Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

New Orleans is Gone

Pujah   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

No more beads, yea? That sux!

Shame on you girlfriend. :D

It suxs to be poor & black in America...that is like two strikes againts you. And its so SAD how we are more concerned with the hike in gasoline price then the poor people who are displaced and lost everything that was dear.

P.S. I have been glued to the t.v and I have yet to see any white person in all those videos and pictures from the disaster area.

050902_convo_center2_830a.h2.jpg

They say picture is worth thousand words.

050902_neworleans_blast_hmed_5a.standard

A fire burns on the east side of New Orleans after an explosion and several smaller blasts early Friday.

Sky   

Originally posted by Ceebla:

P.S. I have been glued to the t.v and I have yet to see any white person in all those videos and pictures from the disaster area.

I've seen some white folks among the black masses. As usual, they were checking out wether the black folks are ready to go back to work as soon as Monday.

x_quizit   

Katrina is yet one more example that Judgement Day looms ahead, with all the frequency of natural disasters happening within the last yr. I just feel sorry for those less fortunate who were unable to leave the city, while the well off, predominantly white families hightailed it out of there....and to hear that there's all this lawlessness prevailing, women being raped, kids w/o food and water,etc....and yet white america is complaining about ppl looting...how else can they survive if they do not take the basic necessities they need, since Bush fell asleep on the job...

I was watching the news a few days ago, and despite Katrina and its destruction, i was amazed to see that the american arrogance was alive and proud....an old white lady with the same amount of teeth as a toddler, was wondering in her southern twang why this happened to her, cause its "america and nothing like that is supposed to happen, only to other countries"...like a natural disaster is gonna be bribed by their government to go and hit elsewhere, preferably Iran....also what shocked me was how easy it is to get guns in the US...walmart had its gun collection stolen... i was shocked that it even sells them, "here is ur diapers ma'am, and an ak47 for ur hubby, have a nice day"....and they wonder why there are all these trigger happy folks running around....

Lastly, a co-worker of mine, who's husband works for Hydro Canada, said that when her husband and his team offered to help and were crossing the border, they were turned back by the Americans, cause apparently canada hydro is on its watch list....that is laughable... :rolleyes:

Gabbal   

Iam beyond pissed at white America,

You shouldn't be pissed at White America Raula, you should pissed at our so-called GOVERNMENT black or white! The NO refugees have been welcomed into Houston, it's everyday (majority white) citizens who are helping out the victims before the government was even admiting there were victims! :mad: It's freaking disgrace that FEMA won't acknowledge the devastation simply because they don't have "statistics" yet. Damn dheh, besides where all those "important" black folks? Where is Condi Rice? Where is Colin Powel? Where are all the others? It's a disgrace the way the WHOLE goverment has been handling the problem and mark my words, there will be inquires, there will be resignations, there will be firings because of this. Whether it might come from outrages right-wing souternors angered beyond anger at the lack of help or democrats hoping to score against the republicans, the government will be held accountable.

I think one of our nomads Besbaaso has relatives in New Orleans, let's hope nothing has happened to them.

this has never happen to this country, so most of Americans have taken so many things for granted. they can't believe this help is taking this long but the goverment has done the best they can. the fellow american have done the same.The governors from other states have activated their reserve service men and women. The help is there, and the need is high. it will get to them.

We all know that N.O is pre dominantly black city and that is why most of the victims in that city are blacks. We all feel for everyone who is a victim of this disaster.This was a natural disaster, God did not chose to strick only poor black people nor the whites didn't bribe the hurricanne. Let us see this just like the Tsunami. We need stop using this lazy man tool(Race) and see this as the power of God and help the victims let it be the poor black ones.

Someone mentioned some somali families who are vicitims of the hurricane, please if there is anyway to contact them i will be willing to help and i guessing alot of people are willing too.

Again redcross are taking donations please make donation, it will help those poor black you were talking about.

Jacpher   

I don't know if you're acting but you sound like those politicians from Washington. What you're doing on SOL?

War kuraygan difaaca ya u diray?

Marine, your Commander in Chief has admitted the initial response(5 damn days) was 'not acceptable'. U know something he doesn't? The best u speak of is shamefully pathetic. For a moment pretend you're a civilian.

Here's the Mayor of New Orleans speaking on radio b4 today's convoys arrived:

"We authorised $8bn to go to Iraq, lickety spit. After 9/11 we gave the president unauthorised powers, lickety spit, to take care of New York and other places," he said.

"Now you mean to tell me that a place where most of your oil is coming through, a place that is so unique... that you can't figure out a way to authorise the resources that we need?"

He went on: "I don't know whose problem it is, I don't know whether it's the governor's problem, I don't know whether it's the president's problem, but somebody needs to get their asses on the plane and sit down the two of them and figure this out, right now."

"This is ridiculous. I don't want to see anyone doing any more goddamn press conferences. Put a moratorium on press conferences. Don't do another press conference until the resources are in this city and they come down to this city and stand with us when there are military trucks and troops which we can't even count."

source

Dubya did come to New Orleans but he flew over it like Katrina. Smart. They'd have lynched the boy.

This song just came on:

Don't you know

They're talkin' bout a revolution

It sounds like a whisper

Don't you know

They're talkin' about a revolution

It sounds like a whisper

While they're standing in the welfare lines

Crying at the doorsteps of those armies of salvation

Wasting time in the unemployment lines

Sitting around waiting for a promotion

Poor people gonna rise up

And get their share

Poor people gonna rise up

And take what's theirs

Don't you know

You better run, run, run...

Oh I said you better

Run, run, run...

Finally the tables are starting to turn

Talkin' bout a revolution

Tracy Chapman, talking 'bout a revolution

Castro, hate to break it to you- there are others. ;)

STOIC   

Heh,the Marine guy!No one is playing the race card here.This is the worst a government can do to its citizens.How can you prepare an emergency rescue aid without doing a prompt surveillance of the situation?The government did not respond for three days when the poor black folks were dying.Today was the only day this people have really seen a help coming their way.Remember when september eleven happened how Rudy Giulianni was on top of everything making sure hope was restored.

A figure like Giuliani is what the government failed to provide.Bush adminstration has a problem with the mayor of the city.No problem since that can be understood because of political differences,but for the sake of the citizens can't you mend the differences and build a good communication medium?

The united State is a wealthy nation.Compared to the rest of the world.Indeed, to most observable among us,this is a a tragedy of the poor.Whether the above stated beleif is true or not saxiib, this is not illusory,this is real,real life is at stake here and the government went on to fatten themselves off the New Orleans own national guard(sending them to Iraq)!How will a black national guard of Lousiana origin in Iraq feel today when his mom is dying because of lack of aid?

This hurricane has prooved that the government-imposed preferential is at work here.In America Saaxib, poverty itself is a political.The poor are the minority who have no political power.The poor are always less organized than the rich.

Gediid   

Originally posted by US_MARINES:

this has never happen to this country, so most of Americans have taken so many things for granted. they can't believe this help is taking this long but the goverment has done the best they can. the fellow american have done the same.The governors from other states have activated their reserve service men and women. The help is there, and the need is high. it will get to them.

We all know that N.O is pre dominantly black city and that is why most of the victims in that city are blacks. We all feel for everyone who is a victim of this disaster.This was a natural disaster, God did not chose to strick only poor black people nor the whites didn't bribe the hurricanne. Let us see this just like the Tsunami. We need stop using this lazy man tool(Race) and see this as the power of God and help the victims let it be the poor black ones.

Someone mentioned some somali families who are vicitims of the hurricane, please if there is anyway to contact them i will be willing to help and i guessing alot of people are willing too.

Again redcross are taking donations please make donation, it will help those poor black you were talking about.

:eek: :eek: :confused:

Being a marine does not mean you do not have a personal opinion.Like everyone else you can state your opinion without fear.The government whether its at federal level or the state level forgot to take into account that not everyone can drive out of New Orleans and the suffering we seeing today on our tv screens is a result of that oversight.Who ever issued the warning should have also sent thousands of buses to evacuate the poor folks who did not have a car to freely leave the city and I believe they should be held accountable.Secondly the pace of the rescue effort is suspect knowing the massive budget at their disposal.Anyone poor whether they are white or black has been affected by this.

NO was on my list of destinations to visit while I was still single but not anymore.

Viking   
Unpeople are always unpeople, no matter where they reside. People just don't care about their plight! We see this everyday in the rest of the world and it is not suprising to see the same happen to the unpeople who happen to be citizens of the wealthiest nation.

STOIC ok that is ok, don't play the race card and blaim the government. Also don't compare 911 and this natural disaster. NYC had communication intact, the was law and order, the roads were not blocked except the 2 blocks of the towers. help have came from all over the nation.How can you compare that to N.O man.

What do you think would have happen today if the administration have enforced marshall law on N.O 3 days before the disaster so the military evacuate eveyone by force from their home to safe grounds, probably there will be no this sad pictures in our TV screens and less death, but a lot of jesse jobless jackson's would be on the screen saying poor blacks have being evected from their homes by the white government.

Gediid i am not scared of anyone bro LOL....

for real i am speaking my mind.let us call spade a spade not a big spoon. all i said is if the federal help was slow that has nothing to do with the color of the victims. The politicians are taking cheap bunchs at each other coz the election is right around the corner.

major ray Nalin is black he should have made a plan to evecuate his people right before it landed why? so don't put all the blame on the federal level and let us put some blame on the states heads.help is needed

God know the best.

STOIC   

Marine, Saaxiib my comparison stem from the leadership figure that was absent in this tragedy.Whenever a tragedy happens leaders of the affected nation restore hope and confidence to the people.If you happened to watched the fool this morning, did you see how sympathetic he looked? People always like to see a president who is vigor and vibrant in his approach of national tragedy.

Saaxiib, black and poor white Americans people in this country see themselves as Americans in spirit and ideals but they will lack a social base to draw upon when they are neglected like this.Infact this tragedy has shown that they are ignored and met with equal scorn.

PS Kanye West spoke the truth this morning even though i didn't agree with the way he handled himself.Somebody gotta say the truth.