Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

East Africa travellers

Paragon   

^^Loool Jacaylbaro. Dadku ismaba af yaqaanaan miyaad leedahay hadeer? smile.gif Koley adiga iyo Faarax unbaa is af-garan la'.

Akhyaareeyu shimbirta tan hore waa mid aan garan waayey aniguba. Mas-laq ayaa u haystay balse ma aha oo mindhaa waa shimbir carri kale kasoo habowday. Garanmaayo. Balse tan xigta waa sida uu Faarax sheegay ee aan anna u aqaan wiiro wiiro geed ma fuusho. Tan sadexaad waa garateen labadiinuba, ama xantalaay, bambow ama dhuuryoba ha ahaatee.

Paragon   

^^Lol. Lily, I see you picked on the name. It actually denotes something else such as qumayo. I use to hear naughty girls being called Wiiro Wiiro. Legend has it that Wiiro Wiiro can land on trees because she spied on the Prophet :D . Don't know where Somalis got this myth from but they say till this day Wiiro Wiiro cries 'waakan waakan' or 'here he is'. Thus, as kids, we use to hunt the poor bird and break all its eggs. Ciyaalnimo walee waa cudur laga koro lol.

Lily, yeah. I went back to familiar territories and I have enjoyed everything in it.

^I know,i always chuckle when i say it loud too.

Somali nomenclature(sp)process is really simple,she got the name of the sound she makes,thats all!

Paragon,J/B waa reer balad-wux uu geel kagaranayo maleh,marka showgisa haa naga dhaafo smile.gif

J/B adeer,geeljire terminologies is universal all around,ee waxba degmoyinka haa ku eed sheegan yaa :D

Paragon,xagee joogtaa? Khotile?,Singailu?,Sanguri? Dhaadab misna Dhoobley? Handaaro? Ijara? mise you are in the metropolis of Gaarisa? :D

-Lily-   

So basically its another word for qumayo? lol, Can I use it on humans? And what is the male version? Wiro? Wir? Wirro Wirra? Come on.

Intel   

829335828_6c027b9950.jpg

that bird is called xidinxiito soo maaha JB :D

wiiro wiiro :D:D

dadku ismaba af yaqaanaan walle :D

Paragon   

^^Lool@rokko. Waryaahe war inagu afka aan ku hadleyno kii Dhahareed ma aha ee waa mid waamo. Adiga iyo JB af dameeraleey ayaad ku hadashaan anaguna afka geeljiraha :D .

Lily looooooooool. Just say it, you want to find a name for men. And yes, the name is principly used on (female) humans. So use it on them, garadaase? :D .

-Lily-   

That's ok, I can always call them Wiiro Wiiro all the same, it should in fact be a double-bad thing to be called since you are a man icon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

Well I'm in Burco enjoying the food, the weather and plenty of sleep!

So far its been very enjoyable meeting family and friends. Alot of reer UK are here and I'm bumping into friends who are here on a mission. They want to participate in the game of 'two wifery' :D

Come across Europeans, Arabs and West Africans so far. Usually from one NGO or another. Still alot of poverty around and not much progress in terms of govnt expenditure. I'll touch on all that another time.

Heading to Hargaisa in the early hours and will meet JB in the afternoon IA.

Time for a mean steak topped off with some caano geel :cool:

Intel   

Originally posted by Paragon:

afka geeljiraha

war waadba fiicantahay hadaadan gaaljire odhan :D

EDIT

North good to see you made it safe sxb

Elysian   
North ,good to hear you've made it to Burco! Didn't see any NGO's when I was there last summer, rumour says Burco is a dangerous town for "gaalo". I met a German guy once who told me in af somali "Burco waa la isku gawracaa".

N.O.R.F   

^^LoL

There is a German couple currently staying at the same place as I am. They get picked up in the morning and come back at Maqrib. They work for a German NGO who supply/educate reer miyiga on how to grow crops.

I have actually noticed Burco is less dangerous than a few years ago. Long may it continue IA

Had a tour of Burco university earlier today,,,