everyone does their bit. Even bus drivers stop the bus and the passengers themselves participate. CLASSIC.

sooner or later you have a whole society after one individual~once again unity, ladies and gentlemen is the theme to "smile" about somalia. :D k, no more single-file replies from moi ;)

Kashafa   

whatever flaw somalia has a nation, there is one thing that clears our account, our ability to never bow down to a white man

You know, I used think the exact same thing. Used to have this vision of Somalis as proud, noble warriors( each and every one of them was somehow related to Quraysh, Bani Hashim preferably :D ). Going to war with each other over the slightest insult, but then fast making up and exchanging camels and nubile virgins( My uncle told me) in a great peacemaking feast known as the zab. Anyway, apart from the camel-stealing and virgin-kidnapping, they sounded pretty cool. Plus, we kicked the combined asses of the Marines and special super-secret elite Delta Rangers. So I guess that made us some hot stuff, right ? Enter my big mouth.

I cracked one too many jokes about black people in front of black people(friends, of course). I always had the "Somali-Lions of Africa-bow down before no man" card ready to play. Until one brothaman had enough and went to the library to research the history of Somalia. He came equipped and I got slaughtered. Among his findings:

-Many Somalis served in the British Imperial Army as lowly soldiers. Not Askari officers like the Hindis, but common foot-soldiers. Preparing and serving the white usurper my food, on my land ???? Noooooooooooooooo Say it ain't so :mad: :mad:

- The "bow down before no man" theory got destroyed: The Britishers just made us recognise them as our protectors and sign a few documents saying that the land belonged to the Queen, but the Italians practically owned us, banana plantations and all. Add to that the French, Ethiopians, and Kenyans just taking bits and pieces of our land, and we pretty much bowed down to every man. No other nation on earth has had so many masters in such a short period of time. Warriors.....or B!atches ?

- Finally, and this is the most painful relevation, he claims he can knock out any man from East Africa. According to him, all we know how to do is shoot Ak-47s wearing flip-flops and skirts :D

So that kinda burst my bubble, especially after I did my own research and found out that our past history, on the international level, was a sad and humaliating one, except during the brief reigns of Sayyidka and Axmed Guray(raximahumallah).

Anyway, I'm proud Allah made me Somali; love the good-natured non-stop foorjo & kaftan, the strong family ties, the ability to survive and thrive anywhere in the world, and last but not least I also am a noble, proud warrior from Quraysh :D

N.O.R.F   

The kaftan iyo dacayed with other Somalis you have never met before nor will probably never meet again while on your travels :D

The 'i must look you because your a Somali' thingy while on your travels :D

Being good to our parents and the family unit :cool:

Afro   

Blue Farah, You are a typical somali, who can't figure out right from wrong, hot headed, irrational, and aimless. I just said the truth about Maryooleey, and as they say the truth hurts, So I guess I touched a sensative nerve from you, but go to hell, I really don't care. Well I said before if I could change my ethnicity I would have signed for another nation, but fate made me one of them. anyway you told us the only reason you are proud of being somali is coz you don't have to pay $100 at the ports, what a sad man, if you really cared about somalia you woud've paid these $100 as it will do something for the country.

Anyway I don't see anybody comming up with concrete evedence of why should I be proud of Somalis, some of you repeat We kicked the rangers out, and we shot down a black hawk, Is that really what we are proud of????, how many somalis did the rangers killed for the killing of 18 of them, a conservative estimate is around 2000 somalis, is that what we are proud of?? very sad. Ok even if we did kicked them out, has our lives improved or has it gone wrost and backward? everyone knows the answer. lets face the reality Maryoley, MEESHA WAX AAD KU HAYSAAN MA JIRTO. isma dhaanto iy dhasheed.

Nephissa   

^ Hehe. Life just gets too serious on here sometimes. Maandhoo is deji.

I'm proud to be a Somali: My fingers are the utensils of choice.

Khalaf   

Afro, brother I understand your frustration…..why not open another thread titled: Maryoley you aint offered shit to the world….since this thread is about positive aspects of our nationality….its always easier to see the negatives. Let us be positive for once.

personally I don’t know much about Somali history…do we have a written history? Our history is oral…with tribal bias….so how do u know the correct history of Somalia….since there was no documentation….Somalia 500 yrs ago for example.

What I do know…is the ordinary Somali people in states…we are good people…welcoming…great hospitality…respect our parents/elderly…strong family unit…no inferiority complex…hard-working….I wonder what a united Somalia under the Quran would be like without the cancer of qabil…I think we would be a strong force in Africa and the world…cause we are a strong people…through hardship…war, refugeenimo…and look the countries we settled in…we are doing better then natives.

Afro I wouldn’t choose no other nation…I am proud to be Maryoley..don’t u just dig the dignity of our women in Lands of Kufar keeping their identity…puts smile on my face. Even if I was dirt poor…nothing to offer the world…and I had Al-Islam…my riches are greater then mushrik who has wealth and status.

Castro   

Originally posted by Afro:

Well I said before if I could change my ethnicity I would have signed for another nation, but fate made me one of them.

Ah, the cruelty of fate. Pride, in my view, is something that should involve some sort of an accomplishment. Being born into a race, religion or region are things no one chooses and therefore pride in such matters is an indication of some personal deficiency.

And for those of you who care, pride (kibr) is a terrible sin in Islam. So drop this nonsense.

Khalaf   

Castro...when I say pride its being happy with who u are...your people...your religion...not kibr...superioty.

Best of you are those who are most God-Fearing and have Taqwa...thats my believe...but I am proud of nationality...more importantly my deen...aint nothing wrong w/ dat.