Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Big Brother-the show(s)

N.O.R.F   

Hizb, i was never into Albert Square anyway, programmes i miss include Match of the Day, the Apprentice (i would win that) and Grand Designs.

Dhubad.   

^by the way the Contender is back on ITV. It is American boxing show where 16 guyz fight each other every week, the winner gets $1,000000. I love it to bit!

N.O.R.F   

^^As a result of immorality in western societies which in turn in a direct result of separating the church from the state? Secularism?

Separation of Church and State is the reason why the Age of Enlightenment and Reason took place in the West and no where else. It's also the reason why world migration patters are from Theological to Secular, not the other way around.

May God bless and protect all secular, democratic nations. Verily, for they are the only demonstrable hope for mankind.

Amiin!

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

The show is gay. I'd go further and say much of what's on the Tube these days are laden subliminal gay messages.

Really? I hadn't noticed. How long have you been hearing these 'subliminal gay messages' then? :D

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

How long have you been hearing these 'subliminal gay messages' then?
:D

Seeing, not hearing. I've noticed increase in the number of spinster aunt dads on TV. Very alarming! And of course the detestable buggers too.

Viking   

Dhubad,

I'm a big fan of The Contender too. "The man they call the Latin Snake" was a worthy winner last year. He had a good balance of boxing skills and mental strenth.

Separation of Church and State is the reason why the Age of Enlightenment and Reason took place in the West and no where else. It's also the reason why world migration patters are from Theological to Secular, not the other way around.

History says that the preceding Muslim thinkers of Andalucia who translated Greek works into Arabic and developed sciences immensely (while Euorope was willowing in The Dark Ages - controlled by the Church) paved way for the Enlightenment.

Yaw contender is off the hook, this is the only show i watch besides the sports center..i liked how that cocky hispanic guy lost the match, he forgot to box instead he was too busy looking at his girlfriend in the stands...

Hey northener, i thought the show was just new how did you see it?..if that is true you better not say who the winner is...

Originally posted by Viking:

History says that the preceding Muslim thinkers of Andalucia who translated Greek works into Arabic and developed sciences immensely (while Euorope was willowing in The Dark Ages - controlled by the Church) paved way for the Enlightenment.

I think the Renaissance is more the likely impetus for the Enlightenment. It was closer in time to the Age Enlightenment and the discourse was among Europeans, in European soil.

The Andalucian Spain and House of Wisdom in Bagdad, among others, were the beacon of a short lived Islamic/Muslim ascendency in Sciences and Learning in general. But who brought it to screaching halt? Specially in Andalucian Spain? Other muslims.

There is a reason why it was possible for the Age of Enlightenment took root in Europe. And that is due to the separation of Church and State. The reaction of the Church to thinkers like Galileo, Bruno among others shows the reigning paradigm of the day was none other than the Church itself. It fought to tooth and nail. Ultimately losing.

Viking   

The Andalucian Spain and House of Wisdom in Bagdad, among others, were the beacon of a short lived Islamic/Muslim ascendency in Sciences and Learning in general. But who brought it to screaching halt? Specially in Andalucian Spain? Other muslims.

Muslims? I thought it was the blood-thirsty Christians under the orders of Ferdinand and Isabella.

Originally posted by Viking:

Muslims? I thought it was the blood-thirsty Christians under the orders of Ferdinand and Isabella.

The Berber muslims, Almoravids first -- who invaded Andalucian Spain -- and others later beat them to the punch (Ferdinand and Isabella).